ORIGINS All and Nothing

No Image

4.2

silica, magnesium myristate, hdi/ppg/polycaprolactone crosspolymer, ethylhexylglycerin, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, disostearyl malate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, tetrasodium edta, potassium sorbate, chlorphenesin, [ /- mica, iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), titanium dioxide (ci 77891)]

on 3/22/2004 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is Origins new one shade fits all translucent powder. It's $22.50 + tax for a 0.49 oz container. This includes a small face brush on the flip top lid which is screwed onto the container with powder beneath. The screw top is handy for travel but don't really use the brush. So far, it seems to work very well with NO breakouts. Sets my foundation and leaves it soft/shine free for most of the day. Look forward to using it during the summer when I plan to "tan" a little. That'll be the true test!

on 4/22/2004 9:43:00 PM

this stuff is really cool. the origins lady put it on me(like aveda, and the body shop they're so much more genuine than the other companies--maybe cos they have morals) its a bit pricy ($23) ill go back and get it--or i might get one of my friends to get it for my birthday! it leaves ur skin feeling smooth without the heavy feeling, and no one knows u have it except u! perfect!

I think I use this product differently from the other reviewers ... I have stubbornly oily skin and an unmatchable skintone that requires custom blended foundation and powder. Sometimes the powder tends to look a little heavy, so I thought the All or Nothing powder might help it look a little lighter. I have to say it performs impressively. I dust this on over my regular powder and it really changes the finish -- its light-reflecting properties give me a face a very subtle glow, and a beautifully smooth finish that looks practically poreless. My face looks like it went on vacation! I've been wearing it for a week or so and I did notice that the color changes slightly over the course of the day -- nothing terribly noticeable. I look like I got a little bit of sun -- more of an enhancement of my own skintone, nothing orangey or bronzey. Definitely worth a trip to an Origins counter for a test!

This powder is the only loose powder I have tried, and I plan on never switching. It is light and doesn't look cakey after application, and allows skin to breathe. This powder is definitely worth the money.

on 4/28/2004 6:27:00 PM

I'm giving this powder a total rave. Having almost used up my Shiseido Brightening Veil (which I really like, but I don't like that the application of thick cream/paste primer required me to tug, even slightly, on my skin), I was on the prowl for a new non-foundation skintone corrector. I hate foundations--liquids feel liks a mask, powders dry my skin out and always show up on my dry cheeks, cream-to-powders feel incredibly heavy. At any rate, my skin is pretty good, and I only need to even out the tone. All and Nothing does exactly what my dream foundation would do, withough being a foundation. It makes my skin look utterly smooth and even, it melts perfectly into my skin, keeping it softly matte (and glowy) without drying it out, and you can't tell AT ALL that I have a speck of powder or any makeup at all on my skin. There's no powdery finish, even. It just looks like skin. Perfect skin. I'm truly amazed. I think this would work a range of skin types, because my tzone was quite oily today (from wearing a sunblock that I don't particularly like) and my cheeks have been parched and flaky due to the long winter. The powder performed perfectly on all areas of my face, however. It's really cheap, too, compared to normal department store loose powders. I think the brush that comes with it is handy and soft, it's nice to have so I don't have to go out and buy another makeup brush, and it applies the powder well enough for me. I HIGHLY recommend! ***UPDATE*** I had to return this b/c on my pale skin, this powder turned slightly darker during the day. I'm not taking off any points though, b/c I don't know if most ppl would be as sensitive as I am to looking a bit darker.

on 5/7/2004 3:21:00 PM

This is a five-star, brilliant product. I won't re-iterate what the other reviewers have already said (I completely agree) but I WILL add that this powder is not only finely-milled, soft, and a gorgeous, one-shade-fits-all color, but it is OIL-FREE and TALC-FREE. Can you believe it? No talc! Minerals instead! Love this. Well-priced and gentle. The light-reflecting pigments are minimal, so you won't end up looking like a shimmer mistake. A must-buy.

on 5/14/2004 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Fantastic powder and I don't normally like loose powders. This is all I will use from now on. Keeps my face from getting shiny, hides my large pores, and leaves a great finish. Wonderful product!

on 5/28/2004 7:23:00 PM

Wow! This powder disappears as soon as it goes on your face, and what you get is the best-looking skin in the world. This really is a one-shade-fits-all! Also, it doesn't accentuate any dry spot on your face; if you exfoliate and moisturize before putting this on, it'll look perfect. I also use this on my neck, and the result is perfect. You won't see any line of demarcation at all.

on 6/2/2004 7:45:00 PM

I got this yesterday, and was very impressed with the light, silky texture. I have been using Bobbi's sheer loose powder, which is great, so I was not blown away. This comes in one color, very neutral and sheer. It certainly makes my skin look and feel smoother than BB, but does not hold back as much oil. But the good news is that when the oil breaks through, it looks prettier, not greasy, more glowy. This looks very natural, looks more like skin than powder, I like that.
UPDATE: I bumped this up to 5 lippies, this powder is amazing. I tried it over all my other foundations and my tinted m. and it looks so beautiful. It actually controls oil much better than I thought and just makes my skin look great, like it is naturally that way, which it is not. I hope they never discontinue it!

First off, this product is called "All And Nothing". I've never been a powder, foundation type of girl cause i HATE feeling like i have stuff on my face. With this loose powder it feels like skin! like absolutly nothing is on my face. I bought this because i just wanted something to give my face that cleaned up polished look without the makeupy powdery look and this really does it. The packaging is really cute too..i like it. The top has a little white brush that some people have said they dont use but they should because that's what keeps you from wasting all your powder and putting too much on. It's a special kind of brush. I love that All And Nothing is minerals too! This product is Oil-free and for all skin types and colors because it's translucent. It doesnt put any color on your face, it just, fixes it somehow! To make sure you get a really super smooth look, try exfoliating and moisturizing and then putting this all over your face with the brush. You'll look so much better after using this! Makes you 100% shine free.