3.7

$24.00 on Skinstore
Shop Now

Reviews

9 years ago

This is one of the best cleansers I have used. For once it did not irritate my skin. I have extremely sensitive skin which is also dry but it worked really well for me. Cons: It doesn't remove makeup :( also the size of the cleanser is big so I hoped it could last me a long time but I realised it expires only after 6 months so i always end up throwing it before it finishes :(

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Dark, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

EyesBrown

9 years ago

I use this in the morning, in the winter and when my skin feels a little bit dry and patchy. It does not remove makeup, but gets your face clean. No squeaky clean feeling, but no residue either. And my skin looks supple, even-toned, glowing and fresh after using this. This makes my face matte and prepped for makeup. I have yet to find the perfect Avene moisturizer for daytime, but in the meantime I use Cicalfate or Decleor Hydrafloral mask as a moisturizer. So far I've just tried Clean-ac, but that's not moisturizing enough for me, even though it does not break my skin out. None of the Avene products are, and my skin is pretty acne prone! PS! If you like the concept of this more than you like the actual product, I will recommend trying Clinique Comforting Cream cleanser. This is my HG cleanser of all time!

About reviewer (180 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairRed, Relaxed, Fine

EyesGreen

9 years ago

Oh Avene, how I love you. Had I met you years past, I would not have appreciated your gentleness, inability to foam and odd texture on my face. But now, after fighting with product after product, I've come to realize how perfect you are for me. I cannot commit to just Avene, I alternate with my L'uvalla Hydrating Milk Cleanser, but after seeing the beauty in gentle cleansers (thanks to my milk cleanser) I can now fully appreciate this product. I was hesitant to purchase because of the SLS, but received high regards from the SC board. So I bought this in a fit of desperation and recently began incorporating it into my routine. It's relatively gentle, I don't feel like I have a layer of moisturizer on (like with a milk cleanser, which can be good or bad). I have found using less is more, as it can leave my skin feeling a tad dry if I use more than a dime-sized amount. After less luck with their cold-cream bar soap (way too drying), this was more gentle. It would be good for sensitive skin as it doesn't leave behind a film that can bother any one with intolerant skin. If I use more than a dime/nickel sized amount, it does leave my skin feeling drier than I'd like. This would be an ideal cleanser for anyone sensitive, combo skin--I am not certain I'd recommend for truly dry skin, as it may not be moisturizing enough. I rinse off with water so I cannot attest to pro's/cons of water (or no water). In truth, it wasn't the barely a trace of cleansing I was looking for and I cannot comprehend how anyone could leave this on their skin without feeling tight and dry or just filmy, but it was gentle enough. The tiniest amount will work, so don't overdo it (like I have and ended up with drier skin). When using the smallest amount, it's lovely. Not certain how it removes MU, I don't wear a base, but I can see just using a touch more and giving it more time to do it's thing could increase it's cleansing ability exponentially.

About reviewer (295 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

2.0

9 years ago

Did not take off my makeup, I couldnt believe how much makeup was on my cottonball after using a toner, it left a residue on my skin as well.

About reviewer (492 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

9 years ago

If you have dry skin you MUST try this. The fact that I can leave out one or two daily washes with water in my skincare routine has worked wonders for my dry skin. I realise now that all that water played a significant role in the state of my skin. When I use this it's much better, flexible and plump. My skin is sensitive and confused (dry AND acne-prone) and I love to use this for my daily cleansing. I do use a makeup remover first when I'm wearing makeup, though. It has never irritated my skin, the price is reasonable and it's extremely versatile. Love it! Highly recommended!

About reviewer (128 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

9 years ago

I like this cleanser. It is quite gentle, I do rinse with water though if I do double cleanse. I LOVE this as a makeup remover. Its the only one that does not irritated my eyelids! I either remover makeup with this then cleanse with it thereafter and rinse with water or just use it as my makeup remover followed by another cleanser. Def HG!

About reviewer (61 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

2.0

9 years ago

Like many here, I made the mistake of buying this before looking at the ingredients. This is supposed to be very gentle yet contains SLS, I dont find it super irritating, so it would probably be fine for tougher skin but it is a bit too irritating for my sensitive skin and this is a product that sells itself as extremely gentle!!! It gave me some irritation around my mouth and whiteheads so I would not buy it again. This is not for super sensitive skin: I prefer avene's eau micellar which is very gentle and much gentler than this rubbish! Waste of money for over all face.

About reviewer (74 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlack

EyesHazel

9 years ago

I have very sensitive skin, acne prone with redness and dry patches. After breaking out badly from using a Loreal cleansing product, I decided to try Avene. It did remove my make-up completely and my skin was happy with it. I liked it because you don't need to use water which is never good for sensitive skin, but my problem is that you need to use quite a bit of product and cotton, and it's rather time consuming (too much when you have a baby!). So I've switched to oil cleansers, they work in seconds and your skin doesn't feel dry.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

EyesHazel

9 years ago

I can’t praise this cleanser highly enough. This was the first product I tried from Avene and it prompted me to purchase everything else in their line. It has a very light and almost watery texture, pearly white colour and smooth consistency. The bottle has a flip lid which I found quit easy to handle and not messy which I liked. It’s also clear so you can see exactly how much product is left. I really liked this because it didn’t irritate my sensitive skin, which so many other products tend to do, and I could use it on my eyes too. I liked that it was very gentle yet still removed the majority of my makeup as well and didn’t leave my skin with that tight and dry feeling, just very smooth and calm. It also contains very minimal ingredients which I’ve rarely found in a cleanser and makes it great for everyday use. For some reason I tend to go through this quite quickly, I run out in about 3-4 months, but I think this has more to do with how much I personally use than anything with the product itself. The only, and very minor, drawback for me was the smell which isn’t strong but is still very chemically and plastic-y. I think this is due to there being no added fragrance which is one of the reasons it is so gentle, but some might not like it.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

10 years ago

I bought this cleanser when my skin broke into rash probably due to the hot weather. this doesn't feel much like a cleanser at all, it is absolutely and totally soap free. Fragrance free too. In other words, it felt like water + a light formula cream that somehow cleanses the skin very gently. I remove it with damp cotton pad, however i find that it's rather wasteful to do that on a daily routine. So, i remove the excess with water. Doesn't leave my skin tight or anything like that. Instead, it sorta 'invisibly' coats my skin with a layer of emolient, doesn't make it dry or tight. I follow up with the Avene Thermal Water, and it leaves my skin soothed and calm. I would recommend this to people with sensitive or normal skin. Gentle enough to use, however, if you apply make-up you DEFINITELY need a seperate make-up remover. This wouldn't be for you either, if you have oily skin. Overall, this is probably the most gentle cleanser I've every used, and would repurchase it again.

About reviewer (297 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium