MAC Russian Red

MAC Russian Red

4.6

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Pros:
- Awesome color, universally flattering for cool and warm skin tones
- High pigmentation
- Long lasting

Cons:
- Non smuggle proof
- Very drying (all Mac Lip products are destroying my sensitive lips in two days of wear)

I would not repurchase, but will definitely recommend MAC lipsticks to those who's lips are rarely getting dry.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I normally wear nudes everyday. For Christmas, I pulled out this red and decided to give it a try.

I have pink undertones and was worried about how it would look, but with a simple winged eyeliner, it looked classy and beautiful. A bold, heavily pigmented, pop of color.

If you're a reds girl, you definitely need this one in your collection!

on 1/21/2017 5:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

MAC Russian Red lipstick looked great with my very deep tan that I'd gotten when I went on vaycay 😁

on 1/15/2017 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I am trying to find a lipstick to replace my red one: MAC Opera (Toledo collection). I must say i will never buy limited editions of anything because of this. MAC don't carry Toledo's anymore and it is not permanent.

Russian Red is a comfortable matte to use. The lipstick glides on the lips without tugging and has a great lastig power for me (4-5h). It fades if you eat, but it is not a problem to me because i always remove my lips before eating. It also transfer on me, but leaves a stain behind.

It has a buttery application, although not in the same league as MAC Opera (Toledo Collection) or NARS Cruella.

However I will not buy it again. It is not the lipstick fault, but i feel its final color don't go with me. I am around NC43-NC45 (olive skin) in MAC and my lips have two colors: inferior is mostly a light pink, while the superior is half split into light pink and a medium brown (feature of dark skinned people).

Since Ruby Woo, i stick with blue based lips. Russian red (some say it is blue based) applies too warm to my lips, with a hint of orange to it. No go for me.

But it is a great formulation. I say go for it.

on 12/10/2016 2:23:00 PM

My first red ls. I love it. The sa told me tk try it on. He was so right. I have full lips and very rarely wore bright or bold ls. This one is superb. You do need to have very moisturized lips. You cant skip that. It wears beautifully. It lasts for hours even when you drink coffee and smoke. It doesn t feel drying even though it is a matte ls. I never use lip primer cause I keep my lips moisturized all time

the best red's you can find, gives you a natural flush and lasts too!!
my absolute fav for lips as well as some on the cheeks!

on 8/14/2016 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My favorite red lipstick. A classic true red lipstick that looks beautiful and lasts hours without reapplying. Recommend highly 💋

on 8/9/2016 2:59:00 AM

My Holy Grail red lipstick- this is the color that suits my NC15-25 Asian skin tone the best. I never fail to get compliments when I wear this shade.

It makes my skin glow and my teeth look white, and is probably the best blue based red I've owned. It looks understated, elegant and sexy all at the same time.

It sits comfortably on my lips despite it being matte, and can last well into 6 hours (without eating/ drinking) for me. It is however, not transfer proof which can be a problem if you don't set it well since it can travel to teeth, clothes, outside your lip lines. It's nothing a little lip liner can't fix and is a given anyways, since bright red lips will always require a little bit more maintenance.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

i absolutely love the color. it's a vibrant, sexy red that works with most if not all skin tones and it is highly pigmented. it's fairly long-lasting with primer. that said, it is not smudge or kiss-proof so i would keep that in mind when buying.

on 6/29/2016 11:52:00 AM

+ Best blue toned "dark" red for me.
- Gets into my lines, making them too obvious.
- Too dry and crumbles, how do people ever survive with it on without drying out their lips to death?

All in all, wonderful colour, but will look for a dupe.