NARS Cosmetics Zen

NARS Cosmetics Zen
ZenNARS zenNARS Zen

4.4

on 1/31/2008 11:01:00 PM

Really love this. And only bought it due to the reviews here. This is the perfect slighty pinked beigey brown matte bronzer for a PPP/LLL who has ruddy cheeks. I never would have looked at this on my own because it looks too warm and slightly orangey in the pan, but on it's great. This on the cheeks, a little bit of gray brown liner, and a little Zen on the lids and a slick of lip balm and it's the perfect casual day face. Love this and have worn it every day since I bought it 3 weeks ago.
Me: strawberry blonde, green eyes, Nars Deauville, Mac NC20

on 5/14/2007 10:32:00 AM

Liked the color on my medium, neutral to warm skin, but didn't love it until I learned to apply it with a kabuki blush. One swipe from hollow of cheeks, under cheekbones to temple, and back down is how I apply--not on apples. I am a bronzer/contour kind of gal. Very natural definition, but can look muddy when I'm sallow.

on 5/2/2007 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I kept on hearing raves for this blush on the boards so as a result I was lemming this fiercely. But then I got to try it out at the Nars counter today and I wasn't impressed. It was placed on the display next to Sertao and Madly, so I swatched all three to compare them. Madly is slightly peachier than Zen and is slightly shimmery whereas Zen is matte. Sertao is slightly more golden and more shimmery then Zen. On my NC30 complexion, Zen is very similar to Laguna bronzer and Madly blush, both of which I already own, so I didn't buy Zen. But if you don't already have a similar face product Zen would probably be a good investment.

*** UPDATE 4/20/2008 - I ended up swapping Madly away because it would get these weird pumpkiny/orange tones instead of the dusty pink I wanted, and re-tried Zen. It looks milk chocolately brown in the pan but is truly neutral on the cheeks. This is a better nude blush than Madly, so try Zen if nude blushes have a tendency to turn orange on you. continued >>

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is the best neutral blush i've been able to find for my cool skin tone. usually, neutral = orange on my face, but zen really is perfect for me. like many others, i hardly wear this one alone, but i can if i wanted just a pop on my cheekbones. my fav. combo is actually with pout pearly queen, which turns out to be a very pretty pinky brown. overall, soft texture, nicely pigmented, great packaging.

on 5/26/2005 10:01:00 PM

This is one of my personal favs from the Nars blush collection. I acquired it via the Skin Deep Artist Palette. This blush is for everyone and it is fool proof. It applies a sheer warmth of natural flush to the face. Worthy investment.

Pale, milky brown in the pan it gives me a subtle, rested glow. Nice for relaxed weekend days, I wear this one often. I have light -- medium, pink based skin.

on 2/5/2003 1:54:00 AM

As it turns out, non-pink blushes which approximate my MMM/GGG skin tone dull whatever natural glow I might have, and, as other reviewers have pointed out, just cause me to look dirty. I have seen colours like Zen on cool-toned PPP MAC models with interesting effects, and perhaps such ladies may wish to give Zen a try. I think I can forgive Mr. Nars for making *one* blush which doesn't work for me :)

Popular Blush Products