NARS Cosmetics Zen

NARS Cosmetics Zen
ZenNARS zenNARS Zen

4.5

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

For reference: MAC NC20 - very fair and yellow.

I bought this color along with Lovejoy because I wanted to try both. Lovejoy matches perfectly with my Guerlain B03 lipstick, but this stuff makes me look muddy and orange. I tried applying it only under my cheekbones and got the same effect, and I use a very light hand each time since Nars blushes are sooooooo pigmented. Maybe I have to wait until I get a tan to use this stuff? I will probably hold onto it as a "just in case" bronzer - it is really light, but I'm still unsure of the color for my complexion. I will keep trying it out with various nude lip glosses to see if I can make it a keeper. The quality is fantastic - just not sure if the color is right for me.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've finally found the perfect HG blush/contour for my olive NC30/35 skin. I'm more of a bronzer/contour type of gal as opposed to a blush fan so this just fits the bill when I want that everyday mediterranean, summer glow in the middle of winter. Shows up beautifully on my skin. This goes perfectly with Ninotchka for contouring or using Orgasm on the apples of my cheeks after using this as a contour.
Then again, I tend to go for the minimalist/neutral look often so this explains why I love Zen so much..

on 1/28/2008 1:38:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I've used Zen for years when I've gotten the Skin Deep palettes(*weeps for SD!*),and I finally decided to go and buy a full sized one.
I agree with Daphers about the rosacea; I don't have it but I do have a ruddy Irish complexion and rose/pink in a blush is not always flattering,and if you have light skin this works well as a bronzer/cheek sculpter.It is matte but a bit of highlighter will give it a nice sheen if that's what you're looking for.

on 8/27/2007 11:16:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I completely agree with lisa_67 in her review below. I avoided buying this for at least a year and a half, purchasing every other beige/nude blush I could get my hands on. I was convinced that Zen would be too brown and warm (and thus muddy) on my NW 15-20 skin (red hair, blue eyes). It looks darker in the pan than it applies on the skin; it's subtle but still provides some "oomph" (more than Shu P Amber 83 and about the same as LM Crushed Hazelnut). I apply this in layers with a skunk brush (MAC 187). Staying power is superior. I still love LM Crushed Hazelnut, but this is a slightly different look, which is why I'm keeping--and using--both. I have a lot of pink in my skin and this helps add structure and glow to my face without looking ruddy. Very, very nice, and recommended.

Popular Blush Products