NARS Cosmetics Zen

ZenNARS zenNARS Zen

4.3

on 10/30/2011 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Matte suntan brown with orangey subtle undertones. I prefer it over MAC Blunt which had reddish undertones and looked unflattering on my golden undertones skin. Zen adds warmth and makes me look like I just spent the day at the beach. Like a naturally tanned look. I use Too Faceds flatbuki and just sweep a bit onto my cheeks. It's such an easy blush to pull off everyday for a healthy sunkissed look minus the icky sparkle and muddy look most bronzers have.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I don't know that I would absolutely buy this again, but I'm leaning toward yes. The nice thing is that NARS blushes seem to last forever, so it's nice to know I won't need to buy it again soon! This for me serves as a nice light bronzer. I am NC20. What I like about this is that it is totally neutral, in my opinion. It isn't orange, doesn't have too much red, or too much gold - a rare find! The cost of this is less than desirable, at $26. I do feel, however, that NARS makes the nicest and most pigmented blushes. Many of them are far more shimmery/sparkly than I like, but still quite pigmented. I had to buy this at drugstore.com. They seem to only sell this at NARS, drugstore.com/beauty.com, and maybe at Nordstrom. They do not sell this shade at Sephora. I think you can find similar shades for much less money, but I couldn't vouch for them being as long lasting and richly pigmented.

on 10/11/2009 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is the only NARS product I haven't instantly fallen in love with. It was too flat and slightly orangey on my NC15 skin. Perhaps as a contour with another blush layered on top it would look better but I was hoping this would be a great nude blush on its own. I swapped this one away but who knows, I will probably try to make it work one day :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

My first nars blush. and definetely won't be the last! Zen to me is not really a blush (blush is more like pinks and corals to me ), it is more like a very pretty neutral subtle colour to contour the face. my boyfriend loves it on me, says it looks very natural - not like a blush at all. this is how I do the contouring and naturally highlight my cheekbones: I suck my cheeks in and sweep zen with mac 188 brush (just like 187 but little bit smaller) under my cheek bones and then with 187 or another powder brush blend in upwards. looks veeery natural. BTW I have fair skin (I wear fairly light in ID minerals and have some freckles, hardly ever tan), so zen is good for me, girls with darker skintone should go for a shade deeper than Zen.

***Edit Sept 2009***
Funny but sometimes Zen looks great on me and sometimes.. muddy.. It must be my skin as it is very inconsistent anyways, I am still in pursuit of a neutral color blush and use Zen as contour color on unmuddy days. Btw I use it as an eyeshadow sometimes and it looks great for that nomakeup look.

***Edit Jan 2011***
I really dislike NARS packaging. The rubbery black packaging gets so dirty and it is sooo hard to clean :( Plus the lids break of easily. I love how NARS is written all te way across the entire product, such a sleek and modern look but I wished they changed the actual material. sigh...

on 3/21/2008 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I am very fair with cool, pink coloring and this nude blush actually works for me. I didn't think it would, that it would be too warm for my skintone. But it does works for me AND looks good. I was pleasantly surprised.

Zen has no shimmer and is wonderfully pigmented. A great blush!

on 1/15/2008 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

*LOVE* This matt blush looks very different in the pan from on the skin. In the pan this is beige/very light brown, with no undertones visible to me. On the skin it unexpectedly turns into a slightly tawny, rosey nude. Beautiful.

No red in it at all and next to no pink so it's great for rosaceans. Gives a glow, like a lit-from-within glow but from colour, not texture, IYKWIM. This would probably work really well for someone who's pale and wary of blush/bronzer.

A near dupe for this is EL Nude Rose, which looks completely different in the pan but when applied with a light hand has a similar effect.

I'm LLL, warm to neutral.

on 3/15/2006 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I am in complete and total love with this blush! Got this in the Skin Deep pallette. I have fair skin and naturally pink cheeks so I can't really get away with pinks or reds type blushes. Actually I can barely get away with blush at all. This is described as a neutral beige but on me it's a faint beige with the lightest bit of peach. It looks natural on my skin and makes my cheekbones stand out nicely but not in a "I've got blush on." way. In short: I don't look "made up" in this because,again, it looks so natural. I've never ever found a blush I looked natural in and made me look good but this blush takes the cake! YAY NARS!!! :>

on 1/27/2003 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't know about this one. In the pan, it's a light tan (but goes on a little peach on me). By the end of the day it was kinda orangey. I didn't care for it. It would look a lot better with some gold shimmer in it or something, it was just kind of a drab color.

Popular Blush Products