Revlon Super Lustrous Creme - Pink in the Afternoon

Revlon Super Lustrous Creme - Pink in the Afternoon

4.2

on 4/12/2018 11:15:00 AM

I like this lipstick--- but, for me, it lacks punch, doesn't quite brighten my face. That said, it's a very pretty color for those who like less contrast than I do.

I bought it long ago because I read that it's the lippie---or a dupe of the lippie--- that Audrey Hepburn wore in Breakfast at Tiffany's. I disagree. It's much more of a tan rose than Audrey's Breakfast at Tiffany's color. To try to duplicate what she wore, try Rimmel's Kate 28----a much brighter peachy pink!

on 8/6/2016 7:36:00 AM

A soft pink that pulls coral in some lights. It looks very natural against my cool/olive yellow Asian coloring. No shimmer, just creme. Lasting power is okay (4 hours?), transfer is still present even when I blot as I apply, and it won't survive through lunch. I love everything about this lipstick except for the lasting power.

on 3/27/2016 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I don't like this lipstick at all. Too natural of a color for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

I love this beautiful classic color. Revlon makes my favorite drug store lipsticks.

on 11/24/2015 9:40:00 PM

I really like the colour of this but really hate the formula. It kinda of sits on my lips and doesnt absorb and highlights all the tiniest bits of flaky skin on my lips. You can cover it up with gloss, but i hate doing that.

I find revlon Lip butters dont do this. Spend your money on lip butters or another brand instead.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Can't beat Revlon for a good lipstick! Price and quality are excellent!

on 11/13/2015 10:27:00 AM

I bought this one after many reviews took note that this is a dupe of a lipstick that Audrey Hepburn sported in her younger years. To add to the list, it's been said to be a dupe of Mac Fanfare.

It's a very pretty everyday color. Classic MLBB. At first I thought this shade washed me out, but it grew on me. I seldom wore this one, until I saw Kendall Jenner sporting light, natural lipcolor similar to this one in her street fashion photos.

I would describe it as a medium salmon pink lipstick with coral undertones. It's slightly sheer, nothing special on the two first swipes. You have to build up the color to get the most out of its pigmentation. I love the texture - it's creamy and glides like butter. Quality is ok for the price.

on 8/24/2015 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

There' some things that you never get sick of, Revlon Super Lustrous Creme being one of those staple stuff. There's no frills, no scent, the formula is stellar especially for the price, nothing to hate about these lipsticks!! I agree that some darker, vampy shades tend to be a little more unforgivingly patchy but Pink in the Afternoon is creamy, soft and simply great for everyday wearing! Because of my coloring, this color pulls a bit more coral on me so I wear it mostly in warmer weathers. The pigmentation is great, almost a bit too pigmented, covering up all your little lip flaws. I have a birthmark on my top lip and this lipstick covers it like a champ! (Not that I mind it showing but it's pretty dark and I'm impressed by the Revlon's coverage) I like Temptress for wintertime, it's almost in the same depth (a touch lighter than Pink in the Afternoon) and is a cooler tone which I find more appropriate for winter.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have light skin but fairly red/dark-ish lips for my skintone, so I have to look hard to find lighter nude/pink lipsticks that suit me, but this one is lovely. A subtle, girly pink shade. Goes on evenly and creamy, and has nice pigmentation.
I have a couple of other lipsticks from Revlon's super lustrous range, and all the ones I do have are lovely.

on 4/30/2015 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my absolute favourite pink lipstick. I wear it everyday because it's subtle but it pulls together my makeup look very nicely. What I like most about it is how versatile it is. If I want to go for a natural look, i'll just use one swipe. If i'm going out at night, i'll build up the colour and then use a gloss over top of it. Definitely a lipstick I have with me at all times.