3.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

11 years ago

Well; I knew what the results of the formula would be (lashes still look limp. No volume, length or curl. Also issues with flaking). But the reason I returned to GREAT LASH was because I wanted a blue shade for a fun alternative to my regular mascaras. The product is actually a navy shade; and I had to hold a mirror inches from my face to be able to determine that!! Not what I wanted at all. On the plus side; this mascara is easy to remove and is cheap. Also I didn't find the clumping as bad as some other brands. I suppose if people want something they can wear every other day, then you could do a lot worse then this. But for me it's a no (I recommend traking down Great Lash Denim for a fun blue)...

About reviewer (1458 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Coarse

11 years ago

Great Lash in Royal Blue is pretty much the only mascara I bother with anymore. I have tried many brands over the years and none have impressed me. They all end up doing the same thing. They all clump or make little flakes under my eyes no matter what brand it is. I always use an eyelash comb or gently pinch them after applying any mascara anyway so I don't think this mascara clumps any more than any other brand I have tried. So... I buy Great Lash now because A) it's one of the least expensive mascaras and B) Great Lash is the only brand that consistently carries blue. I use blue because I am fair skinned with very light eyes and black mascara always looks too harsh and fake on me. Some people might think this mascara doesn't give their lashes enough thickness or volume but I personally don't mind that because I don't want to look like I'm wearing false lashes, especially on an everyday basis. I like how the royal blue darkens my lashes just enough where they are more defined for sure, but they are not stark shoe-polish black against the rest of my complexion which is light. Plus, the blue does not stand out like screaming blue eyelashes. You can really only tell it's blue if you're up close in bright sunlight. I also find that I never get raccoon eyes when I use this color... I'm sure this mascara smudges or migrates to under my eyes like the rest of them do, but I NEVER notice it if it is there so, I'll continue to buy this brand and color as long as they make it.

About reviewer (182 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

11 years ago

Great, natural shade of blue. I'm not crazy about the brush, and I have to use a lash comb and a primer for my lashes to look lengthy and full. But the color is just incredible, as I have a hard time finding a decent blue. I'll buy it again.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

from

11 years ago

I really like the color of this mascara. It's a blue that isn't obvious from a distance, but upon a closer inspection you can definitely tell that it is blue. The formula is a bit thin and clumps a little, but a lash comb fixes that. I find it too look very natural(aside from the blue color) looking on the lashes which I like. The wand is perfect for lower lashes. I would consider buying another shade just for that!

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

1.0

11 years ago

I hate this thing im sawaping it on here i only used it once and i hate it and worse of all it was my first Mascara and the sticker is comeing of and god i hate it so much i want to kill it i will never buy this again in my life

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBlack

EyesBrown

1.0

11 years ago

I just got this since I wanted to try a blue mascara after I had that lightyears ago as a teenager. Right away I cleaned one Eye and tried it on. The lashes on my Eye where I still had my black mascara on (something cheap) looked so so much fuller and longer. The blue itself looked nice but it looked as if my lashes have shrunk, barely there. The formula is super thin and didn't do anything with that cheap brush. I used Great Lash in black before and don't remember it that bad. A waste of those few bucks! Maybe I will try it with an old brush from another mascara.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

2.0

11 years ago

I got this stuff in 7th grade, and one girl came up to me and said, "what did you do to your eyes?" Blue is usually a nice color for mascara, but the HORRIBLE applicator and thin formula make this one awful. It gives absolutly NO volume, leaves clumps, flakes off, and groups lashes together(in a bad way). BAD BAD BAD!! Invest in Diorshow if you want some blue mascara.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

11 years ago

I buy a tube of the royal blue off an on to have on hand. The blue is def the best that I found, not too light or too teal. i like to use it over black (since blue doesnt look good on blonde lashes with red hair! but its great with black to give an extra zing.

About reviewer (97 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

11 years ago

As much as I hate the original Great Lash, I actually like the Royal Blue. Did the formula change? Uh, no. Did the crap brush change? Nope. Is it a great, fun color? Bingo. I only use this on the tip of my lashes, once I've applied a quality mascara. It adds a fun bit of color, without being too bright. A good blue for people like me who have dark lashes so the "navy" blues by other companies won't show up. It's dirt cheap, like all GL mascaras. Which is great, because it gives me incentive to buy it, regardless of the crap texture and brush. The packaging is cute and eye-catching. Same pink-and-green as all other GL mascaras, perfect for grabbing feminine attention. I hate the brush, really wish they would come out with something new like all other mascaras.

About reviewer (44 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBrown

from

11 years ago

After wanting Benefit's BadGal blue mascara, I decided to try a drugstore version first. I heard that applying blue mascara just on the tips of lashes (over black mascara) really makes the whites of your eyes seem brighter. I do feel like my eyes look brighter when I brush this mascara on over black. The color isn't too wild for me, but outdoors it does look really cool. It was only $4, so I would definitely get it again because it does what it sets out to. As for formula, I wear a thickening/volumizing mascara underneath so I'm only looking for color with this mascara.

About reviewer (76 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair