3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

9 years ago

Though I am a skin care junkie and tend to try many different products-this really has surprised me! I likey! I still have slightly acne prone areas and dry combo skin-yes they never say to use soap on your face but honestly this is great and effective-it literally helps my acne disappear. Esp in summer when you get those little sweat pimple things on your forehead-this totally helps get rid of those! I just went to derm and she recommened LRP and I use the moisturizer but at night I use the Ivory soap and it really takes everything off, makeup, sweat oil-yes you get a taut feeling but its nothing moisturizer cant fix-if your skin is acne prone,give this a try! Its literally like $1.00 so its not a huge investment! Who would have thought??

About reviewer (130 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGreen

9 years ago

I usually use Dove, but the last time I bought soap I decided to go with Ivory (with aloe) because it was in sale and massively cheaper. I have been very pleased. The smell is faint but pleasant, and I have not found it too drying. I do use cold cream on my face and tissue it off before using Ivory on my face, but the Ivory is really working for me.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

9 years ago

This is for the body wash formula. Gentle enough to use on my face and shave my legs, this is a great product. Husband even uses it and says it doesn't break him out or make him sneeze. Good stuff.

About reviewer (180 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other, Cool

HairRed, Straight, Fine

9 years ago

I have to admit, when I was younger I hated absolutely everything about this soap. I've tried so many different products and just not 'loving' anything, so on a whim and for .97 for three bars I thought I'd try it again. I'm loving this!!! I use it for face and body. It's just...clean! I guess I'm tired of being 'overscented' from body wash, shampoo, mists, deodorants, creams, perfume...blah blah blah. I also do not find this to be drying. I'm in the minority here, but sticking with this until it proves me wrong!

About reviewer (28 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

9 years ago

I can relate to all of you MUA Ivory present and former user friends! Dislilkes are yeah when you wash your face and or body with it, it leaves your skin dry and body with a taut not clean feeling. My like of Ivory soap is that I love the soap only for my very personal cleanining areas it works wonders. Cleans well and it "destroys" or "kills" odor bacteria!!! It leaves me clean, freshly light scent clean!!!! That is the only purpose for my use of Ivory soap but everyones body chemistry is different hense different results.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

9 years ago

I love this soap. When I use it I never EVER break out.I have acne prone skin (been an acne sufferer since I was 9) and when I started to use this, my skin REALLY cleared up. Prior to this, I was using generic scented soaps on my face (Palmolive, Camay, Lux, whatever). Now of course, I use facial soap on my face but I always find myself going back to this. It's the best. I also find that it takes off my makeup a lot better than Cetaphil which I detest with a passion. I don't understand how it can be sooo drying for other people. But maybe it's because I have the oiliest skin in the planet and this soap helps balance everything. I also have super sensitive skin so since Ivory is mild, it really does a good job. I also love the smell. :)

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

2.0

9 years ago

I love the smell of Ivory. It reminds me of my grandmother. But on my skin? Made me dry as a cactus. It is wintertime though so it could be different in the warmer months. I ended up switching to another soap (the new Dial one) but had a few bars of Ivory left that I stuck in my laundry room. The upside of this is that it's dirt cheap.

About reviewer (103 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

3.0

9 years ago

*This is for the liquid hand cleanser.* My eye doctor recommends this for contact wearers, because it is "gentle". And yes, it doesn't irritate my eyes, nor my eczema-prone hands. That is wonderful, however it still has fragrance in it, which I could do without. And my goodness, it makes my hands feel like reptilian! I'm going to try Method Fragrance & Free or Dr. Bronners and will let you know how that goes. PS: I must say, the refill bottles are great, and a good deal. Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance, DMDM Hydantoin, Tetrasodium EDTA. "This mild, liquid hand cleanser offers the trusted cleansing of Ivory in the convenience of a pump. Ivory Liqui-Gel uses the pure, Ivory-fresh formula to wash away dirt and bacteria, yet remains gentle enough even for your face. Designer pumps and an easy refill option offer beauty as well as convenience throughout your home." - From www.ivory.com

About reviewer (37 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

1.0
from

9 years ago

Ugh. I had to review this after reading the latest Ivory Soap review. It brought to mind one of my worst childhood memories: My mother would literally wash my mouth out with this soap when I got cheeky or said a "naughty" word. I'm not kidding--although it didn't help much because I have a vocabulary that would put the toughest sailor to shame! I can still taste this awful soap--and what's worse--I would actually make my mother more angry by blowing bubbles out of my mouth..that is how "soapy" and strong this Ivory soap is! As far as drying the skin--it is pretty much a tie between Ivory and Dove (which by the way my mother did NOT wash my mouth out with her beloved Dove soap!) Hmmm on second thought maybe if I buy some Ivory soap and use it on my face, it'll tighten it so much that I won't need a face lift any time in the future. I'm amazed that Ivory soap is still around. There must be a lot of naughty kids with mothers like mine!

About reviewer (211 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Cool

HairBlack, Curly, Coarse

EyesHazel

3.0

9 years ago

We used this in my home when I was a child. Apparently, as a kid, I had no idea that dry, tight skin was not something to be proud of. I used this for years without complaining. When I was able to buy soap for myself, I tried Caress and Dove. Love those! Then shower gels were introduced, and I haven't looked back.

About reviewer (717 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure