NARS Cosmetics Zen

NARS Cosmetics Zen
ZenNARS zenNARS Zen

4.5

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I LOVE!!!! this blush. I use it for my contouring shade as well as a blush/bronzer. It is absolutely gorgeous!!! It is a matte finish. It doesn't have a bit of any orange in it. It's a true matte medium brown. If I want a heavy contour, I do use a couple of more swatches than I would normally do compared to my bronzing where I only swatch it a few times.

Just so I don't confuse anyone, contouring and bronzing are completely different in my opinion. When you contour, you go for a sharper look to your face..sculpting it and shaping it to your liking...when you bronze, you're going for more a subtle tanned bronzed look to your cheeks...(right above the contour line). Hope this helps.

Anyway back to the product..I love this Zen shade because you can achieve so many looks with just one shade...contour..bronzing..blush..I mean that in itself saves you $$$. Absolutely wonderful color for any season. Def going to buy backups of this just in case NARS has an inkling of discontinuing this beauty.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Love love love. One of my staple blushes that I use almost everyday, even when I'm wearing other blushes. Amazing matte formula (can't wear shimmery shades since my skin's really oily) that acts like a very light bronzer. Gives your skin an overall healthy color (if your idea of healthy is a light tan!). Packaging is secure and comes with a mirror, although if you keep this compact in a dirty bag, the rubberized packaging will pick up all the dusty and random lint particles.

on 12/13/2013 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I got this in the Adult Content blush palette (which is a palette I highly recommend as it contains essential blush colours for fair-medium tones) and I use it for contouring. It's a good colour for this purpose as it's not too strong yet not too sheer. The colour can be built up for intensity which is good as you'll have less chance of getting too much colour in one swipe. It goes well on my NC25-30 skin with pink or peach blushes and makes my face look even slimmer when used on it's own. The only downside to this is that on some days it doesn't last that long, approximately 4/5 hours. Other than that it's a great contouring shade!

on 5/19/2012 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

ZEN is a matte muted brown with dirty pink undertones. I use this to contour my face but it's too matte that it doesn't glide on my face very smoothly. Also, it can look a bit muddy and dull if it's overapplied. What's good about it is it never looks orange-y. I don't think I will buy this again with so many other better bronzers in the market. I prefer a bronzer that brings a natural subtle glow to my face.

on 5/11/2012 4:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Already Hit pan on my FIRST ZEN purchase!!
THIS IS MY favorite BRONZER EVER! and TRUST ME ive had my share of bronzers...
the color is warm not flat, yet matte.
gives me a healthy warmth to my face.
DOES not irritate my acne prone skin..
I LOVE THIS BRONZEr!
if IT Helps at all.. my skin tone is nc30.

on 3/19/2012 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I own a pretty full spectrum of blushes in shades ranging from pinks, peaches to neutrals. This is my firm favorite, and I anticipate that its HG status will endure for a long time. The powder itself is buttery soft, and the color is just a classic stunning neutral. If a Chanel quilted camel handbag has an equal in the blush department, this would be it. This color to me just screams elegance, class and sophistication. This is not like those juvenile pubescent pink blushes that can look tacky. This is for grown sophisticated women.

on 3/14/2012 5:02:00 AM

This is my go-to blush because the color is delicious and easy to match. I use it to contour my cheeks and to add warmth to my face when I need some color. The best thing about this blush is that it is free of shimmer, glitter, or sparkles of any kind! This keeps the color looking natural and effortless.

The colour on the pan might be boring and brown but it's really gorgeous, natural and flattering on my skintone! It's versatile as well :)
I apply it lightly on the apples with MAC's 116 blush brush for natural look, and I can also contour with this colour using a slightly heavier hand. BONUS!

I like the staying power and the sleek packaging but it's EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE!! I bought this thing for $50!!
Satisfied though :)

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

For reference: MAC NC20 - very fair and yellow.

I bought this color along with Lovejoy because I wanted to try both. Lovejoy matches perfectly with my Guerlain B03 lipstick, but this stuff makes me look muddy and orange. I tried applying it only under my cheekbones and got the same effect, and I use a very light hand each time since Nars blushes are sooooooo pigmented. Maybe I have to wait until I get a tan to use this stuff? I will probably hold onto it as a "just in case" bronzer - it is really light, but I'm still unsure of the color for my complexion. I will keep trying it out with various nude lip glosses to see if I can make it a keeper. The quality is fantastic - just not sure if the color is right for me.

This blush Is a gorgeous color. It adds warmth to my face. I wear it everyday. Highly recommended :()

Popular Blush Products