4.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

12 years ago

I actually discovered this by accident, I was searching for a lotion that smelled decent and lasted 24 hours. I opened the small bottle of this to smell it and managed to squirt a huge glob of it onto myself unintentionally, so I figured what the hell and rubbed it on my hands. I walked down the next aisle and could not stop feeling the skin on my hands - it was the softest I'd ever felt, so smooth. Didn't even feel like my skin. I have oily skin, but I work in food service so my hands are always dry after work from washing so often. I was so impressed I went back and bought a bottle. I like how it smells, like oranges or orange peels. Very nice. Also I looked at the ingredients and found it does not contain any parabens, which is what I was looking for in a long lasting lotion as well.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

12 years ago

An AMAZING product that I have used for years. Now, though, I have discovered the Neutrogena Sesame Oil that works JUST AS GOOD. The difference? I don't have to wrestle with the bottle like I did with my Curel when there was just a little lotion at the bottom. More bang for my buck, I suppose.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

13 years ago

This stuff is great. All my friends who live in desert climates recommend this lotion, if that says anything. It's gotten much more expensive in the last year or two. 5 years ago I could find the big bottle for around $5. Now it's at least $9 or $10. Still, it lasts my husband and I several months.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily

13 years ago

I gather from some of the other reviews that the Curel lotions in the current packaging are a different formulation than the old ones. I wouldn't know, because my family bought a bunch of the old ones in the big bottles so we're still working on those. They also have the old packaging ones at big lots, although there's probably not nearly as much in stock now as when it was first changed. Anyway...about the product. I really like this. I've had very dry skin my entire life and think I've tried just about every lotion on the market. I like that this is a simple product yet works so well. The texture is a little off-putting at first because it feels like it's greasy but it really isn't...that texture just helps the lotion spread really well and it sinks in quickly too. Leaves skin feeling moisturized but not greasy. The only think I'm not thrilled with is the smell, which is orangey (makes sense - has orange oil) but I can deal with it because it doesn't linger. It's a nice product and a real lifesaver in the winter!

About reviewer (15 reviews)

HairBlond

2.0

13 years ago

I don't get it. Plenty of people here say it moisturizes well or is even too greasy, but I feel like it isn't moisturizing enough. I love how easily it goes on and how quickly it soaks in, but after it does soak in, my skin feels smooth but dry, not moisturized at all. I have been searching for a "nighttime" body lotion (something extra heavy to wear to bed), but this definitely isn't it.

About reviewer (33 reviews)

Age

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

13 years ago

This is the only cream that worked for me while on Accutane. Great product. It moisturizes very well. A little bit sticky when you put it, but that goes away in a minute. Fragance free. Definetely repurchase even when i finished Accutane.

About reviewer (251 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

13 years ago

I have been using this on my 8 year old daughter since it became available on the market. She has sensitive eczema prone skin, and this is the only lotion that keeps her skin from looking scaly. I use it on myself as well. I especially love that it does not have an overpowering scent to it- some fragrance-free lotions can still carry a strange odor.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age30-35

HairBlond

13 years ago

This stuff is HG for me. Works super well and keeps your skin so soft and moist. I even use this as an eye creme in the morning as a prep for my eyemakeup since the skin around my eyes are very dry and flaky at times. i wont use this all over my skin for fear of breakouts, but it says you can if you wanted to. LOVE IT

About reviewer (78 reviews)

HairBrown

13 years ago

I have really dry legs. I have tried nearly every lotion out there, including Aveno, Nivea, Bath and Body, Olay, Jergens, etc. This version of Curel is the only thing that keeps me from wanting to take a cheese grater to my legs. Its a tad pricey, but it works.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinOily

HairBrown

13 years ago

I bought this yesterday while shopping for lotion. I have severely winter dry, itchy skin and have tried everything to heal my skin. Eucerin, Aveeno, Olay, you name it, it wasn't helping the dryness of the itch which was now causing me intense pain. I heard Curel was good, well, I heard raves about continuous comfort so decided to give this a shot. The lotion itself is fairly light, with a very nice creamsicle smell that fades quickly. It did the job of moisurizing my skin pretty well. No greasy feeling left behind, though if you use too much it takes a while to absorb. I would buy again.

About reviewer (63 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral