NARS Cosmetics Zen

ZenNARS zenNARS Zen

4.4

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Love love love. One of my staple blushes that I use almost everyday, even when I'm wearing other blushes. Amazing matte formula (can't wear shimmery shades since my skin's really oily) that acts like a very light bronzer. Gives your skin an overall healthy color (if your idea of healthy is a light tan!). Packaging is secure and comes with a mirror, although if you keep this compact in a dirty bag, the rubberized packaging will pick up all the dusty and random lint particles.

One of my very favorite blushes! I tend towards colors that have a slightly brown or orange tone, and this fits in perfectly. I like to apply this as any other blush, on the apples of the cheeks sweeping up towards the temples, and then apply just a bit more at the temples besides. The dusty pink-orange undertone makes it work well as blush... it also has a bit of brown, but it's not anywhere near as brown as Nars Laguna or TF Chocolate Soleil (which are my bronzers) and doesn't really create a "tan" look so much as a healthy outdoors-y glow, like I've been hiking in the hills rather than lounging on the beach, if that makes any sense! If I want a touch more color, I like to pop a little bit of Illamasqua's Lover on top... any color that has a warm peach/orange tone matches well.

Of course, like any other Nars blush, it's very pigmented and smooth. I bought mine at beauty.com during one of their 20% sales... having used it at least 2-3x a week for 6 months now, I've hardly made a dent in the pan, so is a good deal for the money.

on 5/19/2012 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

ZEN is a matte muted brown with dirty pink undertones. I use this to contour my face but it's too matte that it doesn't glide on my face very smoothly. Also, it can look a bit muddy and dull if it's overapplied. What's good about it is it never looks orange-y. I don't think I will buy this again with so many other better bronzers in the market. I prefer a bronzer that brings a natural subtle glow to my face.

on 5/11/2012 4:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Already Hit pan on my FIRST ZEN purchase!!
THIS IS MY favorite BRONZER EVER! and TRUST ME ive had my share of bronzers...
the color is warm not flat, yet matte.
gives me a healthy warmth to my face.
DOES not irritate my acne prone skin..
I LOVE THIS BRONZEr!
if IT Helps at all.. my skin tone is nc30.

on 5/9/2012 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have given up my beloved laguna for this. I have used laguna for years and just decided it was no longer working for me. I just felt like it looked over done and got more orange throughout the day. I decided to try Nars Zen as a bronzer and then apply Nars Gaiety on the apples of my cheeks. I read online that this was a combo being used by Nars or some runway show.... It is a beautiful natural combination that I have been using the past few weeks. Its a very classy look.

on 3/14/2012 5:02:00 AM

This is my go-to blush because the color is delicious and easy to match. I use it to contour my cheeks and to add warmth to my face when I need some color. The best thing about this blush is that it is free of shimmer, glitter, or sparkles of any kind! This keeps the color looking natural and effortless.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

For reference: MAC NC20 - very fair and yellow.

I bought this color along with Lovejoy because I wanted to try both. Lovejoy matches perfectly with my Guerlain B03 lipstick, but this stuff makes me look muddy and orange. I tried applying it only under my cheekbones and got the same effect, and I use a very light hand each time since Nars blushes are sooooooo pigmented. Maybe I have to wait until I get a tan to use this stuff? I will probably hold onto it as a "just in case" bronzer - it is really light, but I'm still unsure of the color for my complexion. I will keep trying it out with various nude lip glosses to see if I can make it a keeper. The quality is fantastic - just not sure if the color is right for me.

on 8/19/2011 7:44:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this blush! Its my go-to blush whenever I'm undecided on what blush to wear with my eye look or my lip look of the day. Its a very nice, reliable, safe blush for everyday wear.

on 7/14/2010 9:03:00 PM

Did not work on me. I used it primarily in the winter as a contouring agent, and after a while, I realized that it made me look muddy and dirty. Got Sertao next, which isn't bad, but doesn't give the contouring I was hoping for. (It's a little too tawny, and tends to turn orange on my light-medium yellow-undertoned skin.) Anyway, if Zen doesn't work for you, try Madly--it's perfect!

on 4/5/2010 12:28:00 AM

Eh. NC25-30 and this barely showed up on me. I had to pile on way too much to make it look somewhat noticeable and at that point, I didn't think it looked that good -- sort of a dull, hint-of-muted-pink color.

I generally love NARS blushes, but this was a flop for me. Swapped it away. Will leave it on that note as others have said enough about the product.

Popular Blush Products