Bath and Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar Body Lotion

Warm Vanilla Sugar Body Lotion

3.8

Bath

on 9/1/2017 9:05:00 AM

Really like the Cream version in the tube! It's my "happy place"!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

love this stuff sent last long

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I smell too much musk in this and I do not understand why there is coconut in this.
I do love vanilla it is one of my favorite scents of all time. But I do not like it so overpowering that it makes your stomach sick or smells too fake.
And I do not want coconut mixed in with my basic vanilla.
I love coconut also but I just want a good, soft and not musky vanilla.

I prefer Victoria's Secret to B&BW a lot or most of the time but there are certain B&BW scents I really love & Warm Vanilla Sugar is 1 I love. I'm a sucker for vanillas in general it's my fave fragrance (The Carpenters u kno the singers, were compared to "vanilla" to which it was replied "but vanilla is such a wonderful flavor" in retort sorry OT but u get the idea that vanilla is generally regarded as wholesome/good/positive), I like my vanillas to be more smoky/boozy/swanky/floozy smelling but this is a wholesome/good/happy scent for daytime every day, or a casual group date, Church, going to the Mall, Sunday family supper etc where you don't want to smell smoky/boozy/like a "dancer" (haha), this is a sweetly pure pristine scent. I cannot resist a vanilla no matter how hard I try! Got this for $3 during a pre-holiday sale. Winning!!

on 11/23/2015 10:36:00 PM

I exchanged this from a different scent in the body cream. This lady I used to work with had some of this in the body lotion and I used it quite a few times but I didn't like it at all. It smelt like mushrooms to me.. (Weird huh) I don't know what it was about it or why but honestly, all I could smell were mushrooms and I didn't like it too much...

But when I got it in the body cream, it didn't smell like mushrooms to me anymore. It smells very nice and it's very light and not overpowering. A lot of the other scents are too strong and hurt my sensitive sinuses but this is great. I constantly smell my hands now. I'm going to exchange my cashmere glow and the sweet pea I have to warm vanilla sugar too... Lol.. I don't really care for the sweet pea although a lot of people rave about it.

I bought a couple of the body creams this past weekend in a $4 sale they had. Amazing deal. They're $14.50 regularly. If you're a newbie to BBW, this is a great starter scent. Oh and I want to say that I got a 3 wick candle in this scent and while it does smell like the lotions, it is a very weak scent and has a terrible throw. I burnt it for like 2 hours then could smell it a little bit. I exchanged it for my trusty marshmallow fireside.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I actually really like this product! it's really moisturizing and the smell isn't too overpowering! the smell is really soothing and not too strong! the scent smells just like the name: "warm vanilla sugar" I'm absolutely in love with this product

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

A staple for the fall winter. A nice creamy vanilla. Nothing too strong.

on 1/19/2015 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I used to love warm vanilla sugar back in 2001...I had the super old bottle of the body spray that was textured and the matching classic lotion. Now they have changed the formula, and it smells like burnt plastic. Bath and Body Works is obviously a store that just can't leave well enough alone. Why mess with a good thing?

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Warm Vanilla Sugar is one of my favourite scents from Bath & Body Works. I bought my bottle for $10.50, but now I see that it's $12.50. This lotion is quite warm—it's an autumn/winter scent & to me, it literally smells like sugar & vanilla bean. Something I really love is that it smells like real sugar cookies & not artificial. It's true & not overly sweet. If you're a vanilla lover like me, you'll be mad about Warm Vanilla Sugar. This isn't overpowering, but I wouldn't wear it every day. The fragrance & moisturizing is actually so nice, I don't need to! My favourite time to wear it is when I get out of the shower at nighttime.

Note: it turns out I have the "old" Warm Vanilla Sugar which explains the price, packaging, & formula; several reviewers prefer the older formula to the newer/changed one

on 7/12/2014 5:25:00 PM

I've been using this stuff on and off since middle school and I still love it. I think pretty much everyone is familiar with this scent -- brown sugar and vanilla, obviously -- so I won't go into too much detail. The scent to me is really warm and cozy and I tend to use this more in the fall/winter months. I like that this is a lotion I can use both before bed and during the day. Some lotions I have are too overpowering to use at night, but I love using this and then crawling into bed. I don't think this smells plastic-y or artificial at all (but I do find that the body mist smells a little off), and I really like that the scent lasts on my skin for several hours.
I love the formula of the B&BW body lotions. My skin really isn't dry at all but I do like to use lotion to make it a little bit softer and smoother. This absorbs pretty quickly and leaves my skin super soft and silky feeling all day. Thicker body lotions and body butters tend to leave me feeling too greasy, so this is perfect for me.
Even though I feel like this scent is super popular and a lot of people wear it, I still get lots of compliments when I have this on. I'll definitely continue to repurchase this lotion!

Popular Lotions / Creams