Vichy Normaderm Deep Cleansing Gel

Vichy Normaderm Deep Cleansing Gel

3.3

ACTIVE INGREDIENT………….PURPOSE SALICYLIC ACID 0.5%............ ACNE TREATMENT INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: WATER • SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE • PEG-200 HYDROGENATED GLYCERYL PALMATE • DECYL GLUCOSIDE • GLYCERIN • PEG-120 METHYL GLUCOSE DIOLEATE • PEG-7 GLYCERYL COCOATE • TOTAROL • TRIETHANOLAMINE • GREEN 3 • SODIUM CITRATE • YELLOW 5 • DIPOTASSIUM GLYCYRRHIZATE • CAPRYLOYL SALICYLIC ACID • EPERUA FALCATA BARK EXTRACT • DEXTRIN • FRAGRANCE

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have a sensitive and acne-prone skin. Once gave it a try since it was one of the most favorite best-sellers in town. But it didn't work well for me.
Having a very strong fragnance for my sensitive skin, it made my skin dry and irritated badly, then a few break-outs came right after. The toner in the Normaderm set is also another disaster, a lot of alcohol is too harsh for me. However Normaderm tri active hydrating cream is a good moisturizer w plesant smell, it controls oil well.
I am sure not to rebuy this cleanser.

on 6/17/2016 5:25:00 PM

This is my holy grail I used it for a couple of years 5 years ago then had to cheap out for a few years used some other cheap stuff (boire) all while breaking out badly almost daily was trying to connect the dots on why my skin was so nice 5 years ago finally coming to the conclusion it might be this so i threw out the cheap stuff bought this eight months ago skins finally a lot better almost acne free with odd breakout if I put foundation on !!!! Not doing that ever again as for the dry skin others are mentioning I use some Shea Butter right after this and have not noticed dry skin

To Read all 198 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This does a great job of removing makeup, has a light pleasant fragrance, and leaves skin feeling clean, however it is far too harsh and drying for my skin type.

I would give this a pass unless you are very oily and not sensitive.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This definitely isn't for people with dry skin, but if you're slightly oily or acne prone this may be worth a try. The effect is similar to Neutrogena oil-free but with a more "high end," less slimy texture and the smell is much better as well (slightly citrusy). I got a 6.7 oz bottle on Amazon for $18 and it lasted about 3 months, so it's a little on the expensive side. I wouldn't say it cleared up my acne but it kept it from getting worse, which is rare for me.

on 1/18/2016 5:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

$7 on clearance at TJ Maxx. Every Jan/Feb my skin gets all funky & drab & dry & oily & wacked out if I'm in cold weather. This works well to dry out that annual mid-winter break out. My usual save-me-from-my-break-out products aren't working this year. Enter: Vichy.
It has .5% salicylic acid, which usually CAUSES me to break out. After 3 uses, this is really working. It's definitely drying (after 4 uses my nose was peeling), so I'm doubling up on moisturizer, and exfoliating daily to get the dead skin cells away. Also using moisturizing masks. Now it's fine.

I have combo, acne prone Mediterranean skin that responds well to frequent changes in cleansers, and this one will stay in my rotation. It smells fresh, lathers up well, comes in a pump bottle, and rinses off well...leaves my skin feeling a bit tight and clean. I also use Alba Botanica Hawaiian Pineapple Enzyme Cleanser - love it!

I wouldn't use this daily if I weren't breaking out. It can be used just on areas with acne to avoid drying out the entire face.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Dried out my acne prone Skin out so badly!!! I switched to Paula's Choice gentle resist cleansers and the CeraVe cleanser and my skin got a 100 times better!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

So my mom bought this for me because my blemishes got worse but she didn't ask if it was good for dry skin, and it's not. It leaves my skin very dry and tight after I wash it with this product plus i'm pretty sure that this product made me break out. I don't know about other people but this is my experience with it.

on 4/29/2015 5:25:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Incredible product it's a godsend having battled acne as a teenager this is the only product which keeps it at bay. I noticed my pores appear smaller and skin feels and looks so soft. I advise those with dry or combination skin to stay clear of this product it's not for everyone. I have to say I love it

on 1/14/2015 12:48:00 PM

This is probably the worst cleanser I have ever used. I have sensitive combination skin, have breakouts on my chest and shoulders. At shoppers drug mart, the sales woman raved about this product, she said it was the best one that they carried. My mother is a huge fan of Vichy products, so I thought I'd give it a try. I paid like 25CAD for this which I thought was a bit much but maybe it was worth it.
So I used it for about a week and oh my god. My pimples were worse than before! I used it as a face wash for my relatively clear skin, I was covered in pimples! It didn't do anything for my chest and shoulders except make it worse.
I will never buy this product again, for the price I expexted a lot better. Don't waste your money! I'll stick with clean and clear or clearasil any day!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've been using this cleanser on and off for a few years now. I wouldn't say its my favourite cleanser EVER but I usually keep a bottle for when my skin is going through a breakout or acne phase. I find that using this for a week or two will clear my skin right up! Love the vichy line and this product does what it claims to do and clears up my skin. Will continue to repurcahse whenever I run out, and keep as a backup for those suprise breakout times.