NARS Cosmetics Zen

ZenNARS zenNARS Zen

4.3

on 5/4/2014 5:29:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Absolutely love this, I have very pale neutral toned skin and I use this as my bronzer! Its so underrated

on 5/9/2012 12:46:00 AM

The perfect neutral for a fair skinned redhead!! So hard to find brown blushes, but when brown mixes with the pink in our skin you get the perfect, natural flush. This is very light, which is great. I can quickly swish it on for a very natural look and barely have to blend, or I can add a "pop" of a brighter color on the apples of the cheeks. It might look dull on a darker or olive skintone, but if you fit the category described, you will love it!! I can't believe Nars makes such loud colors with rather "descriptive" names, and then makes this perfect little neutral and appropriately names it "ZEN"!! I don't know why Sephora doen't carry it, I got it at Lord and Taylor' s Department Store. They occasionally have 10 -15% off on cosmetics, so I bought a second one long before the first was gone (it is now)! This is the first Nars blush I have tried. I then bought Madly, which they describe as a seashell pink, I think its just a shimmery, muddier version of Zen!

on 4/25/2012 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I am in LOVE with this color! It is perfect for fair skins as a bronzer! I just take two swipes of this and put it on my face then BOOM! I'm tan! It is a brown based color (on my skin) and it is totally buildable. I did a swap for this and I am SO happy I did it! This will be a staple in my collection and who knows, maybe it will even earn a spot in my makeup bag!! The only thing I don't like about it is the packaging (this was my first NARS product), it is VERY hard to keep clean. Feels like rubber but I suppose that helps the packaging stay closed.

on 3/19/2012 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I own a pretty full spectrum of blushes in shades ranging from pinks, peaches to neutrals. This is my firm favorite, and I anticipate that its HG status will endure for a long time. The powder itself is buttery soft, and the color is just a classic stunning neutral. If a Chanel quilted camel handbag has an equal in the blush department, this would be it. This color to me just screams elegance, class and sophistication. This is not like those juvenile pubescent pink blushes that can look tacky. This is for grown sophisticated women.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I don't know that I would absolutely buy this again, but I'm leaning toward yes. The nice thing is that NARS blushes seem to last forever, so it's nice to know I won't need to buy it again soon! This for me serves as a nice light bronzer. I am NC20. What I like about this is that it is totally neutral, in my opinion. It isn't orange, doesn't have too much red, or too much gold - a rare find! The cost of this is less than desirable, at $26. I do feel, however, that NARS makes the nicest and most pigmented blushes. Many of them are far more shimmery/sparkly than I like, but still quite pigmented. I had to buy this at drugstore.com. They seem to only sell this at NARS, drugstore.com/beauty.com, and maybe at Nordstrom. They do not sell this shade at Sephora. I think you can find similar shades for much less money, but I couldn't vouch for them being as long lasting and richly pigmented.

This was my second Nars blush (the first being Orgasm of course). It is a matte tan-like blush that can double up as a bronzer.

I am NC20 and I normally wear it with nude or coffee coloured lipstick but you do need to have a light hand as it can look streaky, otherwise. Better suited for darker or tan skins, especially during summertime. Also good for contouring, if you can do that (I can't). It is nothing special ( I'd prefer the guerlain terracota bronzer for contouring, for example) but it has good lasting quality. I also hate the nars black packaging: for some reason it feels sticky.

on 11/17/2009 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I have two of these in my kits. I have used this on myself but it is a bit dark for me personally. I usually use it on clients whose skin is a 3-4+ level and on them it looks fantastic.

Actually it works better than other blushes for a Sculpting shade for these levels of skin and I think it is the fact that it is a medium toned brown but has no greyish tones (like an EMote).

I had heard that this was going out of production so I picked up another one just in case.

I took a lippie off because I HATE NArs packaging -- it gets gummy and gloppy, powder sticks to it and although it can be cleaned, it makes for a nasty feel on the fingers.

on 10/11/2009 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is the only NARS product I haven't instantly fallen in love with. It was too flat and slightly orangey on my NC15 skin. Perhaps as a contour with another blush layered on top it would look better but I was hoping this would be a great nude blush on its own. I swapped this one away but who knows, I will probably try to make it work one day :)

on 11/14/2008 12:57:00 AM

Zen is an instant HG product for me (NW15/20). I don't use this as an apple-of-the-cheeks blush, but more as a contouring color, and in that regard, I could not ask for anything better.

The matte, deep nude shade blends perfectly on into my pale complexion (though in the pan, it looks as if it would be too dark). It's just so natural looking, and best of all, it's never dirty or streaky in appearance.

I use my MAC 168 to apply (with 188 for extra blending if necessary). The result is beautiful.

This product is a staple that I never want to be without.

on 7/17/2008 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this at the suggestion of a NARS MUA. I'm very fair and need just subtle color. This is not flattering to me at all. I think I need a hint of rose in the nude tone. I like that it is matte and the texture is very good- goes on smoothly, never streaky.

Popular Blush Products