ORIGINS All and Nothing

No Image

4.2

silica, magnesium myristate, hdi/ppg/polycaprolactone crosspolymer, ethylhexylglycerin, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, disostearyl malate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, tetrasodium edta, potassium sorbate, chlorphenesin, [ /- mica, iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), titanium dioxide (ci 77891)]

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This feels really silky and soft on the skin (hence the two stars), but unfortunately it didn't do much for me. I expect a setting powder to at least keep shine at bay, especially given that I have dry skin, but this seemed to make my nose extra-shiny by the middle of the day, especially compared to when I used my Origins Silk Screen power. The main reason I'm returning it is because it makes my skin terribly orange and ruddy. I have pale, cool-toned skin and was matched with a perfect neutralizing shade of Stay Tuned foundation, but when I dusted this over the top it brought back all the ruddiness I was trying to even out. Might be great for someone who wants to look tan.

on 7/17/2008 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is the only powder that doesn't make my pores seem larger than they are. This also makes my skin feel a little tight. (does not bother me) The color is perfect for my skin, and I find the brush useful

on 11/14/2006 7:18:00 AM

This is a transparent (one color suits all) loose powder in a nice, generous, plastic container. A tiny brush, that doesn't work very well at all, comes with it all. The powder itself is easy to apply but I do find that it sometimes can turn a bit orangey on my very pale skin. After half a day the oil on my nose breaks through so I'd say it has moderate matting abilities.

on 4/7/2005 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Even though it is supposed to be translucent, it shows up dark on my face. After a light dusting of this over my foundation, my face is noticeably darker than my neck. And I definitely cannot wear this alone. I have a lot of red in my complexion, and this powder alone gives me a very "ruddy-orange" look. That aside, it is not too "powdery" looking, and set my foundation nicely. It would probably be a nice powder to use if you want an allover "glow". UPDATE: I am upping my review to 4 lippies. I am using this with a lighter foundation, and the results have been lovely. It still leaves a "color" on my face, but other than that, the powder itself is very natural looking. In fact, I don't need blush when I use this.

on 11/14/2004 7:10:00 PM

I have been using this daily for about 3 weeks. This loose powder is sheer, neutral and gives my skin a finished, glowy look. On me, it prevents any oil for the day--and I have tried brands of every price range to achieve that. I am even going back to get the pressed version!

I love this...my favourite loose powder! I used to use becca's loose powder..which was good...but contained talc so it irritated my skin after a while. I use this over my stila tinted moisturiser...i get flawless glowing skin! A lot of other reviews seem to have problem with the brush, but i love the brush! Suits my needs perfectly and cleans very well as well! Great product~

on 10/21/2004 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was kind of on the fence about this product. I've had it for 3 months and used it once. Now i decided to give it another try and i love it! It keeps my oily face matte for a really long time, i only have to blot once during a whole day! I don't like the packaging though, too much powder comes out at once, and the brush is not very useful. Overall, a great product.

on 6/2/2004 7:45:00 PM

I got this yesterday, and was very impressed with the light, silky texture. I have been using Bobbi's sheer loose powder, which is great, so I was not blown away. This comes in one color, very neutral and sheer. It certainly makes my skin look and feel smoother than BB, but does not hold back as much oil. But the good news is that when the oil breaks through, it looks prettier, not greasy, more glowy. This looks very natural, looks more like skin than powder, I like that.
UPDATE: I bumped this up to 5 lippies, this powder is amazing. I tried it over all my other foundations and my tinted m. and it looks so beautiful. It actually controls oil much better than I thought and just makes my skin look great, like it is naturally that way, which it is not. I hope they never discontinue it!

on 5/7/2004 3:21:00 PM

This is a five-star, brilliant product. I won't re-iterate what the other reviewers have already said (I completely agree) but I WILL add that this powder is not only finely-milled, soft, and a gorgeous, one-shade-fits-all color, but it is OIL-FREE and TALC-FREE. Can you believe it? No talc! Minerals instead! Love this. Well-priced and gentle. The light-reflecting pigments are minimal, so you won't end up looking like a shimmer mistake. A must-buy.

This powder is the only loose powder I have tried, and I plan on never switching. It is light and doesn't look cakey after application, and allows skin to breathe. This powder is definitely worth the money.