MAC Russian Red

MAC Russian Red

4.6

on 11/8/2017 5:43:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Non drying blue red that is very flattery. Nc20nw20 fair asian skin. Its the red i like on my skin if youre looking for a bluetone red this is def one to try out. I use this with cherry mac lipliner. Great staple red to have.

on 10/31/2017 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is an excellent product. It has that classic, old-Hollywood red lip look. I think it goes beautifully with warm undertones.

PRO's:
- long lasting
- intense colour
- does not bleed
- matte look (if you're looking for that)

CON's:
- a little pricey (roughly $17 US)

TIPS: ensure that your lips are hydrated as this can be drying.

I bought this because a saw a young, dark-skinned barista rocking it. I asked her what she was wearing! I'm pale, old(er) and still I thought this might work for me. Alas, although I like the formula it made my lips look like a ghastly gash that cut my face off at the mouth and also bled into the fine lines I didn't know I had. The barista's lips looked bold, juicy, plump. So...if you're white-skinned young and bold or dark-skinned of any age this is EVERYTHING. It truly is a gorgeous color and formula.

on 5/24/2017 7:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've only recently started wearing red lips, but I wish I haven't waited this long. I first bought a d/s l/s so if I don't like it on me I wouldn't have lost a lot of $$$. It was a L'Oreal Blake's red l/s. That one is a cooler, brighter l/s, this one is slightly warmer, I would say neutral, leaning warm l/s. I love both! Russian Red is THE classic red. I think it compliments my olive/neutral light skin and brown hair. The formula is a comfortable matte. I always use lip balm under my l/s', so drying is not an issue for me anyway. I also bought Lady Bug for when I want a less matte look and I must say the color is basically a dupe. Lady Bug requires more attention because of its formula (reapplying, etc.) but I like both.

on 10/17/2017 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

As I much prefer to buy from cruelty free brands I bought the mini version of this for a specific reason: it fit in my clutch handbag. That said, this is the perfect red for my complexion. I adore the formula, the non oxidizing pigment and longevity. I felt the $10 price was a bit steep for the size however given the amazing quality and color payoff the price is irrelevant. Not too cool (blue reds turn purple on me) and not too warm ( no yellow teeth here!) but an amalgam of both. Russian Red is elegant, classic, sexy and perfect for a black tie gala or worn with a crisp white shirt and jeans. Now, if this were cruelty free I'd buy far more.

Skin: Other, Olive, Neutral

I'm not much of a red lipstick person but this was a Ulta beauty steal, and if I was going to get a high end lipstick this had to be it. It's a very neutral leaning red, with the classic feel. It's one of the safer red's for those who adore the nude lipstick. I would say it reminds me of the classy reds they use to wear back in the 50's. The formula stays put so it's wise to take your time putting this on or grab your lip brush. For me this formula did not travel on my lip line, and last a pretty long time. I probably won't repurchase because I may only reach for it on occasion.

I've been doing a personal beauty challenge to wear a red lip daily for 40 days and bought this halfway through to expand my options and because I felt like this was a lipstick I needed to own.

And omg. The first time I put it on. It's like everything I've ever wanted in a red. Not pink, not orange, not too dark, but not too bright. This is makeup wardrobe staple red.

The formula is dry and takes attention to apply BUT once on it doesn't feel like it's going to slide or transfer or smoosh around. It has a nice matte finish that while not moisturizing doesn't feel drying.

I need to always own this.

on 3/26/2017 7:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is my go-to red along with Armani's 400. It's the perfect Hollywood red that suits anybody. Long-lasting and matte, it really is one of the best lipsticks I've ever come across and trust me, that's saying something :) I like to blot and apply it again a few times and I find that I don't have to reapply for the whole night. Make sure your lips are well exfoliated and moisturized. This formula is drying.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:
- Awesome color, universally flattering for cool and warm skin tones
- High pigmentation
- Long lasting

Cons:
- Non smuggle proof
- Very drying (all Mac Lip products are destroying my sensitive lips in two days of wear)

I would not repurchase, but will definitely recommend MAC lipsticks to those who's lips are rarely getting dry.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I normally wear nudes everyday. For Christmas, I pulled out this red and decided to give it a try.

I have pink undertones and was worried about how it would look, but with a simple winged eyeliner, it looked classy and beautiful. A bold, heavily pigmented, pop of color.

If you're a reds girl, you definitely need this one in your collection!