Remede sweep

3.7

on 5/30/2014 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have been using this for over 10 years and I love it. My skin is very sensitive and a lot of products cause breakouts and/or acne on me. But this doesn't and I love that it exfoliates but isn't harsh on my skin (even though I use it every day). I use Retin-A, which can leave my skin pretty flaky, so the sweep works really well to get all of that skin off. It's spendy but worth it, IMO.

on 11/2/2013 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Sweep is yet another product I used to see in the Bliss Spa catalogs that I got years ago. Like Nuxe Dry Oil, I've wanted Sweep just because I saw it constantly and people rave about it. Being the cheapskate product junkie that I am, I didn't buy a huge bottle at the full price - I went on eBay and got a medium sized bottle for $20 so I could try it out first.

I generally avoid scrubs because my skin is insane and most make me break out. I obviously need to exfoliate because my skin gets dull and there's something deeply satisfying about scrubbing the dickens out of your face every once in a while but I tend to avoid it because I'd rather have dull skin than deal with the breakouts scrubs inevitably cause. I held off on using Sweep for a bit but I finally decided to take the plunge a few weeks ago. Since I use the Erno Laszlo system, I tried to incorporate it into my routine but I didn't exactly get the full effect. I used the scrub again a few days ago by itself and that made all the difference. My skin was super soft and smooth. I also noticed that the whiteheads on my chin were less noticeable but the blackheads on my nose (which can only be removed for a short period of time with Biore strips) weren't affected at all.

As I've said before, my skin is rather tough so it's difficult for me to rate the harshness of scrubs. Sweep isn't terribly scratchy like St. Ives Apricot Scrub or Clinque's 7 Day Scrub (is that still around?) but I think it gets the job done just as well. It seems gentle enough to for someone with sensitive skin to use because the granules are pretty fine. It also washed away fairly easily.

In my opinion, I can't really see why this is a cult product. It's a decent exfoliater, there's no smell and it seemingly doesn't clog pores but I think this is comparable to a baking soda or oatmeal scrub that you can make at home for a fraction of the price. I'm glad I got it because I have been lemming after it for years but I highly doubt I'll repurchase it unless I find it for a drastically reduced price again (I believe the original price is something like $50 a tube). It's a good product but at this point in my life, I'd rather use a MUAC peel that really gives me visible results but this is a product if you need a quick, deep clean on the fly.

I held off from trying this cult favorite facial scrub for well over 10 years, even though the product junkie inside me really, really wanted to check it out. It just seemed like a ton of hype, and the reviews have always been so mixed. Finding myself at a Bliss spa a few months ago and completely out of any facial exfoliator whatsoever for several weeks, I decided to shell out $50 (!!!) for a tube of Sweep and figured I'd finally give it a go. I've now used the entire tube, and guess what? It's 100% hype. No better than putting baking soda in a milky cleanser. In fact, I think baking soda does a better job of exfoliating. Do not waste your money.

on 1/6/2012 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

So I got it at bliss I was told it's better quality scrub than the pore perfecting polish that I use. It is also more $. Yes it is much gentler and did not make my skin overly dry or turn red but I am not impressed. I have combination skin and blackheads are an issue it did nothing to clear them up.

on 12/17/2011 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

What can I say? This is a Classic. Yes, the formula has changed, and yes, it still delivers flawless, major resurfacing without abrasion. I have used this for many years, and it does major work, for such a simple formulation. I flip-flop with this and the Cosemedicine exfoliant--that is the only thing that comes close to this do it yourself scrub. The product looks like a clay paste. It does smooth everything out! Make sure to moisturize after using this, as it is serious exfoliation. It's not that cheap, but it lasts for maybe 6 months.

on 11/10/2010 5:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used this sample sachet over 2 applications. It is a good mineral / clay exfoliator that is gentle enough. It contains small fine particles which don't feel too harsh and leaves your skin feeling fresh, clean, and bright. I'm not sure how much this costs but I'm sure it's pretty expensive. I may purchase this in the future, depending on the price!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is an easy to use product that does not irritate the face and mild enough to use 2-3X per week. I have been using the product for 1.5 years now and will continue to use it 2-3x per week. I feel that it gives the extra help needed to get raid of dead skin and brighten up the complexion. You can use this in addition to your daily routine. Also, it is not like some exfoliators that scratch or strip the skin.

This can be purchased from Bliss or BlueMercury. Recommend that you get a sample and try before investing.

Enjoy

not sure about this. lately my cheeks have been red and irritated. apparently this cotains pulverized marble? eek! anyways i didnt have sensitve skin but now i do and im afraid its bc of this over priced scrub. im going to try the one by bliss next.

on 6/23/2009 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is a facial scrub that you can use everything. You can really feel the scrubbing effect and yet it is gentle and won't irriate your skin. I love this - I am onto my 2nd bottle already.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

This product helped clear up an attack of clogged pores all over my cheeks and nose. It gently exfoliated without irritation. The price hurts, though. I have been using Neutrogena Deep Clean scrub recently; although I don't like it quite as much as Sweep, it's sufficient for my now much-clearer skin as well as being easier on the wallet. I would certainly be open to purchasing Sweep again in the future, though. I also found I have to be more careful about rinsing this scrub off my face than other scrubs lest it get in my eyes and irritate my contact lenses.

Popular Scrubs