3.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

12 years ago

I love this mascara, I just wish it showed up better on my black eyelashes. It looks like just the very tips are blue when I use it, but it still looks nice. I like the staying power, how it doesn't clump, and that it lengthens without drying my lashes out. Plus it's so cheap! I'm a big fan of Great Lash in Very Black as well, and I'm definitely going to buy this again.

About reviewer (307 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

12 years ago

I used to want lots of crazy drama from my mascara, but lately I've preferred a more natural effect. I have very fair lashes, so black looks dramatic. This is a great alternative. It's simple, it adds a little length but not a ton, and best of all the blue tint just enhances my eyes beautifully without going overboard. And the other reviewers are right - you don't notice the brightness of the blue unless you're in bright lighting. I'm already on a second tube and the price is sure right.

About reviewer (355 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

12 years ago

When I was finally allowed to first wear makeup, Great Lash was the first mascara I got to try. I've had an on and off again relationship with it over the years, but I always keep coming back. After all it is a pretty basic mascara that gets the job done :). While I own this is black as well, royal blue is my favorite of the two. The reason for this is the fact that it adds a special little something to my eyes without being too garish. The other reasons I love this mascara are the fact that it's easy to remove, and because it doesn't break the bank.

About reviewer (86 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

12 years ago

I actually kind of like Great Lash, especially in this color. it's a bright blue that is royal blue in the light, even on my black lashes. the formula is a little watery, as Great Lash is prone to be, but it's still fairly easy to apply and gives some length. I'd rebuy, if just for the fun color. the fact that it's like dirt cheap helps.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Other

HairBlack

3.0

12 years ago

I like using blue mascara's sometimes, so I got this a while ago. It wasn't a bad mascara, it got the work done. They wouldn't clump bad, just get a feel for the wand. I wouldn't buy this brand anymore because they test on animals. :(

About reviewer (33 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrunette

from

12 years ago

A very intense blue. A good value mascara, and an interesting alternative to black.

About reviewer (60 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther, Fair

HairBrunette

3.0

12 years ago

wow, i wanted to try out a blue mascara, just for fun and this was bogo at cvs, so i got this one and a clear. this is BLUE! its not a dark navy blue its neon blue, and I have really dark lashes. i would only use this on the tips of my lashes if i was going out at night. the mascara itself is the same great quality, but the color is too much for me.

About reviewer (209 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

from

12 years ago

I just have to do this review in defense of mascaras everywhere - I have never ever used a mascara that DID NOT clump on me if I did not wipe the excess product off of the brush FIRST. This is a big secret??? I read it in every beauty magazine I ever bought, it is the makeup artists trick for clump free lashes, wipe the brush of the excess and apply thin layers. Of course some mascaras work better than others, but it is excess product on the brush that causes clumps. If done right, I find Great Lash to be one of the least clumpy. It doesn't do anything miraculous, but it goes on nicely if you do thin layers. I love the royal blue, but don't wear it during the day, it looks tacky in bright sunlight, especially if you are over 30.

About reviewer (391 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal

HairBlond

1.0

12 years ago

This has an average rating of 4 stars?? That can't be! This crap is just like the black Great Lash, only that it is blue. It clumps, like putting paint on my lashes. It made my long lashes stuck together and stubby. I combed them out and put on 5 more coats and it still looked puny and weak. My lashes looked worse than before I put it on! The blue color is ok, but the formula SUCKS!

About reviewer (477 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

12 years ago

I like this mascara alot! I wish SO MUCH that the brush was different though... :( The formula is great, and it doesn't flake at all. The color it a-maz-ing. I have dark-blond/light brown hair, and this shows up and my lashes well, especially in the sun. I bought it because I wanted a bright blue color, and everything else I looked at was too dark. But this is nice and bright and I get compliments every time I wear it. The brush is a little frustrating... with a little practice I learned to use it. The bristles are just too far apart, and can make your lashes look clumpy if you are not careful. But I don't have to heart to take off a lippy for that.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure