NARS Cosmetics Zen

NARS Cosmetics Zen
ZenNARS zenNARS Zen

4.5

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I LOVE!!!! this blush. I use it for my contouring shade as well as a blush/bronzer. It is absolutely gorgeous!!! It is a matte finish. It doesn't have a bit of any orange in it. It's a true matte medium brown. If I want a heavy contour, I do use a couple of more swatches than I would normally do compared to my bronzing where I only swatch it a few times.

Just so I don't confuse anyone, contouring and bronzing are completely different in my opinion. When you contour, you go for a sharper look to your face..sculpting it and shaping it to your liking...when you bronze, you're going for more a subtle tanned bronzed look to your cheeks...(right above the contour line). Hope this helps.

Anyway back to the product..I love this Zen shade because you can achieve so many looks with just one shade...contour..bronzing..blush..I mean that in itself saves you $$$. Absolutely wonderful color for any season. Def going to buy backups of this just in case NARS has an inkling of discontinuing this beauty.

on 5/4/2014 5:29:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Absolutely love this, I have very pale neutral toned skin and I use this as my bronzer! Its so underrated

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Love love love. One of my staple blushes that I use almost everyday, even when I'm wearing other blushes. Amazing matte formula (can't wear shimmery shades since my skin's really oily) that acts like a very light bronzer. Gives your skin an overall healthy color (if your idea of healthy is a light tan!). Packaging is secure and comes with a mirror, although if you keep this compact in a dirty bag, the rubberized packaging will pick up all the dusty and random lint particles.

One of my very favorite blushes! I tend towards colors that have a slightly brown or orange tone, and this fits in perfectly. I like to apply this as any other blush, on the apples of the cheeks sweeping up towards the temples, and then apply just a bit more at the temples besides. The dusty pink-orange undertone makes it work well as blush... it also has a bit of brown, but it's not anywhere near as brown as Nars Laguna or TF Chocolate Soleil (which are my bronzers) and doesn't really create a "tan" look so much as a healthy outdoors-y glow, like I've been hiking in the hills rather than lounging on the beach, if that makes any sense! If I want a touch more color, I like to pop a little bit of Illamasqua's Lover on top... any color that has a warm peach/orange tone matches well.

Of course, like any other Nars blush, it's very pigmented and smooth. I bought mine at beauty.com during one of their 20% sales... having used it at least 2-3x a week for 6 months now, I've hardly made a dent in the pan, so is a good deal for the money.

on 4/26/2013 12:33:00 AM

Love this blush. I was introduced to it by a Nars consultant, saying that it is a great bronzer substitute for my skin tone (olive) and I have been totally hooked since. I use it every day for a natural look, but it's also a great base for gentle sculpting, with a touch of more vibrant blush for the evening.

on 5/11/2012 4:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Already Hit pan on my FIRST ZEN purchase!!
THIS IS MY favorite BRONZER EVER! and TRUST ME ive had my share of bronzers...
the color is warm not flat, yet matte.
gives me a healthy warmth to my face.
DOES not irritate my acne prone skin..
I LOVE THIS BRONZEr!
if IT Helps at all.. my skin tone is nc30.

on 5/9/2012 12:46:00 AM

The perfect neutral for a fair skinned redhead!! So hard to find brown blushes, but when brown mixes with the pink in our skin you get the perfect, natural flush. This is very light, which is great. I can quickly swish it on for a very natural look and barely have to blend, or I can add a "pop" of a brighter color on the apples of the cheeks. It might look dull on a darker or olive skintone, but if you fit the category described, you will love it!! I can't believe Nars makes such loud colors with rather "descriptive" names, and then makes this perfect little neutral and appropriately names it "ZEN"!! I don't know why Sephora doen't carry it, I got it at Lord and Taylor' s Department Store. They occasionally have 10 -15% off on cosmetics, so I bought a second one long before the first was gone (it is now)! This is the first Nars blush I have tried. I then bought Madly, which they describe as a seashell pink, I think its just a shimmery, muddier version of Zen!

on 5/9/2012 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have given up my beloved laguna for this. I have used laguna for years and just decided it was no longer working for me. I just felt like it looked over done and got more orange throughout the day. I decided to try Nars Zen as a bronzer and then apply Nars Gaiety on the apples of my cheeks. I read online that this was a combo being used by Nars or some runway show.... It is a beautiful natural combination that I have been using the past few weeks. Its a very classy look.

on 3/19/2012 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I own a pretty full spectrum of blushes in shades ranging from pinks, peaches to neutrals. This is my firm favorite, and I anticipate that its HG status will endure for a long time. The powder itself is buttery soft, and the color is just a classic stunning neutral. If a Chanel quilted camel handbag has an equal in the blush department, this would be it. This color to me just screams elegance, class and sophistication. This is not like those juvenile pubescent pink blushes that can look tacky. This is for grown sophisticated women.

on 3/14/2012 5:02:00 AM

This is my go-to blush because the color is delicious and easy to match. I use it to contour my cheeks and to add warmth to my face when I need some color. The best thing about this blush is that it is free of shimmer, glitter, or sparkles of any kind! This keeps the color looking natural and effortless.

Popular Blush Products