NARS Cosmetics Zen

ZenNARS zenNARS Zen

4.7

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Love love love. One of my staple blushes that I use almost everyday, even when I'm wearing other blushes. Amazing matte formula (can't wear shimmery shades since my skin's really oily) that acts like a very light bronzer. Gives your skin an overall healthy color (if your idea of healthy is a light tan!). Packaging is secure and comes with a mirror, although if you keep this compact in a dirty bag, the rubberized packaging will pick up all the dusty and random lint particles.

on 5/11/2012 4:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Already Hit pan on my FIRST ZEN purchase!!
THIS IS MY favorite BRONZER EVER! and TRUST ME ive had my share of bronzers...
the color is warm not flat, yet matte.
gives me a healthy warmth to my face.
DOES not irritate my acne prone skin..
I LOVE THIS BRONZEr!
if IT Helps at all.. my skin tone is nc30.

on 5/9/2012 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have given up my beloved laguna for this. I have used laguna for years and just decided it was no longer working for me. I just felt like it looked over done and got more orange throughout the day. I decided to try Nars Zen as a bronzer and then apply Nars Gaiety on the apples of my cheeks. I read online that this was a combo being used by Nars or some runway show.... It is a beautiful natural combination that I have been using the past few weeks. Its a very classy look.

on 1/27/2010 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hmmmmm. I love NARS blushes for their pigmentation and the fact that they are so finely milled, but I am very conscious of which shades I can and cannot wear. Because I have reddish tones in my skin, any red blushes are a big NO for me which means I can't wear Outlaw, Mounia, Taos, Dolce Vita and Exhibit A.

As neutral as Zen appears in the pan, it DOES have a rosy undertone to it. Some of you are saying orange, but if you swipe it with a white cotton ball, rub it on your skin, and see what color is left on the cotton, it's a rose color (great trick to know the undertone of a blush by the way). I tried it on anyway, but it's true that the color is too rosy for me, like a rosy bronzer.

If I didn't have red in my skin, I might like this blush. But as it is, it's not very flattering on me. I much prefer Madly, the most perfect neutral blush on earth for my skintone, which has a cool pink undertone but goes on more neutral than Zen (may not be good for all skintones however).

NOTE: It is so rosy, I can't imagine using it as a contour, regardless of skintone

So I will pass on this color.

on 12/19/2008 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love NARS blushes -- Zen is my go-to everyday contour color. Really pretty - not muddy at all! Great staying power. I'm NC30

on 1/26/2006 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Ok gals, this is my 2nd(!) review of Zen blush but I just couldn't help myself. This is without a doubt, the staple of my makeup wardrobe. It is my DESERT ISLAND PRODUCT. I love it so much, I wonder what I did without it. What blush did I use? A garish pink maybe? Something vulgar and glittery? I don't know, but the point it is that for a long time I was on the hunt for a 'no makeup-makeup' blush to go with my 'no makeup makeup look' (making amends for high school I guess). I was also inspired by Angelina Jolie, who, if you'll notice, always puts the emphasis on the eyes, with a nude lip and clean (read: almost blushfree, or so it would seem) skin. Zen is perfect for this look, it takes a backseat and lets your other features shine. However, it's not Nico, it's not nothing...rather it is a subtle enhancer that warms up your skin in a muted kind of way. I especially recommend it for girls like me, who are midtoned and olive, with a tendency towards sallowness. Zen brightens up your skin and gives you a look of health. And when I say 'health', I mean 'health', not china doll, hooker or Diana Vreeland. No, if you want to look ROUGED, Zen is not for you. But it is a amazing, it is a godsend....it is the minimalists answer to BLUSH.

P.S.- If you don't have NARS near you, the only thing that I've seen that's comparable is MAC Strada, but it's more opaque (it kind of visibly sits on the skin) has a bit of gold in it, and some shimmer.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is a peachy/brownish matte shade. It mainly like it because its matte, I hate blush with shimmer. Unfortunately if I wear too much I look dirty, like ive been playing in dry mud or something. I only use it on the apples of my cheeks and it looks beutiful. I wont repurchase because since comparing this to a berry shade from MAC i prefer the berry clored shades and MAC is much less expensice.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I used this as an all-over bronzer this morning and I have to tell you how beautiful it looks. The colour is a creamy milk chocolate in the pan, but on my face it just looks like a most natural tan. I have tried every bronzer pretty much on the market and this is a keeper. I am so pleased!!! No wonder it's sold out on Sephora....

on 9/25/2003 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

this is my first nars purchase. i was skeptical about the shade at first but since i have a lot of red undertones this soft light tawny brown makes a good blush/summer bronzer for my fair skin. i would buy it again.

Popular Blush Products