NARS Lulu

No Image

3.2

on 2/27/2010 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Sigh. This is one of those rare Nars misses. I picked it because eggplant colors go well with my green eyes, but this shadow is just meh. It's super dry, not pigmented, creates a ton of fall-out, doesn't blend. It's no good. I will use it right on my lash line sometimes and kind of smudge it, and that's the only use I've found for it. Such a shame, because it's actually a really nice color.

on 2/21/2010 2:46:00 PM

I don't recommend this eye shadow because it's sheer and it's not very pigmented, so have to use a lot of product to get full color coverage, also I think it's a bit chalky, very hard to work with, doesn't blend very well.

on 10/30/2009 2:18:00 PM

this is an awesome deep purple shade. i wet it and use and a liner(so yes, lots of color payoff) and then lightly sweep into my crease(so yes, can go sheer). It is a staple of mine for going out at night. oh, and it lasts so long, no worrying about it migrating all over my face while out at the bars :). i do not think i will repurchase however, because i do think my grandchildren will hit pan on this, you need so little to get such a color pay off

on 4/15/2009 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Not my most favorite NARS shade in terms of texture, but the color is very unique, and I fall in love with it again every time I use it! It's a deep matte plum/eggplant that goes on more sheer than it looks in the compact. Lulu looks amazing paired with a shimmery soft peach or ivory shadow. If it had a little better pigmentation and color payoff, this would be HG status!!

on 9/4/2007 7:10:00 AM

Love the deep eggplant colour but the texture is horrible.
I recommend L'oreal HIP duo in Wicked which has a great dupe of Lulu with much better texture and a lot cheaper too!

on 5/17/2005 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This eggplant color looks good on me over white eyeshadow as my base and highlighter like MAC's White Frost, but at the $18 price tag I really do expect better quality than this. This doesn't go on evenly and takes some work to blend trying to get it that way. On the upside the packaging is cool, comes with a mirror, and you get plenty of product. I might just buy this again because of the color if I ever do use it up which I highly doubt.

on 10/24/2003 4:28:00 PM

I love using purple and berry shades to bring out the green flecks in my eyes. This colour looks very intense in the pan, but on application it is quite sheer. Carefully applied in the crease, it makes a lovely, more dramatic look and I love using it as a liner. Lasts and lasts. Another unique colour.

on 2/11/2003 5:27:00 AM

This appears to be beautiful deep purple, but it's quite a sheer eyeshadow. Nice used wet, but there are cheaper and better quality alternatives.

on 9/15/2002 9:34:00 PM

Very disappointing. I was so looking forward to trying this color, it is a gorgeous deep purple - but it goes on chalky, is impossible to blend, not pigmented at all, and will not work wet!!! ARGH! What a waste of money! Love the packaging, maybe Nars should invest in a better e/s formula that matches!

on 1/29/2002 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Neutral

There are other purple shadows out there that could do the job of this shadow just as well, if not better. The only two outstanding things about this shadow are the texture and packaging.