Clean & Clear Morning Burst Facial Cleanser

Clean & Clear Morning Burst Facial Cleanser
Morning Burst Facial CleanserMorning Burst Facial CleanserMorning Burst Facial Cleanser

3.2

Water, Acrylates Copolymer, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Sodium Hydroxide, Menthyl Lactate, Methylparaben, Cellulose, Disodium EDTA (Lactose), Menthol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Methylcellulose, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Citrus Grandis Fruit Extract (Grapefruit), Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Zingiber Officinale Root Extract (Ginger), Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Mica, Talc, Triethyl Citrate, Iron Oxides

This is probably one of the most overrated acne washes on the market - I remember back in the day the commercials was everywhere which really hyped it up. Rather than targeting acne-causing bacteria this cleanser strips the skin of ALL oils - keep in mind I was 14 when I used and it was STILL too strong for my hormonal skin. It removes oil without having any actual pimple-fighting ingredients, rendering it useless. I agree with another Makeup Alley Reviewer who described the feeling after using it as "Tightening" - the weirdest sensation. I listened to my gut and didn't repurchase. Bottom line OVERHYPED DON'T BUY

on 10/6/2017 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Let me start off by saying that I used this product for years and LOVED it!! I loved the smell, the texture, the price, everything! I would buy bottles in bulk to save money because I knew I'd use them. Every once in a while I'd stray and try a new product, only to come crawling back. This cleanser was liquid gold! It made my skin feel squeaky clean! If I was breaking out, I'd leave it on a little longer in the shower to let it really work its magic.

The thing is, as soon as I got out of the shower, my skin felt tight. So tight that it hurt. But I thought that was normal and I'd just slather on a moisturizer to relieve the tightness. Within minutes my nose and forehead would be shiny with oil, and I thought that was just how my skin was. I didn't realize that the cleanser was overdrying my skin, which would then overproduce oil to compensate.

Moral of the story - squeaky clean, tight skin is not happy skin! I wish someone had told me this a long, long time ago.

on 8/19/2017 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I don't recommend this product since it contains an irritating dose of menthol and the menthol derivative menthyl lactate which makes this product tingle on the skin. It may feel nice, but its not healthy for the skin. I will not repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is truly terrible--it doesnt cleanse clean at all, and it isnt good if you have acne because it doesnt clean the oil. If you want a good drugstore cleanser that clears skin and is really nice and gentle, use the Clearasil daily face wash, its amazing!

on 6/8/2017 1:43:00 PM

This product I use every morning to clean my face since my face is both acne prone and oily and needs to be cleaned two times daily. I love the price and the packaging and the effect it had on my skin. I would have given it a five out of 5 if only it got rid of my acne. It doesn't do that but it keeps my oil down while not drying it out. Highly recommend!!!

I would actually give this product a rating of 3.5.

I really like the scent and the cool feeling on the face.

This product can be a bit confusing, there are days where it would work and days where it wouldn't do its job. This product really helped me when I break out. It's able to do its job, I notice after a few days or a week, my pimples would fade away. However, this product makes my face really dry. The sides of my lips would be so dry and red and trust me it doesn't look attractive! Of course, if you having dry face would mean that more oils would have to be produced, making me break out even more. It's like a whole cycle. I breakout, then my face would be fine, then it dries out, then I breakout again and so on.

Before, every time I run out of this product, I would buy it again. I used this product for 2 years I think. I only stopped using this product somewhere around June 2016. Now that I found a different facial wash (Cetaphil), I don't think I'll be repurchasing this facial wash again.

Skin: Other, Olive, Neutral

This was my daughters cleanser and so I thought I would give it a try with my Michael Todd SoniClear brush. I has a nice refreshing menthol like sensation on the skin. Didn't cause break outs or irritation. But my only grip about the product was that for the love of pete don't let this stuff get near your eyes! Talk about the stinging! Perhaps the next time I will not use this without a sonic brush or use it below the eye area, but really minty things near eyes are not good.

This cleanser is great! Recently I broke out and was in need of a facial cleanser that would help treat it. I love Clean and Clear so when I saw this I immediately bought it. Over night I saw amazing results. 4 of the 6 breakouts I had had the previous day were gone. I would definitely repurchase this. It also smells great!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I bought this product as my skin was playing up for some unknown reason, and I had developed a few pimples. Clean and Clear products are renowned for fighting spots, and this product definitely helped calm down my troubled skin. A small amount of this cleanser goes a long way. Slightly more than a pea size amount is enough for my whole face. The cleanser lathers up well, and while I don't find the bursting beads in it to be particularly exfoliating, they add a nice touch to the product. No residue is left on my skin after rinsing, and my skin is not left dry, red or irritated. The smell is subtle, nothing special and while the bursting beads help to wake you up in the morning, they are nothing revolutionary. However, this is a nice cleanser which does the job well and it is reasonably priced. It has helped fix my troubled skin, so I would recommend it to others who have a few pimples popping up.

The smell din't bug me at all . This product felt amazing on my skin. At first i was only applying it sometimes and I noticed my face especially my chin was getting really dry. I decided to use it daily anyways along with the night cleanser it came with. Ive used it for a month and 2 weeks now and my face is now full of dark spots especially around my chin. Very noticeable too. Also the far sides of my nose were left very irritated. I would never use this again !!! Not even makeup can cover these dark spotsI hate it !