3.7

$24.00 on Skinstore
Shop Now

Reviews

11 years ago

My skin likes to freak out really bad (super super sensitive dry skin , flakes, redness, itchy skin ..) especially in winter but with this but with this it's no big deal anymore, absolutly love it !!! It clean's my skin completly, even takes of the Clinique Lash Power Mascara (should comme of only with warm water). Love it !!!

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinVery Dry

HairBrown

12 years ago

Great stuff - does exactly what the name suggests: "Gentle cleanser. No rinse, tissue-off forumla. Fragrance-free. Sensitive and irritated skin." <p> That's it. Takes off sunscreen, a little makeup (usually a dusting of arrowroot powder + blush), and the usual grime. I wouldn't make any promises for anything heavier, and I'm still removing eye make-up with oil first. So it doesn't replace, say, pre-cleansing with oil. But the Extremely Gentle is a good (and more economical) alternative to wipes, on those evenings when one can't quite get around to washing the face properly. <p> Slightly gloopy gelatinous liquid. As another reviewer so perspicaciously remarked, it's snot-like. I apply it with finger-tips, then apply some more to a cotton-wool pad and use that to wipe off the freshly-liberated grot. Although it can be used just on its own without rinsing, I do usually splash face with water afterwards. Our local tap-water comes from mountain springs and is very good, though - in hard-water areas maybe use mineral or filtered water. Then moisturiser. Then bed and sleep. <p> Costs about EUR 10.00 - 12.00 for 200 ml. Well worth it - after all, that's the cost of two packs of decent-quality face-wipes. Looks like my bottle will be lasting 6 months, based on 1/3 used in 2 months. Like other Avene and Pierre Fabre group products, not tested on animals. No fragrance, colouring, parabens, or oil (personally not bothered about oil - love mineral, for ex. - but worth knowing if this is an issue). <p> INGREDIENTS: Avene thermal spring water, cetearyl alcohol, o-phenyl-phenol, cetrimonium bromide, decyl glucoside, disodium edta, sodium cetearyl sulfate, sodium lauryl sulfate, water.

About reviewer (442 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

from

12 years ago

I love this cleanser ! I have sensitive, dry, redness and blemish prone skin!! I have been using Extremely Gentle Cleanser for over two years now. It took some time getting technique right, but now it really works for me. I gently massage this product on my face & eyes. It melts mascara while I do this. I use slightly damp cotton pad (If too wet it doesn't work and when dry it just doesn't clean) and wipe the make-up off - even my EL double wear! ( tho it doesn't shift waterproof mascara at all) My skin feels clean and smooth, no irritation at all (first cleanser ever not to sting). I still rinse my face with water afterwards and couple of times per week I deep clean with Dr Hauschka cleansing cream. Fab thing about this cleanser is that it's perfect traveling companion and best friend when camping, so easy to use and not messy at all !! My skin feels clean and my XXL pores are not clogged at all. I first thought that I would need something more agressive to keep my face blemish free, but found this to be just right. £7.50 is Vok price for 200 ml & it lasts for ages. Bottle is quite big but I bought small bottle with dispenser pump and keep that refilled. Definutely my fave !

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

1.0

12 years ago

First night I used this I went to bed and woke up in the middle of the night sweating! I was burning up...I thought nothing of it and again washed my face with it in the morning...and my face was on fire all day! I quickly washed my face with something else to get it off and the burning stopped. This is supposed to be extremely gentle? I don't think so!

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination

2.0

12 years ago

Extremely gentle yet it contains SLS! Boo. This is in my washbag as a spare. Cleaned my skin but I prefer the Clinique anti redness cleanser. I can only buy Avene from Boots online.

About reviewer (58 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

from

12 years ago

I've been through around 7 botttles of this product already. it's really good. the cleansing power is not that great but it is really soothing and comfortable to use. i use it after i have removed my make-up with cleansing oil during the afternoons to get rid of the oily residue. it is good how it doesnt dry my face out because i wash my face once more in the evening before i sleep (but not with this cleanser).

About reviewer (48 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

3.0

12 years ago

Ideally, this is a great product for sensitive and reactive skin. My skin is very clog-prone, acne-prone, and dry and I bought this because of all the good reviews here, hoping that it would calm down my skin and not dry it out even more.....however I was extremely disappointed. Its consistency is very similar to Cetaphil or LRP's Dermo cleanser, except it feels like it's a bit more whipped. I only used this as a morning cleanser (b/c I wear mu and ss and didn't think this would be effective taking them off at night)....basically rubbed it on and wiped off gently with a cotton pad. But it didn't feel good at all. Made my skin feel filmy and actually kind of tight (which is strange because it's supposed to be great for dry skin). After a few weeks of using it, I wasn't getting that "clean skin" feeling and just couldn't stand it anymore. It didn't improve my skin's condition at all, so it is no longer part of my regimen.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Other

HairBlack

12 years ago

Creamy and ideal for my dry skin. Not pricey, easy to rinse off, leaves a nice soft feel and does not strip the skin. Not fancy or anything, but very good for an everyday moisturizing cleanser that does the job it is supposed to. Will buy again, but will also buy other products.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair

12 years ago

This cleanser works wonders on my skin. I do wash it off (not wiping away the excess as suggested), but it leaves my skin extremely soft and does not irritate. The film that is left behind doesn't even bother me, and usually I can't stand these types of products, but my face feels clean and refreshed.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesHazel

12 years ago

wonderful wonderful wonderful product. I have extremely dry and sensitive skin, and I've tried everything from Clarins to Clinique but everything was irritating my skin. until I found avene!!!!!!! perfect line for extremely dry and sensitive skin. I now use their moisturiser, cleanser and night moisturiser as well as their foundation. my skin is now smooth, clear of irritation and eczema. I absolutely recommend their whole range and I will always use it cause it's the perfect one for me. just loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium