4.3

price range

Reviews

from

a year ago

I don’t know why I’m only just reviewing this lippy. I’m on probably my 15th tube. I’ve tried so many different nude pinks, TF/Hourglass make my other faves but this one tops them all and keeps me repurchasing over and over. It’s a perfect pink your-lips-but-better for my skin tone (fair, blonde). I wear this at work, I’ve worn to weddings, to a funeral, for my graduation, everyday out and about. I do find it a little drying, but always have a lip balm to hand anyhow- plus I’m actually yet to find a lipstick that doesn’t dry my lips at all. Love, love, love it.

About reviewer (76 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

a year ago

I am a lipstick junkie, I have every brand lipstick from the $40 -to the $10, I love a lot of brands that make beautiful lipsticks, but the number one , I have to say is Revlon creme in Pink in the Afternoon, the most perfect pink on the market , my skin is fair and it is the most amazing color not too pale with a little peach in it , it hits the mark , and the creamy texture reminds me of the lipsticks from years ago, there is a reason that Revlon is the lipstick king! If you like a bluer pink , then it’s Gentleman Prefer Pink , but that’s another review.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinVery Dry, Fair

HairOther

2 years ago

I like this lipstick--- but, for me, it lacks punch, doesn't quite brighten my face. That said, it's a very pretty color for those who like less contrast than I do. I bought it long ago because I read that it's the lippie---or a dupe of the lippie--- that Audrey Hepburn wore in Breakfast at Tiffany's. I disagree. It's much more of a tan rose than Audrey's Breakfast at Tiffany's color. To try to duplicate what she wore, try Rimmel's Kate 28----a much brighter peachy pink!

About reviewer (32 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

EyesHazel

from

4 years ago

A soft pink that pulls coral in some lights. It looks very natural against my olive-yellow Asian coloring. No shimmer, just creme. Lasting power is okay (4 hours?), transfer is still present even when I blot as I apply, and it won't survive through lunch. I love everything about this lipstick except for the lasting power. Edit August 2018: This is good for days when you're going for a fairly natural look. I'm into stronger-colored lipsticks now and now Pink in the Afternoon seems very wishy washy. You can't layer it on because it gets that unflattering pastel look.

About reviewer (70 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

1.0

4 years ago

I don't like this lipstick at all. Too natural of a color for me.

About reviewer (47 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Olive

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

4 years ago

I love this beautiful classic color. Revlon makes my favorite drug store lipsticks.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

3.0

4 years ago

I really like the colour of this but really hate the formula. It kinda of sits on my lips and doesnt absorb and highlights all the tiniest bits of flaky skin on my lips. You can cover it up with gloss, but i hate doing that. I find revlon Lip butters dont do this. Spend your money on lip butters or another brand instead.

About reviewer (140 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

4 years ago

Can't beat Revlon for a good lipstick! Price and quality are excellent!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

4 years ago

I bought this one after many reviews took note that this is a dupe of a lipstick that Audrey Hepburn sported in her younger years. To add to the list, it's been said to be a dupe of Mac Fanfare. It's a very pretty everyday color. Classic MLBB. At first I thought this shade washed me out, but it grew on me. I seldom wore this one, until I saw Kendall Jenner sporting light, natural lipcolor similar to this one in her street fashion photos. I would describe it as a medium salmon pink lipstick with coral undertones. It's slightly sheer, nothing special on the two first swipes. You have to build up the color to get the most out of its pigmentation. I love the texture - it's creamy and glides like butter. Quality is ok for the price.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

5 years ago

There' some things that you never get sick of, Revlon Super Lustrous Creme being one of those staple stuff. There's no frills, no scent, the formula is stellar especially for the price, nothing to hate about these lipsticks!! I agree that some darker, vampy shades tend to be a little more unforgivingly patchy but Pink in the Afternoon is creamy, soft and simply great for everyday wearing! Because of my coloring, this color pulls a bit more coral on me so I wear it mostly in warmer weathers. The pigmentation is great, almost a bit too pigmented, covering up all your little lip flaws. I have a birthmark on my top lip and this lipstick covers it like a champ! (Not that I mind it showing but it's pretty dark and I'm impressed by the Revlon's coverage) I like Temptress for wintertime, it's almost in the same depth (a touch lighter than Pink in the Afternoon) and is a cooler tone which I find more appropriate for winter.

About reviewer (185 reviews)

Age19-24