Origins All and Nothing

No Image

4.2

silica, magnesium myristate, hdi/ppg/polycaprolactone crosspolymer, ethylhexylglycerin, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, disostearyl malate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, tetrasodium edta, potassium sorbate, chlorphenesin, [ /- mica, iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), titanium dioxide (ci 77891)]

I use this as my setting powder over foundation, and I love it! I have been using this for years. if my skin is clear and problem-free, I can use this on its own just to eliminate any oily spots and I'm good to go.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This feels really silky and soft on the skin (hence the two stars), but unfortunately it didn't do much for me. I expect a setting powder to at least keep shine at bay, especially given that I have dry skin, but this seemed to make my nose extra-shiny by the middle of the day, especially compared to when I used my Origins Silk Screen power. The main reason I'm returning it is because it makes my skin terribly orange and ruddy. I have pale, cool-toned skin and was matched with a perfect neutralizing shade of Stay Tuned foundation, but when I dusted this over the top it brought back all the ruddiness I was trying to even out. Might be great for someone who wants to look tan.

on 11/22/2009 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Okay powder, nothing HG though. It is translucent. I don't care for how it feels on my skin. Back to my tried and true Mineral Hygienics. SIGH.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is my one and only HOLY grail loose powder. when i heard that they aren't selling it in singapore anymore, i rushed out and bought 4 jars of it! I put it over my sunscreen, and it lasts the whole day. it is the only powder to remain matte on my face for so long.

on 8/17/2008 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I really like this loose powder, it matches my skintone well and stays on for a good amount of time. A lot of the time I use this with a bit of concealer and I'm good to go, it is quite sheer and is more of a finishing powder than anything else but it does even out my skintone nicely and the best part is my skin doesn't get irritated with this and nor have I experienced any pimples etc. The price is high but I think it'll last a long time so it is worth it. Great stuff for anyone with sensitive skin looking for something with natural ingredients.

on 7/17/2008 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is the only powder that doesn't make my pores seem larger than they are. This also makes my skin feel a little tight. (does not bother me) The color is perfect for my skin, and I find the brush useful

on 6/7/2007 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a good product that keeps the T-zone matte for most of the day. I use my own brush for a nice, sheer finish, and also because I find that when I use the brush supplied with the powder, while it gives more coverage, it tends to look ashy on me (I'm C4). Decent product but not a 'wow' with me.

on 11/14/2006 7:18:00 AM

This is a transparent (one color suits all) loose powder in a nice, generous, plastic container. A tiny brush, that doesn't work very well at all, comes with it all. The powder itself is easy to apply but I do find that it sometimes can turn a bit orangey on my very pale skin. After half a day the oil on my nose breaks through so I'd say it has moderate matting abilities.

on 2/7/2007 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This would be an awesome powder for the right person. I love origins....their products, even makeup, never break me out no matter how much I cake on. This powder, however, does not work for my skin color. (very light...NC15 in MAC) it turns a bit orange-y over my moisturizer, which is a perfect world by origins. I do not use foundation. This would be great for someone with a darker skintone. it is the most finely milled powder I have ever tried. The brush it comes with is perfect. it keeps shine away all day, feels soooo light and you can't even see that you are wearing it. provides minimal coverage.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is a great everyday powder, especially if you just need to cover up some shine if you're not going to wear any foundation. I like to wear this to the gym or when I'm doing outdoor things. The brush that comes with it is a joke- it doesn't really work for anything, but getting around your under eye area or to touch up around your mouth. I just use my Kabuki brush for the powder anyway and don't use the brush for anything else. I thought I read somewhere that this powder was made out of rice powder....? Can't recall if that's true or not. It does have mica in it, which according to the website is supposed to reflect light....which might not be too good for those with oily t-zones, etc. I've never felt that it has made me shine. I like that it really sinks into my skin and it feels great to me when I wear it by itself and no mineral foundation underneath. I have tried this over my YSL foundation in the past and it did seem to look cakey, but then again any of YSL foundations are just icky on me. I also really love the packaging on this. I'm almost out, and I will buy it again, because it's very nice to toss in my gym bag or in my purse for quick touchups when I don't want to layer on more MMU. When my current container is empty, I'm going to wash it out and put my mineral foundation in it. It's so very convenient the way it's packaged.