ORIGINS All and Nothing

Filtered by age: 30-35
No Image

3.7

silica, magnesium myristate, hdi/ppg/polycaprolactone crosspolymer, ethylhexylglycerin, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, disostearyl malate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, tetrasodium edta, potassium sorbate, chlorphenesin, [ /- mica, iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), titanium dioxide (ci 77891)]

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This feels really silky and soft on the skin (hence the two stars), but unfortunately it didn't do much for me. I expect a setting powder to at least keep shine at bay, especially given that I have dry skin, but this seemed to make my nose extra-shiny by the middle of the day, especially compared to when I used my Origins Silk Screen power. The main reason I'm returning it is because it makes my skin terribly orange and ruddy. I have pale, cool-toned skin and was matched with a perfect neutralizing shade of Stay Tuned foundation, but when I dusted this over the top it brought back all the ruddiness I was trying to even out. Might be great for someone who wants to look tan.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is my one and only HOLY grail loose powder. when i heard that they aren't selling it in singapore anymore, i rushed out and bought 4 jars of it! I put it over my sunscreen, and it lasts the whole day. it is the only powder to remain matte on my face for so long.

on 3/17/2006 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this for almost 2 years now. I used to use L'oreal which is the most comparable to me. It's really pricey but it does last a long time. It gives me a flawless matte finish over moisturizer and keeps me matte until lunchtime, and then I touch up with whatever I have with me- right now it's The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil pressed powder in Light.

on 10/7/2005 6:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a OK loose powder but it does not help control the oilies n my t-zone I have very dry skin but with a tendency to become oily, Sometimes this can look grayish on me, oh well perhaps just don't match my skin color, it is very finely milled powder though. Packaging is not a pain.
I would not buy it again.

on 4/7/2005 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Even though it is supposed to be translucent, it shows up dark on my face. After a light dusting of this over my foundation, my face is noticeably darker than my neck. And I definitely cannot wear this alone. I have a lot of red in my complexion, and this powder alone gives me a very "ruddy-orange" look. That aside, it is not too "powdery" looking, and set my foundation nicely. It would probably be a nice powder to use if you want an allover "glow". UPDATE: I am upping my review to 4 lippies. I am using this with a lighter foundation, and the results have been lovely. It still leaves a "color" on my face, but other than that, the powder itself is very natural looking. In fact, I don't need blush when I use this.

on 3/25/2005 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

The fragrance is nice. The powder has an orange tone to it that looks so unnatural. That's why I stopped purchasing Clinique powder. I guess since these two companies are owned by Estee Lauder, they just share the same wack formulas. Buy this if you want your skin color to look orange and unnatural.

on 3/2/2005 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Good product! I bought it because it was made with minerals instead of talc or whatever else they usually use in powders that ALWAYS break me out. It's the first powder that I've used in a long time that hasn't completely wrecked my skin, so I'm happy with it! I wish it reduced my oiliness better when used alone though. I still have to use oil-blotting lotions underneath it, but hey--at least the powder doesn't break me out!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this powder! I have very oily acne prone skin and this has not made me break out. I do have to blot around lunch time but I have never found a product where I haven't. I do feel this powder looks best when you use concealor only not foundation too. It gives a nice natural glow. I am on my 3rd container of this I've been using it for almost a year. I never stick with a product for that long!! :)

on 8/10/2004 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Just purchased three days ago based on the reviews. I'm definitely a minority opinion. There is only one color choice and it looks fake on me. Much worse, it looks really cakey and splochy. I put it on over a very light foundation application only to have it give me a mask like appearance. It also clings to the tiniest dry spot making me look worse than wearing no powder.

I like very natural light looking powder. This one is going back.

One more comment. I barely notice any oil control. I put it on at 7am and by 8:15 the oilies appear.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Hands down one of the best powders I have ever used for oil control! I am very, very pale, but the color seems to melt into the skin. I am very breakout prone, but no trouble with this powder! A great find, I wish the packaging was better, but still gets 5 lippies! The brush is useless to me, I use a powder puff.