4.2

price range

Reviews

1.0

7 years ago

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this before now. This was a miserable product for me! Sure, it prevented lipstick from bleeding but this gave me acne ON my lips. I'm talking bumps that resembled cold sores. I stopped using the product and they went away. Some months later I decided to give it a go again. I sharpened and sanitized with alcohol, but again, same reaction. Perhaps I was allergic to an ingredient, I don't know, but I will steer clear of this product now that I know.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination

HairBlack

EyesGreen

7 years ago

For me, this is a miracle product! I used to avoid wearing lipstick/lip color, because it would inevitably bleed and wear off. However, a co-worker introduced me to DuWop Reverse Lipliner, and I have worn lipstick and lip color with confidence ever since. I circle my lips 3 times with the pencil, and sometimes use it to fill in/prep my lips. The lipstick stays put and I barely have to reapply. I will definitely be repurchasing, because this product is worth every penny.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Coarse

EyesBlue

7 years ago

I don't know why women are putting this ON their lips... the whole point is to divert the lipstick away. This is a true innovation and IMO a makeup MIRACLE!!! I have been an on-off smoker for 20 years (I'm only 33 - you do the math), currently off thankfully, but have some deep vertical lines around the mouth. I LOVE dark and/or bright lip color. I've been getting a lot of bleeding even faithfully using my PTR Un-wrinkle Lip (another goody - i haven't had dry lips in 3 winters). Not with this! As the directions say, I line around my lip a few times, going UP against gravity (hey ya never know what'll help day after day) - I also don't understand why women are complaining of the thick pencil when the point is to create a barrier where the lipstick WON'T go - I want that to be a thick line. I swear you can even more sloppily put on your lipstick with this b/c it won't go into the waxy zone where the reverse lip liner is. A MUST-HAVE for dark and bright colors - lipstick and gloss! Well, a must-have if you have a certain type of skin and are over 30...

About reviewer (387 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Tan, Warm

HairOther, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

3.0

9 years ago

I'm not sure about this product. I think it does help to stop lipstick bleeding into those fine lines around the mouth, especially important when wearing a nice red lipstick. But I do find there is a tendency for it to leave a chalky residue which isn't a good look either!

About reviewer (359 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

EyesGreen

9 years ago

Works well as a lip liner. But in a pinch I tried it as a brow grooming product. Worked great for me. Tames everything, whether you use powder-pencil or not. Not shiny and sticky like clear mascara. Mostly use it for brows now.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrown

10 years ago

coolest packaging, think i lost it, anne came over, on the outer corner, kept from smudging, came with sharpener, might have gave it to my mom. where is it? expensive, got from sephora, case good for travel

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

from

10 years ago

This actually works. I put on with a red lipstick and it made it stay where I put it. Made my lipstick look precise, flawless and made my lips look younger because of it!

About reviewer (60 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

EyesBlack

10 years ago

this is such a great MU innovation! it works really well and makes perfect lipstick application so much easier, esp. when you are trying to do a perfect red lip. i really like it, but it's not really necessary. it's kinda like that cool thing that makes things easier, but sometimes you forget you have it and you can actually just do without it by just being more careful and/or using reg lipliner well. its more for mistakes. not a must-have... but def a cool find.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

3.0

10 years ago

honestly i forget i have this item sometimes. shows how important it is to me. i only remember to use it when doing really intricate makeup. honestly you can keep your lips from bleeding by good application and makeup choice than relying on a quick fix-it like this. but i like the extra precaution. make sure to wash it off as it will clog pores around the lips.

About reviewer (66 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

10 years ago

Cool product... I had never used a reverse liner like this and it certainly does what it is supposed to. I have to agree with a previous reviewer who said the pencil is a bit chunky. On the flip side, I use it on my entire lip as a primer and my lipstick/gloss stays on way longer than it normally would. The only reason I wouldn't purchase this again is that it is a bit pricey for what you get. The pencil wears down fast so I'm having to sharpen after a couple uses.

About reviewer (171 reviews)

Age25-29