3.6

price range

Reviews

2.0

10 years ago

The color doesn't really show up well on my black lashes. I have to build it up quite a bit to have any blue show up at all. By this point, it has completely taken the curl out of my lashes because the formula is pretty watery. The lenghthening and thickening is minimal---it's very natural-looking, so I end up with stick straight, "blah" lashes. I would not repurchase.

About reviewer (54 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

10 years ago

pros: this is a great color for me. it makes my eyes pop and no one can tell it's a blue mascara until they are two feet away from me. the formula for this mascara is great. it never flakes, it doesn't melt all day, and it's easy to take off. the wand is so-so for all lashes, but for the tiny ones in the corners are easy to reach with the small shape and tapering of the brush. plus this is so cheap, it's hard to find any real problem with it. heck, even if this was 10 bucks i would still love it! cons: the shape of the wand makes it a plain mascara. not for volume, not for length, not for curl. verdict: i will continue to buy this because the formula of the mascara can't be beaten for the price. i'll just sub out the wand for the wand of define-a-lash or something.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBrunette

2.0

10 years ago

Finally tried this out last night and had to write a review because this stuff is terrible. The formula is too runny and the wand sucks. It made all my lashes stick together and did not give any additional length or curl. All I could keep asking myself as I was applying was, "Are you serious??" Especially after all the great things I keep hearing. It took several pass throughs with the lash comb for it to even look semi-acceptable (but still whimpy!) Even then, I rushed to remove it, which was pretty easy. The only positive is that the color is very nice and not too obvious. I will hang on to it and maybe use it on tips only. If I ever run out, I will not repurchase. Will probably try the NYX one, instead.

About reviewer (76 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

10 years ago

This is my first maybelline mascara but I actually got it because I wanted a blue mascara & this was the only blue that I saw throughout all the mascaras that I looked at. I wasn't sure about it though but when I got home I tried it out & actually liked it for my first colored mascara, it wasn't too overpowering or extreme & it didn't clump or anything! I think I like it & def will wear it tonight when I go out!!

About reviewer (107 reviews)

SkinNormal, Dark, Warm

HairBrown, Relaxed, Medium

10 years ago

I always have a tube of this one sitting around, as sometimes I like to take a break from black and go blue instead. Royal Blue is a very lovely color and not very dramatic, but it does bring out my blue eyes. This mascara is easy to apply, does not clump, and makes my eyelashes appear longer than they are.

About reviewer (171 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

10 years ago

This is a great intense looking blue. The way I use this product is I usually wiggle the brush along my lash line and comb it out and then layer it with a black mascara (max factor 5000 calorie) which I wiggle on the mid to ends of my lashes and comb out. The comb instantly makes the white of my eyes look brighter which makes me look more awake. I haven't really tried other blue mascaras out there yet but for the price I'd buy this again. ** Note, on its own it sucks as a mascara, the formulation is way to watery and it gets everywhere.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBlack

EyesBlack

3.0

10 years ago

This and NYC's are the only widely available drugstore blue mascaras that show up noticeably blue, as far as I'm aware. The Maybelline one is not so bright that the shy can't wear it, but people have noticed and commented on it when they're standing close to me. So I think the color strikes a good balance. But the application is, as Great Lash is infamous for, awful. I don't find the quality of the mascara itself bad, but the brush bristles are so far apart that you end up with lashes stuck together and mascara clumps on your lashes. But since it's the best of the few affordable blue mascaras and I like to use it at the tips of my lashes, I've bought it a few times.

About reviewer (38 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

11 years ago

I love this mascara! I used to have it and never really got into it, ended up giving it to my little sister. Then, years later, I was lemming for a blue mascara and decided to try this again. It just requires several coats, then the results are awesome! Even on my dark lashes. It doesn't provide drastic volume or length, but the color is drama enough, and it doesn't clump or flake! I highly recommend!

About reviewer (60 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

EyesGreen

3.0

11 years ago

The only reason I bought this is because it was BOGO Free at work, so, I picked up a clear one I needed for my brows and I picked up the Royal Blue just to play with it. I was fantastically surprised that the blue was as light as it was. I expected it to be a black blue, but I like this. I know everyone hates the formula and hates the brush, but for a cheap blue mascara, this certainly does the trick.

About reviewer (171 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

11 years ago

I have very straight lashes so this prouduct does not keep my curl in my lashes but it also doesn't super glue my lashes to my eyelash curler when I recurl it. That is a nono with most mascaras but for some reason this one is pretty ok when recurling. It's a really smooth and creamy formula with no clumps and the color is a truly bright royal blue. The color pay off is great. You can't see the color too much under a lightbulb but in natural light, the color is very visible. For a blue mascara for only $5, this is def. a steal. If you want a brighter color payoff and something to hold your curled lashes then I suggest wearing a waterproof mascara base under it (like Shiseido mascara base or Kate mascara base). If you don't have the money just use another waterproof mascara underneath but the color comes out looking navy blue and not bright blue. Pretty good product and it's really fun to play around with.

About reviewer (99 reviews)

AgeUnder 18