NARS Cosmetics Zen

ZenNARS zenNARS Zen

4.5

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Love love love. One of my staple blushes that I use almost everyday, even when I'm wearing other blushes. Amazing matte formula (can't wear shimmery shades since my skin's really oily) that acts like a very light bronzer. Gives your skin an overall healthy color (if your idea of healthy is a light tan!). Packaging is secure and comes with a mirror, although if you keep this compact in a dirty bag, the rubberized packaging will pick up all the dusty and random lint particles.

on 5/19/2012 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

ZEN is a matte muted brown with dirty pink undertones. I use this to contour my face but it's too matte that it doesn't glide on my face very smoothly. Also, it can look a bit muddy and dull if it's overapplied. What's good about it is it never looks orange-y. I don't think I will buy this again with so many other better bronzers in the market. I prefer a bronzer that brings a natural subtle glow to my face.

on 5/9/2012 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have given up my beloved laguna for this. I have used laguna for years and just decided it was no longer working for me. I just felt like it looked over done and got more orange throughout the day. I decided to try Nars Zen as a bronzer and then apply Nars Gaiety on the apples of my cheeks. I read online that this was a combo being used by Nars or some runway show.... It is a beautiful natural combination that I have been using the past few weeks. Its a very classy look.

on 10/30/2011 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Matte suntan brown with orangey subtle undertones. I prefer it over MAC Blunt which had reddish undertones and looked unflattering on my golden undertones skin. Zen adds warmth and makes me look like I just spent the day at the beach. Like a naturally tanned look. I use Too Faceds flatbuki and just sweep a bit onto my cheeks. It's such an easy blush to pull off everyday for a healthy sunkissed look minus the icky sparkle and muddy look most bronzers have.

on 11/23/2010 8:52:00 PM

Well since Ninotchka has been discontinued, I would suggest this NARS blush as the next best contouring powder. Itís very similar to Ninotchka Ė bronzer tan-like, without any shimmer, better for darker skin tones Ė unless you can offer a light tough. I use this with a small stippling brush and tap off excess before buffing it into my cheek hollows, temples, and jaw.
Zen is slightly more orange than Ninotchka, so I this seems like a more obvious bronzer to me perchance youíre not a fan of Casino or Laguna. I use Zen exclusively for contouring because I do prefer a noticeably hint of slightly shimmer peach, pink, or rose on my cheeks.
I will attest that this makes an excellent contour powder. I definitely notice a world of difference when I use this product as opposed to when I donít. I do have to ensure my face is properly prepped before applying this so it doesnít end up streaky Ė it rarely does because itís on par with the rest of NARS blushes Ė pigmented and smooth.
For you gals who have issues with powders turning orange on you, I would be careful with this one because it does have a slight orange undertone to it.
Overall, quite pleased with this product, but I probably wonít repurchase when I use it up (if ever) because Iíve fallen out of NARS blushes of lately and there are in fact just as worthy drugstore brands!

on 3/8/2010 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I would buy this again - if I ever ran out! Highly pigmented like all other NARS blushes, I use this both as a blush and contour shade. On my medium with yellow undertones skin (NC30) it comes up a neutral bronze with a slight flush of rose. There is not a whole lot of shimmer in this, it comes up with a nice healthy sheen rather than glitterbomb. I like that it's a happy medium between a matte and shimmery blush. I didn't think this would work on my yellow undertones but I really love it for a fresh natural look.

on 5/31/2009 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love NARS blushes. They're so pigmented, they stay on all day, and are just so darn pretty... if only they were cheaper. :) Anyway, Zen gives a really gorgeous nude glow. It's not orangey or dirty. Doesn't have shimmer. Just super pretty. I use it with Laguna. Super pleased with this blush.

on 5/12/2009 10:54:00 AM

Why does this turn orange on me? Well, if I put it on lightly it's not really orange - more I dunno 'bright', from swatches and the likes I thought this would be the PERFECT brown, but it's not, it's nice, but I already have too many warm dark peachy borderline orange bronzers.

I owe the mu board for the recommendation of this HG. I've perused the NARS blush selection many a time, and never even considered picking this up. Like all the other posters have said; it looks like a trainwreck waiting to happen on your face. Not so. THIS is why I now get all the hoopla surrounding these blushes. I was looking for something w/ no pink since I tend to flush easily and have the beginning of rosacea. Zen contours and gives me the nice healthy glow I haven't been able to find with other products. Couple it w/ a luminizer on the cheeks and you've got that dewy look all women strive for.
NW20/Black hair/Green eyes for reference.

on 12/30/2008 8:38:00 PM

NARS Zen is a great nude blush. In the pan it looks like it would be kind of muddy, but it's absolutely not. I'm PPP and this blush gives me a hint of color that brightens my face right up. My Sephora didn't have this shade so I never would have heard of it without the help of MUA.

Popular Blush Products