3.8

price range

Reviews

1.0

a year ago

I was 10 when I first developed acne my mother told me to use this I have oily/combination sensitive acne prone skin , and this is a terrible soap for me. It made my face more oily and I developed cystic acne. Plus stop telling kids who develop teenage acne to use this at least tell them to use aveeno soap or a cleansing gel this is terrible for acne prone people especially teenage acne. This also does not help with my body acne either.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium Brown

2 years ago

Love Ivory! I have hypersensitive skin & Ivory is the only bar soap that doesn't dry out my skin or cause it to be red. Dove for sensitive skin does just the same (& most typically recommended for my kind of skin) but is so much more expensive & gets soft & runs out way too fast. For the price, what it does for my skin & how long this lasts Ivory is a great choice for me. A lot of reviewers complain about a fragrance in this but I haven't noticed a scent at all. I used to use the liquid body wash version of this but found this is more economical as well.

About reviewer (418 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

This is so far the best soap I ever ever used on my face is so health and great for the face I would recommend this if u have acne and pores also if u get pimples a lot.finally this is a very good soap to the face and body ,for dry skin,and for weak skin

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry, Fair

2 years ago

I’ve been using Ivory since I was a child. I never had acne during puberty like the other kids. I never would of known it was the soap unless I had stopped using it when I got older basically because I hated the way the smell reminded me of my Mom. I started breaking out and for years couldn’t figure it out. After spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars on products for acne I decided to try and see if it was good ol Ivory that had my face so clear when I was a kid. Well immediately my face started to clear up and I’m happy to say that my acne is gone 100% and well although the smell is the same I can deal with it. Especially since spending a lot of money doesn’t mean clear skin!! This 54 year old would like to Thank you Ivory!

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

1.0
from

2 years ago

Nothing special just your regular drying bar of soap! Use to use this all the time as a kid in the bath ???????? I have bought it every now & then when it was on sale for use in the shower ???? but won't anymore Bc it's just really drying on the skin of my body & the fragrance bothers me!

About reviewer (236 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal

HairBlack

EyesBlack

3.0

2 years ago

Ivory soap dries out my skin. I have sensitive skin and I find the scent too irritating. I only Use L’occitane shower oil and dr bronners Castile soap which keep my skin hydrated and emollient

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlack

EyesBlue

2 years ago

I've switched from Dove to Ivory. It smells so fresh and keeps my face clear without drying it out. A lot of people have said it is drying but I don't find it any more drying than Dove. My face broke out one day after using a different soap and I used Ivory that night and woke up without any acne. At $1 for 3 bars, this is a great bargain !!!

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

3.0

3 years ago

Im trying out ivory and ivory with aloe and so far the regular ivory dries my face and leaves red patches on my cheeks but for my body its good i like how it lathers and has a clean feel. I like the ivory with aloe even more for my body. I get very itchy and ivory with aloe calmed that issue for me. I haven't used that one on my face yet though. I used to use olay bar soap for my face it was good but drying so now im trying out kirks castile soap and ivory for my face and so far kirks castile is winning. Both are drying but ivory dries my face more and kirks lathers with ease so face wise its kirks and body wise i think ill go stock up on ivory because its something about the bars that i like maybe the light airiness and the rich lather in the shower idk but it is a soap i overlooked all these years but its cheap price wise and good quality.

About reviewer (58 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium

3 years ago

I really like this soap. I've been using it for a year and switched to this because Cetaphil made my skin flake. I looked like I had dandruff on my face, but now my skin is back to normal. Ivory is cheap and I find that it cleanses my skin very well.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

4 years ago

I used for many years switched to Dove last year now going back to Ivory my skin on my face feels horrible now and Ivory did not do that at all. Great product for my 69 yr old face. Never switching again.

Age56 & Over