NYX Black

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Mica, Diisostearyl Malate, Talc, Mineral Oil, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Butylparaben. May Contain: Polymethyl Methacrylate, Methylparaben, Zinc Stearate, CI 19140 Yellow 5 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 16035 (Red 40 Lake)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Pretty decent for the price, with excellent pigmentation!

For some reason this works as an excellent "outline" for my winged liner. Having slightly downturned outer eye corners I've always found it tricky (and time consuming) to get perfect winged liner. This helps me get perfect shape every time - 'draft' your liner with this using an angled eyeliner brush, then perfect it with your liquid liner of choice.

My only complaint is the fallout. It's not severe, but it can get REALLY annoying having black specks on my cheeks all day. It's what prevents me from using this on a daily basis :(

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Blacker than most black shadows I've owned, the NYX Black shadow has a dry sooty texture that is FANTASTIC to set eyeliner, fill in an uneven hairline and blend into a smokey eye. But there is fallout, which means the black specks are harder to dust away.
My solution has been to use a stiffer brush so the shadow doesn't dust all over the place and to apply with a little more care. For such a well priced, hard working black, it's worth the little effort.

To Read all 194 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Terrible.
This eyeshadow is very messy and, If you accidentally touch it, It is VERY hard to clean off.
Even If I used a makeup remover wipe, the product was all over the place.
Since this eyeshadow is actually dark grey, you must brush over with more product several times in order to make it black. This causes the eyeshadow to rub off and land on your cheekbones which is normal. However, the amount of product that falls off is ridiculous.
Also, I bought the single eyeshadow and the packaging is no bueno. The clear top broke IN MY BAG and spilled all over my stuff.

TL;DR: This eyeshadow is very hard to blend and VERY messy.
After seeing all the good reviews, I realize I MAY have gotten a bad batch.
However, I will not be buying this again after having this terrible experience.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the best black eyeshadow ever! I've used from cheap to expensive brand and they all come of as dark gray, but never true black; and I really need true black; you see my main use for the eyeshadow is a setting powder for my eyeliner on the waterline. So with this eyeshadow you will get intense color and for a great price. In general NYX eyeshadows are very pigmented and lasting, they are a great buy. But when it comes to black, NYX is the only brand that counts!

I love most of NYX products, their always great quality products and i really enjoy their eye shadows very much. It's the perfect black shadow, it's VERY pigmented and it stays on so well and applies very smoothly! A++ Product !

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

great stuff! more pigmented than UD Perversion & Mac Carbon for 1/3 of the price!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Already tons of reviews so I don't need to reiterate what has already been said. Definitely one of the most pigmented "black" black eye shadows out there. Smooth and easy to work with but use a light hand! If you're in need of a black, this is your baby.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really love gel liner, but it tends to smudge on me if I don't set it with a black eyeshadow. I have matte black shadows in palettes, but I wanted a single eyeshadow to take with me in my makeup bag. I finally found the NYX Black shadow at some random Korean store, so I got it. It's so pigmented and dark, just like my Urban Decay shadow in Creep. For only a few dollars, it's just as good as my higher end black eyeshadows, so I would definitely recommend!

It's a pigmented eyeshadow, lasts a long time, however it's creases and goes under my eyes. :/ overall it's like a 3.5 ish kind of eyeshadow. I prefer my wet n wild matte black shadow over this one :)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

When I realized ALL my black e/s were sparkly, I ran across this at ULTA and am in love. I had been checking out MAC black shadows but this is exactly what I was looking for. NYX single shadows rarely fail to impress.