Vichy Normaderm Deep Cleansing Gel

Vichy Normaderm Deep Cleansing Gel

3.3

ACTIVE INGREDIENT………….PURPOSE SALICYLIC ACID 0.5%............ ACNE TREATMENT INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: WATER • SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE • PEG-200 HYDROGENATED GLYCERYL PALMATE • DECYL GLUCOSIDE • GLYCERIN • PEG-120 METHYL GLUCOSE DIOLEATE • PEG-7 GLYCERYL COCOATE • TOTAROL • TRIETHANOLAMINE • GREEN 3 • SODIUM CITRATE • YELLOW 5 • DIPOTASSIUM GLYCYRRHIZATE • CAPRYLOYL SALICYLIC ACID • EPERUA FALCATA BARK EXTRACT • DEXTRIN • FRAGRANCE

on 4/13/2017 6:37:00 PM

This strong cleanser took out my blackheads but also really dried out my sensitive skin, even if I only used it in my problem areas. I used up the bottle and replaced it with a more sensitive yet as effective product (Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Facial Wash).

This is a great cleanser for oily and combo skin. It smells good although its fresh grass-like smell is not too strong. It cleanses well, leaves the skin feeling refreshed without that tight post-wash feeling. It can dry normal skin a bit but moisturizer quickly fixes that. It does help minimize breakouts but I have not noticed a big difference in my skin with or without it.
PROS:
- Acne fighting ingredients
- Helps minimize redness
- Smells good
- Skin feels fresh after wash
CONS:
- May dry skin if used too often
- Did not clear my skin up on its own

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have a sensitive and acne-prone skin. Once gave it a try since it was one of the most favorite best-sellers in town. But it didn't work well for me.
Having a very strong fragnance for my sensitive skin, it made my skin dry and irritated badly, then a few break-outs came right after. The toner in the Normaderm set is also another disaster, a lot of alcohol is too harsh for me. However Normaderm tri active hydrating cream is a good moisturizer w plesant smell, it controls oil well.
I am sure not to rebuy this cleanser.

on 6/17/2016 5:25:00 PM

This is my holy grail I used it for a couple of years 5 years ago then had to cheap out for a few years used some other cheap stuff (boire) all while breaking out badly almost daily was trying to connect the dots on why my skin was so nice 5 years ago finally coming to the conclusion it might be this so i threw out the cheap stuff bought this eight months ago skins finally a lot better almost acne free with odd breakout if I put foundation on !!!! Not doing that ever again as for the dry skin others are mentioning I use some Shea Butter right after this and have not noticed dry skin

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This does a great job of removing makeup, has a light pleasant fragrance, and leaves skin feeling clean, however it is far too harsh and drying for my skin type.

I would give this a pass unless you are very oily and not sensitive.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This gel formula feels similar to Neutrogena oil-free wash, but with only .5% salicylic acid rather than the standard 2% present in most salicylic-based acne washes. It has a "high end" feel with a pleasant texture and great smell (slightly citrusy). At almost $20 for under 7 oz, it's on the expensive side, however, and .5% of salicylic acid is not going to be enough to help anyone suffering from major acne issues. I personally need more targeted treatment, so I would would not purchase this again. This product seems fine for a segment of people with minor or only occasional acne issues who want something that is a bit more gentle and high end than drug store options.

on 1/18/2016 5:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

$7 on clearance at TJ Maxx. Every Jan/Feb my skin gets all funky & drab & dry & oily & wacked out if I'm in cold weather. This works well to dry out that annual mid-winter break out. My usual save-me-from-my-break-out products aren't working this year. Enter: Vichy.
It has .5% salicylic acid, which usually CAUSES me to break out. After 3 uses, this is really working. It's definitely drying (after 4 uses my nose was peeling), so I'm doubling up on moisturizer, and exfoliating daily to get the dead skin cells away. Also using moisturizing masks. Now it's fine.

I have combo, acne prone Mediterranean skin that responds well to frequent changes in cleansers, and this one will stay in my rotation. It smells fresh, lathers up well, comes in a pump bottle, and rinses off well...leaves my skin feeling a bit tight and clean. I also use Alba Botanica Hawaiian Pineapple Enzyme Cleanser - love it!

I wouldn't use this daily if I weren't breaking out. It can be used just on areas with acne to avoid drying out the entire face.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Dried out my acne prone Skin out so badly!!! I switched to Paula's Choice gentle resist cleansers and the CeraVe cleanser and my skin got a 100 times better!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

So my mom bought this for me because my blemishes got worse but she didn't ask if it was good for dry skin, and it's not. It leaves my skin very dry and tight after I wash it with this product plus i'm pretty sure that this product made me break out. I don't know about other people but this is my experience with it.

on 4/29/2015 5:25:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Incredible product it's a godsend having battled acne as a teenager this is the only product which keeps it at bay. I noticed my pores appear smaller and skin feels and looks so soft. I advise those with dry or combination skin to stay clear of this product it's not for everyone. I have to say I love it