Estee Lauder Double Matte Oil-Control Pressed Powder

3.7

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I've had oily skin all my life. In fact, I'm sure I'll be shiny lying in my coffin. One good thing from oily skin is that I don't have many wrinkles = )

Oh yeah, back to the powder. Double Matte Oil Control pressed powder is good for me; it dispels shine for a decent number of hours (3-4), it does not turn orangey, the powder looks natural and does not look cakey after repeated applications. It's a large compact so you get a lot of product and the mirror is correspondingly big. I had some photos done recently and I look nice and matte with this powder on. It also gives some "grip" to my eyeliner, and lipliner too. Both hold their lines better.

I'm tired of hunting for the "perfect" mattifying compact. I'm happy with this compact.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Expensive and didn't last long enough for me. I got translucent to set over cc cream and mufe matte velvet +, Estée Lauder double wear light and none of them last more than 2-3 hrs. And my face was a yucky mess, with other powder my nose was just shiny but somehow with this one everything sink in the pores and blotchy....I don't know. Back it goes!!!!

To Read all 76 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I tried this powder with my double wear foundation. I liked it to set my foundation. It kept my oily skin somewhat in control. But I don't see a huge difference when I don't wear it so I returned it. Plus its too expensive.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Didn't like this product at all! Sadly after using this for sometime my skin started to breakout and really hurt! I am now treating cystic acne that I believe was caused by this. Will not purchase another Estee Lauder product bar Lipliner in fig!!

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Beautiful packaging, beautiful color match but an absolute fail at controlling oil. If they were to rectify this problem, I wouldn't hesitate to repurchase. In the meantime, I'll use my Ben Nye Mojave Pressed powder. It's barebones (no mirror, boring packaging) but it rocks at controlling oil and matches my skin tone perfectly.

LOVE THIS POWDER! I wear it with the Double Wear Camouflage Foundation, and this stuff STAYS ON! It's very light, has light to medium coverage. Doesn't cake. Doesn't break me out, and I have EXTREMELY sensitive, acne prone skin. I've been in 100 degree Texas heat, riding horses in this stuff, and it didnt budge! Love this product!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have extremely oily skin. With using primer and oil free moisturizer, it made my oil worst. The brown didn't fit my undertone well either, made me look taupe/corpse brown.

Extremely drying and didn't even control oil like at all

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this pressed powder since 1998! A true HG! A must for oily skin gals!!

I use color Light/Medium and it lasts all day! Does not look cakey, gives a great matte finish! I will always use this as long as they keep selling it. MY HG!

I am not sure how many of these I have purchased but I LOVE this product. I have probably purchased around 5 to 6. This powder does not get cakey, shimmery or anything. Can be used for touchups throughout the day without looking cakey which is a huge thing for me.

I don't normally buy alot of Estee Lauder products but this one I cannot live without.

I normally buy the transparent. I really, really like this product. Great matte powder which does not accentuate any lines. It is not cheap but lasts a VERY long time. Six months or more sometimes. I only use this for touchups during the day but cannot say how great this is.