NARS Cosmetics Zen

NARS Cosmetics Zen
ZenNARS zenNARS Zen

4.7

on 5/9/2012 12:46:00 AM

The perfect neutral for a fair skinned redhead!! So hard to find brown blushes, but when brown mixes with the pink in our skin you get the perfect, natural flush. This is very light, which is great. I can quickly swish it on for a very natural look and barely have to blend, or I can add a "pop" of a brighter color on the apples of the cheeks. It might look dull on a darker or olive skintone, but if you fit the category described, you will love it!! I can't believe Nars makes such loud colors with rather "descriptive" names, and then makes this perfect little neutral and appropriately names it "ZEN"!! I don't know why Sephora doen't carry it, I got it at Lord and Taylor' s Department Store. They occasionally have 10 -15% off on cosmetics, so I bought a second one long before the first was gone (it is now)! This is the first Nars blush I have tried. I then bought Madly, which they describe as a seashell pink, I think its just a shimmery, muddier version of Zen!

on 11/17/2009 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I have two of these in my kits. I have used this on myself but it is a bit dark for me personally. I usually use it on clients whose skin is a 3-4+ level and on them it looks fantastic.

Actually it works better than other blushes for a Sculpting shade for these levels of skin and I think it is the fact that it is a medium toned brown but has no greyish tones (like an EMote).

I had heard that this was going out of production so I picked up another one just in case.

I took a lippie off because I HATE NArs packaging -- it gets gummy and gloppy, powder sticks to it and although it can be cleaned, it makes for a nasty feel on the fingers.

on 7/28/2009 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Zen is my go to for contouring. Very soft natural color. I sometimes use with NARS Luster for a natural glow.

on 7/12/2009 7:49:00 AM

I purchased Zen and Nico sight unseen from beauty.com. I guessed right because this blush is wonderful. I have dark brown hair and brown eyes, fair-medium skin and most stuff winds up looking too pink or orange on me. This has brown undertones, which work best for me. This winds up looking TOTALLY natural on me, especially when I use the Nico over top to soften the look. This blush works well for casual day use as well as a little more glamour at night. I am sooooo pleased to see that I am not alone in absolutely loving this blush. Now all I need to do is find the same look from a creme blush. Any suggestions, ladies?

on 7/17/2008 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this at the suggestion of a NARS MUA. I'm very fair and need just subtle color. This is not flattering to me at all. I think I need a hint of rose in the nude tone. I like that it is matte and the texture is very good- goes on smoothly, never streaky.

on 8/27/2007 11:16:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I completely agree with lisa_67 in her review below. I avoided buying this for at least a year and a half, purchasing every other beige/nude blush I could get my hands on. I was convinced that Zen would be too brown and warm (and thus muddy) on my NW 15-20 skin (red hair, blue eyes). It looks darker in the pan than it applies on the skin; it's subtle but still provides some "oomph" (more than Shu P Amber 83 and about the same as LM Crushed Hazelnut). I apply this in layers with a skunk brush (MAC 187). Staying power is superior. I still love LM Crushed Hazelnut, but this is a slightly different look, which is why I'm keeping--and using--both. I have a lot of pink in my skin and this helps add structure and glow to my face without looking ruddy. Very, very nice, and recommended.

on 7/16/2003 3:03:00 PM

I use this in combination with Desire with Zen being more of a contour shade. I really love this combo! I'm fairly pale and this color creates a very natural contour/or lightly tanned look.

Popular Blush Products