MAC Makeup Remover Wipes

MAC Makeup Remover Wipes
MAC makeup removal wipes

3.4

water, cyclomethicone, isohexadecane, hexlene glycol, isopropyl palmitate, methyl glucose sesquistearate bio-compatible, arginine, disodium EDTA, fragrance, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, isopropylparaben, pobutylparaben, butylparaben, sorbic acid.

on 4/1/2017 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

These are great makeup remover wipes. Very large in size - seems to be 20% larger than drugstore brands like Neutrogena, soft but most important, it removes all your make up easily with minimal tugging.

Two tips for all these towelettes:
-I find I only need 1/2 of the wipe to remove my make up - clearly lasts twice as long
-I place mine in an light, inexpensive storage container with airtight seal

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

WOW THESE ARE AMAZING. They remove EVERYTHING so quickly and easily. Every single wipe I've ever tried leaves my face red and irritated, and these don't!!

on 3/12/2017 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Terribly irritates my eyes and under-eyes. It creates a burning sensation and makes my eyes watery. It's good for removing makeup on the outer face perimeter, but I'd avoid getting it close to the under-eyes. It's also has too much fragrance in it. If you want to try these, I'd suggest getting the travel size pack (30 sheets), or just avoid these entirely. I won't be repurchasing.

on 11/29/2015 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I don't have sensitive skin but used these in store when the Mac SA got carried away and my skin was very irritated after using. Would not purchase.

on 11/29/2015 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

first time and last time i had this product on my face was at a mac counter in a duty free shop in barcelona airport. the only reason i went here was only to try the lipstick Twig (i ended up not buying it btw) anyway i asked the SA for a makeup remover because tissue couldnt remove the lipstick completely. then she handed me this wipe, without further thinking i wiped the lipstick off of my lips thjnking this is just a regular wipes. note: i never had any problem with other makeup wipes. after that i went to have some coffee and during that time my lips felt uncomfortable. but i shrugged it off thinking it was just my lips acting up. the day after it got worse and i kept applying my lipbalm thinking it would fix everything. it didnt, at that point i realized and remembered that it was the wipes. Now its been 3 days since that day and my lips and the area around my lips are as dry as sahara and i feel burning sensation. ive never had a SINGLE allergic or any reaction to makeup or skincare products before other than a bit acne here and there. i was like 'what is this thing??!"

I've used these wipes for 10+ years. Not only are they a gentle and effective makeup remover, they're also nice for freshening up in hot weather. If they made a perfume from their scent, I would buy that, too!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

These wipes are very saturated and remove a full face of makeup effortlessly without irritating my sensitive skin. However, I believe they are oil based as they leave my face slick and greasy and I have to wash it immidiately after use.

on 4/1/2015 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

My skin is sensitive to a lot of cosmetic products and MAC is one of the brands that my skin is able to tolerate. I was at a MAC store and the lady helping me out to balance my concealer/studio fix powder gave me these wipes to take off my makeup. The moment it touched my skin, it started burning! I thought it was just "okay" until I saw my face in the mirror, My problem areas turned angry red! My face started to swell up especially along my nose are and my eyes were turning red. 2 days after that, those reddened areas became blisters! My doctor says it's a bad case of chemical burn. I am still in so much pain. I still love the other products but these wipes are comparable to battery acid!

on 12/11/2014 5:10:00 AM

Let me start off by saying, I am not one to dislike a product and then go out of my way to write a negative review on it. This product was the devil to my skin. Let me tell you first about my skin (incase you can relate) I have semi sensitive, combination-oily skin. the first thing that bothered me about these wipes was the strong scent of roses that the wipes left on my face (and I mean STRONG), then it was the awful burning that I felt and the redness that appeared minutes later where these wipes had touched my skin. Seriously, it's been 3 days since I tried them and my face and particularly my eye lids are so dried and any gentle cleanser or cream (nonscented and gentle too) I pat on my face stings in those areas. When I touch my face it hurts as if I had really burned it.. and my skin is not THIS sensitive. The toner in those wipes are so harsh and I cannot believe anyone would use this daily for their skin. My skin is hurting ladies... please beware.

on 8/31/2014 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I generally don't buy things like makeup wipes from high end brands for two reasons - most wipes are terrible and don't really remove the stubborn makeup like liner and mascara and makeup wipes from almost any high end line are stupid expensive. Despite this rule, I bought these wipes from MAC because they work really, really well.

These past few months, I've been stocking up on MAC eye shadows because frankly, they're the best around. When I went to the MAC counter at Macy's a few month ago, the SA was helping me pick out some shadows and offered to show me how the colors would look. She put some of the Painterly Paint Pot on one of my eyes as a base and it looked simply awful as it is far too light for me. She applied other shadows as well but Painterly stood out especially since she only made up one eye! I almost forgot that I was walking around with one eye made up until I passed a mirror right by the register and saw how I looked. The MAC SA gave me one of these wipes to remove the 75 different shadows she applied to my one eye (yes, I did buy them all!) and I immediately shuddered inside. Makeup wipes and I have a tumtulous history. I love them in theory because they supposedly make removing makeup a breeze but I've rarely found this to be true. Most will easily remove foundation but forget about liner and mascara. I used it anyway as I didn't have a choice and was delighted to see it actually removed the various shadows and didn't leave my eye area too dry or too oily. I decided to get them then and there.

While I do like these wipes quite a bit, I don't use them daily and I usually wash my face after using them. I generally use them when I have a full face of makeup and want to quickly remove it a few hours before I wash my face. The past few weeks however, I used them to remove my makeup and ended up falling asleep before I could wash my face. I fully expected to wake up with a monster zit but I've had no breakouts with these at all. That's nothing short of a miracle! I'm not sure what these are made from but they're strong enough to remove even waterproof mascara and the toughest liner without leaving your entire face feeling like an oil slick or super dry.

Some reviewers have complained about the smell but I actually like it. Yes, they are heavily perfumed and the scent tends to linger, but I find the scent quite pleasant. I wouldn't wear it as a perfume or anything but it's not a sickly floral that gets annoying. I think the scent leans more toward men's cologne. It reminds me of a bit of Cool Water which just about every boy I went to high school wore in the 1990s. If you're scent sensitive, you may want to avoid these. The only real downside to me is the price. I bought the bulk size (100 wipes) for $30. That's pretty pricey, especially if you use these daily, but that works out to about a wipe a day for three months at about $10 a month. That's on par with a drug store cleanser so in the long run, it's not that expensive but the price is still a bit jarring. The packaging is decent enough. I wasn't terribly confident with the plastic snap lid as it doesn't appear to really lock but it seemingly works well enough to keep all the wipes moist. The dispenser is also well made as I've yet to pull out ten wipes instead of one which always seems to happen with pop up dispensers.

I would recommend these wipes to anyone who has found that other makeup wipes to be less than thrilling or someone who is lazy and wants a short cut. I think these are good enough to use alone but if you're acne prone, I would follow up with your usual cleansing routine.