NARS Cosmetics Zen

ZenNARS zenNARS Zen

4.6

on 12/13/2013 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I got this in the Adult Content blush palette (which is a palette I highly recommend as it contains essential blush colours for fair-medium tones) and I use it for contouring. It's a good colour for this purpose as it's not too strong yet not too sheer. The colour can be built up for intensity which is good as you'll have less chance of getting too much colour in one swipe. It goes well on my NC25-30 skin with pink or peach blushes and makes my face look even slimmer when used on it's own. The only downside to this is that on some days it doesn't last that long, approximately 4/5 hours. Other than that it's a great contouring shade!

on 5/9/2012 12:46:00 AM

The perfect neutral for a fair skinned redhead!! So hard to find brown blushes, but when brown mixes with the pink in our skin you get the perfect, natural flush. This is very light, which is great. I can quickly swish it on for a very natural look and barely have to blend, or I can add a "pop" of a brighter color on the apples of the cheeks. It might look dull on a darker or olive skintone, but if you fit the category described, you will love it!! I can't believe Nars makes such loud colors with rather "descriptive" names, and then makes this perfect little neutral and appropriately names it "ZEN"!! I don't know why Sephora doen't carry it, I got it at Lord and Taylor' s Department Store. They occasionally have 10 -15% off on cosmetics, so I bought a second one long before the first was gone (it is now)! This is the first Nars blush I have tried. I then bought Madly, which they describe as a seashell pink, I think its just a shimmery, muddier version of Zen!

on 3/8/2010 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I would buy this again - if I ever ran out! Highly pigmented like all other NARS blushes, I use this both as a blush and contour shade. On my medium with yellow undertones skin (NC30) it comes up a neutral bronze with a slight flush of rose. There is not a whole lot of shimmer in this, it comes up with a nice healthy sheen rather than glitterbomb. I like that it's a happy medium between a matte and shimmery blush. I didn't think this would work on my yellow undertones but I really love it for a fresh natural look.

on 7/28/2009 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Zen is my go to for contouring. Very soft natural color. I sometimes use with NARS Luster for a natural glow.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the best natural everyday blush!I love love love this blush! It looks nice when I swipe lightly to have that natural look. When I paired this with Super Orgasm, it gives me that really nice tan-blushy natural look.

on 4/17/2009 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Zen is what I hoped Chanel's Nude blush would be. Chanel's Nude was a bit to orangey for me but Zen is the perfect nude. No shimmer (cause sometimes you just don't want it) but it does not look muddy or dirty. Gives a subtle, natural glow.

I owe the mu board for the recommendation of this HG. I've perused the NARS blush selection many a time, and never even considered picking this up. Like all the other posters have said; it looks like a trainwreck waiting to happen on your face. Not so. THIS is why I now get all the hoopla surrounding these blushes. I was looking for something w/ no pink since I tend to flush easily and have the beginning of rosacea. Zen contours and gives me the nice healthy glow I haven't been able to find with other products. Couple it w/ a luminizer on the cheeks and you've got that dewy look all women strive for.
NW20/Black hair/Green eyes for reference.

on 11/5/2008 2:04:00 AM

Very very useful color with no shimmer,u can use it as either blush& shade,Zen give u a very beige natural look.

on 4/3/2008 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a really nice shade to use as a bronzer, it gives me a very natural looking healthy flush of colour without looking orange or muddy. I used to dislike the NARS packaging, but I actually love it now because it is small and thin, taking up hardly any room. I use this when I want a natural look, and put NARS Sertao over the top of this when I want a little shimmer and I'm more made up.

on 2/1/2008 10:19:00 AM

I needed a blush to use as a contour powder and I thought this would look better than bronzers being more neutral. It does not. It looks muddy on my pale cool toned skin. I have later found better products for this purpose: Cargo Molokai, Sue Devitt Tralee, Shu Uemura M amber 85.

Popular Blush Products