NARS Cosmetics Zen

ZenNARS zenNARS Zen

4.9

on 5/4/2014 5:29:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Absolutely love this, I have very pale neutral toned skin and I use this as my bronzer! Its so underrated

on 4/26/2013 12:33:00 AM

Love this blush. I was introduced to it by a Nars consultant, saying that it is a great bronzer substitute for my skin tone (olive) and I have been totally hooked since. I use it every day for a natural look, but it's also a great base for gentle sculpting, with a touch of more vibrant blush for the evening.

on 5/9/2012 12:46:00 AM

The perfect neutral for a fair skinned redhead!! So hard to find brown blushes, but when brown mixes with the pink in our skin you get the perfect, natural flush. This is very light, which is great. I can quickly swish it on for a very natural look and barely have to blend, or I can add a "pop" of a brighter color on the apples of the cheeks. It might look dull on a darker or olive skintone, but if you fit the category described, you will love it!! I can't believe Nars makes such loud colors with rather "descriptive" names, and then makes this perfect little neutral and appropriately names it "ZEN"!! I don't know why Sephora doen't carry it, I got it at Lord and Taylor' s Department Store. They occasionally have 10 -15% off on cosmetics, so I bought a second one long before the first was gone (it is now)! This is the first Nars blush I have tried. I then bought Madly, which they describe as a seashell pink, I think its just a shimmery, muddier version of Zen!

on 5/9/2012 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have given up my beloved laguna for this. I have used laguna for years and just decided it was no longer working for me. I just felt like it looked over done and got more orange throughout the day. I decided to try Nars Zen as a bronzer and then apply Nars Gaiety on the apples of my cheeks. I read online that this was a combo being used by Nars or some runway show.... It is a beautiful natural combination that I have been using the past few weeks. Its a very classy look.

on 4/25/2012 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I am in LOVE with this color! It is perfect for fair skins as a bronzer! I just take two swipes of this and put it on my face then BOOM! I'm tan! It is a brown based color (on my skin) and it is totally buildable. I did a swap for this and I am SO happy I did it! This will be a staple in my collection and who knows, maybe it will even earn a spot in my makeup bag!! The only thing I don't like about it is the packaging (this was my first NARS product), it is VERY hard to keep clean. Feels like rubber but I suppose that helps the packaging stay closed.

on 3/8/2010 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I would buy this again - if I ever ran out! Highly pigmented like all other NARS blushes, I use this both as a blush and contour shade. On my medium with yellow undertones skin (NC30) it comes up a neutral bronze with a slight flush of rose. There is not a whole lot of shimmer in this, it comes up with a nice healthy sheen rather than glitterbomb. I like that it's a happy medium between a matte and shimmery blush. I didn't think this would work on my yellow undertones but I really love it for a fresh natural look.

on 11/17/2009 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I have two of these in my kits. I have used this on myself but it is a bit dark for me personally. I usually use it on clients whose skin is a 3-4+ level and on them it looks fantastic.

Actually it works better than other blushes for a Sculpting shade for these levels of skin and I think it is the fact that it is a medium toned brown but has no greyish tones (like an EMote).

I had heard that this was going out of production so I picked up another one just in case.

I took a lippie off because I HATE NArs packaging -- it gets gummy and gloppy, powder sticks to it and although it can be cleaned, it makes for a nasty feel on the fingers.

on 7/28/2009 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Zen is my go to for contouring. Very soft natural color. I sometimes use with NARS Luster for a natural glow.

on 5/31/2009 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love NARS blushes. They're so pigmented, they stay on all day, and are just so darn pretty... if only they were cheaper. :) Anyway, Zen gives a really gorgeous nude glow. It's not orangey or dirty. Doesn't have shimmer. Just super pretty. I use it with Laguna. Super pleased with this blush.

on 5/16/2008 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I was looking for a neutral blush to contour, this one has absolutely no pink to it and having a matte finish makes it great for subtly contouring my face. Great texture, what I love about NARS blushers is that they're very sheer allowing you to perfectly layer without fear of looking overdone or muddy. A great catch.

Popular Blush Products