Avene extremely gentle cleanser

Avene  extremely gentle cleanser
Avene Extremely Gentle Cleanser

3.7

AVČNE THERMAL SPRING WATER, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, SERINE, CETRIMONIUM BROMIDE, COCO-GLUCOSIDE, DIPOTASSIUM PHOSPHATE, DISODIUM EDTA, DISODIUM PHOSPHATE, o-PHENYLPHENOL, SODIUM CETEARYL SULFATE, WATER.

on 3/29/2017 4:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I have tried EVERYTHING - Clinique, Kiehl’s, Clarins, Estee Lauder, Philosophy, Neutrogena, Origins, Mario Badescu, La Roche-Posay, Nuxe, Vichy, Bobbi Brown, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Murad, Aesop, Dermalogica, Cetaphil… all product lines, from liquid, milk, oil and bar cleansers… wasted SO much $$$… everything seemed to break me out and irritate my super sensitive, combination skin.

This is the only cleanser that my skin can tolerate. Cleans extremely well without stripping or drying my skin out. It even takes off makeup (however, I use an eye makeup remover). I prefer to apply on damp skin and wash off with water. Followed with Avene Thermal Spray my skin is just soft, soothed and glowing. Super love!

UPDATE: This broke me out, too. :( I now use La Roche Posay Micellar Water Gel which works WONDERS.

on 3/18/2017 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I'm currently on my second bottle. It was very hard for me to find a good cleanser that my skin could tolerate. So far so good with that one.

I was struggling to find a cleanser that would NOT irritate my skin and that would not trigger my rosacea skin. I can use this morning and night, it's soothing, it leaves my skin fresh afterwards and never irritates problem areas of my face. I either use it with a wet cotton ball or rinse it off in the shower.

1 bottle will last you quite a long time. However, it is not the MOST efficient make up remover and it comes to foundation. I can also use it without any problem on my eyelids (with a cotton ball). No more eye burning! So if you are looking into a extremely gentle cleanser, this is a very good product.

I forgot to mention - this product has NO FRAGRANCE. Thank god. You don't want any perfumes/fragrances in your products if you have intolerant skin.

on 12/1/2016 10:27:00 PM

Due to my usage of tretenoin, my skin becomes sensitive. Harsh cleansers breaks me out.

This is the only one that saved me. It's very gentle; now pimple is a thing of the past.

Though, this does not cleanse well when I'm wearing heavy make up. I suggest a double cleanse if that's the case.

on 11/12/2016 2:35:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have repurchased this several times and use it twice daily. It is so gentle, doesn't irritate my mild rosacea OR MAKE ME BREAKOUT. But, the biggest plus for me is that it doesn't leave a film - unlike the La Roche Toleriane Dermo Cleanser or the Cerave Hydrating Cleanser (both lotion cleansers similar in price). I tend to buy when it's on sale, paying €9 ish for a 200ml bottle. I find that using so many actives in my serums and treatments, that my skin thanks me for a gentle cleanser.

on 10/27/2016 8:35:00 AM

Lovely milky cleanser which I use occasionally when removing makeup from a night out. i apply generously and remove using cotton wool pads, gentle enough to use round my eyes too. Its very effective removing makeup but does leave a residue which is easily removed when using my toner, I like elemis apricot toner.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

The only reason I give this product 4 stars is because of how gentle the cleanser is, it has no ingredients which irritate my rosacea which is hard to find as most cleansers make my skin flare up. It's a nice texture and makes your skin feel smooth, however, I do feel as though I have to use baby wipes to get my make up off beforehand as the cleanser on its own simply isn't enough to wipe all make up off and it isn't great for cleaning eye make up.
I wouldn't buy again only because it's quite expensive for what it is and I'd like to try other brands and see what works best for my skin.
I would only purchase this if you have very very sensitive skin like me.

on 9/13/2016 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

To start off, my skin is not very easy to work with: sensitive, oily combination. My main concern is clogged pores / large visible pores. I don't have bad skin but it can definitely be improved on.

This is currently my HG cleanser. I've gone through about 10 of these. I use it in the following manner: pour about a 50pence size onto my palm, gently massage it onto my face, clean it off using a cotton pad. I follow it up with my Caudelie grape water mist and my CeRaVe PM moisturizer.

Pros:
As the name suggests, it is extremely gentle for my skin
No tacky fragrance
Leaves the face feeling clean, not dry
Soothes my redness
Relieves any irritation

Cons:
The price (i know this is pretty cheap compared to other cosmetics but imagine a bottle a month... it adds up)
Packaging (I'd love a pump instead of this odd 'squeeze the bottle' packaging)
May dry you out (if you have really dry skin, I'd give this a pass)
Not wonderful as a makeup remover

Personally, every time I try out new products and they don't work out for me or cause a breakout.. I come back to this cleanser to return my skin to its original state. Since I have sensitive skin, at the end of the day, due to the horrid weather here (insanely hot and humid with pollution) my skin feels very warm and irritated. When I use this cleanser on my skin it literally feels like a breathe of air after being underwater for months. It's so soothing, gentle and just a pleasure.

However, this is NOT the product for removing makeup. It's expensive and it's such a waste of product to remove makeup using this cleanser. I currently use Bioderma's sensibio H2O to remove makeup then follow it up with this cleanser. It has a much more sensible price ;) and gets the job done better.

I did not read reviews before purchasing this product so I'm actually surprised at the number of mixed reviews this has. I definitely recommend this for oily combination skin types. I also strongly encourage users to not use this as a makeup remover but as a daily cleanser. Finally, I also recommend this cleanser if you wish to clear up anything from your skincare escapade.

on 9/9/2016 12:24:00 PM

This only works if you are not the type of person who wears make up wether a little or too much. And you still need to use a toner afterward to make sure that what so ever dirt is removed so you don't end up with clog pores and pimples. People with extremely sensitive skin I suggest using la roch posay (lipikar) it is soap free. My dermatologist prescribed this for me when skin was going through a rough time. It cleans well and doesn't irritate.

on 9/4/2016 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have incredibly sensitive skin, most products leave me with allergic reactions and dermatitis, which means I usually have to resort back to Cetaphil - which doesn't clean my skin properly and leads to acne. Avene Extrememly Gently Cleanser is the best thing I've tried, zero reactions, cleanses properly, doesn't strip my skin of natural oils and leaves it feeling clean, soft, hydrated and non irritated. Highly recommend for people with problem, allergy prone skin. Will never use anything else now.

Have used this for about 6 weeks now and only just realised that this has aggravated my skin and caused tiny little bumps under my skin I thought it may have been something else I was using but I'm sure that this the cause!!! Rather upset as I thought this would help my very sensitive breakout prone skin :( :( :(