3.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 years ago

This is my go-to winter cream. My skin turns into a nightmare as soon as the first below-50 day shows up in the fall in New England where I live. This year, I had itchy red bumps that I've never seen before, and as soon as I pulled out my jar of Caviar cream, I saw an improvement. Seriously, it happened two days ago and my skin felt textured and almost hurt. Right now I'm pairing this with Mario Badescu Elasto-Collagen Night Cream. The caviar cream is thick and almost waxy, which is what I need to seal in moisture. Looks good under makeup and helps with the dry patches that came with those unsightly red bumps. I love it even more under Kiehl's Tinted Moisturizer. I rarely purchase products twice and I'm on my third jar of this.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Curly, Medium

EyesBrown

from

9 years ago

this is a great heavy moisturizer that i have been looking for forever! excellent for winter months. leaves my aceleic acid/benzamycin skin wonderfully moisturized. hg in winter months for me. will switch to something lighter when the weather changes.

About reviewer (80 reviews)

SkinCombination, Dark

HairBrown

EyesBrown

10 years ago

I was doubtful about this, but now I love it. I use it as a night cream, because I prefer the heavier textures at night. It leaves my skin very soft and well hydrated. I can say anything to it helping with the firmness or elsascity of my skin, but I still like this product. With the right anti aging serums it could be a great product, especially for the drier winter months.

About reviewer (659 reviews)

SkinOily, Other, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

2.0
from

10 years ago

After too quickly finishing the last bottle of my beloved Cosmedix Emulsion, I was in need of a product I liked as much (I would have settled for almost as much) without the healthy price tag. I tried several things (The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Night Cream, Organic Rose Hip Oil, Mountain Ocean Skin Trip Coconut Moisturizer and several samples of MB moisturizers) that fell flat. My skin is combo/sensitive/breakout-prone, and drier in the winter. It has been down-right cold here, with little to no humidity, so I was in need of something rich. My fear is that with rich you usually get heavy... and I was concerned about breakouts. Then along came this little gem. It is exactly what I was looking for. The first time I tried it, I was deeply concerned that it was going to break me out like crazy... it is the consistency of whipped petroleum jelly... it didn't! In fact, it make my skin feel and look like glass... I glowed! My dehydrated skin improved with every use. When I ran out of the sample, I was forced to use some of the other products I had... and my hydrated glow soon disappeared. Nordstrom was out, so I was forced to place an order directly with MB... I'm glad it worked out that way, because they are super generous with their samples... and I received an additional gift and discount with my order. Well, needless to say, I'm back to loving my skin... and loving this product! Alas, I gave it only four lippies because of its packaging... I prefer a pump. **UPDATE: After prolonged use, I stopped getting the "glass" feeling this product once produced... in fact, it kind of seemed to just sit on top of my skin and not do much of anything. I tried to figure out what, if anything, I was doing differently to cause this product's sudden ineffectiveness. When I couldn't figure it out, I surmised that it must be what happens with long-term (month+) use, so I returned my jar :( **

About reviewer (99 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair-Medium

HairRed

EyesHazel

1.0

10 years ago

Sorry to break the string of positive reviews, but I have got to say that I despise Mario Badescu's Caviar Day Cream. I've used many MB products, and while they've all been hit or miss for me, this is hands-down the biggest miss. The weather has finally turned cold here, so I was excited to try a heavier moisturizer than usual. After reading the positive reviews on MUA, I added the Caviar Day Cream to the list of samples for my most recent MB order. I used this product both day and night for two days before I realized that my cheeks had broken out like never before. My skin is usually very clear, and it's not that sensitive, but suddenly I had about five large pimples on each cheek. I continued to use this for another day before I gave up. After a few masks and treatments added to my regular daily regime, the zits finally started to go away after two days. To give the Caviar Day Cream one last shot, I applied it this morning. My skin became red and extremely shiny within an hour, and I wound up washing it off. This is a very thick, waxy cream with a somewhat heavy, soapy scent. I've found that it doesn't absorb into my skin at all, and leaves my face looking oily as all get out. Despite the cheap price ($20 for one ounce, and with cream this thick, that ounce will go a long way), this product just isn't worth it. If you're anything like me, the cost savings will be eaten up by the products you need to repair the damage left by Badescu's Caviar Day Cream.

About reviewer (173 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

11 years ago

Love this cream. My HG is Eucerin original cream, but every once and a while I need to switch to something else. This Caviar Day Cream is very very thick, and moisturizes my extremely dry skin. I love using this in the winter months!

About reviewer (95 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Dry, Fair

HairBlond

16 years ago

My skin is combination/acneic, and sensitive. But in the winter, it can get dehydrated. I purchased the Caviar Day Cream from the website, (www.mariobadescu.com), sight unseen. When I received it, I was dismayed to find that it was an extremely thick cream. I thought it would make me break out. But after using it, I have to say I love this cream. In two days it had tranformed my skin from red, dull and dehydrated, to supple and glowing. Although it's a day cream, I use it both day and night. I wake up to radiant skin. This is one of the line's "protective creams", for extra help in cold or dry climates. So this is definitely a winter-only cream for me. But I am really pleased with it. It makes my skin look better than Creme de la Mer, and at $20 for one ounce, it's a fraction of the price. Bargain! When the warmer weather comes, I'll switch to a lighter day moisturizer, but I might just keep using this as a night cream.

About reviewer (174 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool