Yves Saint Laurent Instant Pur Toning and Cleansing Water

4.5

on 5/31/2007 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

This cleanser do nothing for my skin. It didn't remove makeup and was not soothing. And I hate the smell! Will not buy again!

on 1/17/2012 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I got a sample of this from Sephora and its a pretty good product. It removes makeup and dirt. I have been using it at night, and when I wake up in the morning I do notice a kind of sticky feeling that I have to rinse off, but it does cleanse and tone well besides this.

on 12/23/2006 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this. I don't see how it could work as as a cleanser by itself but as a toner it is light and refreshing. It seems to remove leftover residue of makeup without stripping the skin. I have even used it to remove eye makeup and it didn't sting at all.

on 4/30/2006 4:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got a 2.5 fl.oz/75 ml of this one as a GWP with my last YSL haul.I was suspicious about this because I usually find this kind of 'all over facial cleansers' a bit 'ineffective' in a way that they don't cleanse eye make completely.Well this product is the best among its competitors.But there are times that this fails to remove my eye makeup completely as well.That's why I gave this 4 lippies.BTW,I like the rosy scent and the non-oily feeling I got after using this.I would buy a full size when the price is right to bring this with me to my vacations.

on 11/9/2004 10:17:00 PM

WOW! This stuff is amazing, although this is suppose to be used as a remover, I use this as a toner and I do notice a diffrence with my pores. I don't usually use toner but the way this stuff works on my MA ( he's been using this for 20 years).

Great Stuff, great scent, would buy again.

Cost: $56 CAD from Holts

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I have been using YSL, Dior etc 3-in-1 cleanser/toners many years now. I like how fast I can take off make up and refresh without water. Less tab water, less drying. It doesn't take off heavy make up, but I don't use heavy make up everyday. Gel cleanser when taking a shower, but this one for example when I come home late and want to go to sleep and using water wakes me up too much.

on 5/21/2008 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think this will be a great life-long product for me. It smells pleasant and allows me to take off my makeup at night plus clean my face at the same time. I appreciate this because I don't like using washcloths. (To prevent using them I also wash my face in my morning shower).

However this product is very expensive for something I use so often. When I went through a bottle in one week I decided I needed to scale back. So first I take my makeup off with water and then use this cleanser to really get it all off and clean out my pores.

on 12/10/2007 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I totally agree with the people here who said this wasn't a very good cleanser, because really it isn't, especially for removing mascara......BUT if you don't have a ton of makeup to remove, this works excellent for a quick semi- cleanse. I absolutley love the scent of this! It smells identical to the YSL Intense Nourishing Creme that I used to use. This works as an excellent toner, sadly though I won't use it before or after my YSL Gommage because I love the way the gommage feels on my face, and I don't want to wash any of it away. I also love the packaging and the pump- very convenient and leads to little or no waste. I originally got this in a GWP in a smaller size and immediately fell in love with it. Now whenever I buy the larger size, I always refill my smaller size for travel. I swear I wish YSL made a perfume in this scent, it would be my HG perfume. I have also fiound that it is not drying like many toners are, as I rely heavily on moisturizers to soothe my dry skin. This is an excellent buy and something I hope will be around for a very long time.

on 10/31/2007 3:10:00 PM

I have been using Yves Saint Laurent mascara again (in the burgundy color which is absolutely stunning) and I really needed a good cleanser to remove mascara and purchased this item based on the fabulous reviews but quite frankly as a makeup remover it SUCKS lol ----- does not do a great job of removing mascara HOWEVER as a toner it is awesome. I have never been a toner person, but started using this a few weeks ago solely as a toner and cleanser in the a.m. and it goes well with my moisturizer ---- my face has been looking really good ------ no pores, skin glows and I believe that it is due to this item and the Crema Nera by Armani.

I've been using this as a toner for about 1.5 years and i LOVE it. I use it at night after using a good cleanser and it takes off all my eye makup and face residue so the pad is left 'dirty'. I think the mild scent is luxurious but simple and I couldn't ask for a better 'value' considering how much you get for $35!

It's a treat to use and look at.