Bath and Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar Body Lotion

Bath and Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar Body Lotion

3.8

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I smell too much musk in this and I do not understand why there is coconut in this.
I do love vanilla it is one of my favorite scents of all time. But I do not like it so overpowering that it makes your stomach sick or smells too fake.
And I do not want coconut mixed in with my basic vanilla.
I love coconut also but I just want a good, soft and not musky vanilla.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I prefer Victoria's Secret to B&BW a lot or most of the time but there are certain B&BW scents I really love & Warm Vanilla Sugar is 1 I love. I'm a sucker for vanillas in general it's my fave fragrance (The Carpenters u kno the singers, were compared to "vanilla" to which it was replied "but vanilla is such a wonderful flavor" in retort sorry OT but u get the idea that vanilla is generally regarded as wholesome/good/positive), I like my vanillas to be more smoky/boozy/swanky/floozy smelling but this is a wholesome/good/happy scent for daytime every day, or a casual group date, Church, going to the Mall, Sunday family supper etc where you don't want to smell smoky/boozy/like a "dancer" (haha), this is a sweetly pure pristine scent. I cannot resist a vanilla no matter how hard I try! Got this for $3 during a pre-holiday sale. Winning!!

To Read all 286 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/23/2015 10:36:00 PM

I exchanged this from a different scent in the body cream. This lady I used to work with had some of this in the body lotion and I used it quite a few times but I didn't like it at all. It smelt like mushrooms to me.. (Weird huh) I don't know what it was about it or why but honestly, all I could smell were mushrooms and I didn't like it too much...

But when I got it in the body cream, it didn't smell like mushrooms to me anymore. It smells very nice and it's very light and not overpowering. A lot of the other scents are too strong and hurt my sensitive sinuses but this is great. I constantly smell my hands now. I'm going to exchange my cashmere glow and the sweet pea I have to warm vanilla sugar too... Lol.. I don't really care for the sweet pea although a lot of people rave about it.

I bought a couple of the body creams this past weekend in a $4 sale they had. Amazing deal. They're $14.50 regularly. If you're a newbie to BBW, this is a great starter scent. Oh and I want to say that I got a 3 wick candle in this scent and while it does smell like the lotions, it is a very weak scent and has a terrible throw. I burnt it for like 2 hours then could smell it a little bit. I exchanged it for my trusty marshmallow fireside.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I actually really like this product! it's really moisturizing and the smell isn't too overpowering! the smell is really soothing and not too strong! the scent smells just like the name: "warm vanilla sugar" I'm absolutely in love with this product

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

A staple for the fall winter. A nice creamy vanilla. Nothing too strong.

on 1/19/2015 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I used to love warm vanilla sugar back in 2001...I had the super old bottle of the body spray that was textured and the matching classic lotion. Now they have changed the formula, and it smells like burnt plastic. Bath and Body Works is obviously a store that just can't leave well enough alone. Why mess with a good thing?

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Warm Vanilla Sugar is one of my favourite scents from Bath & Body Works. I bought my bottle for $10.50, but now I see that it's $12.50. This lotion is quite warm—it's an autumn/winter scent & to me, it literally smells like sugar & vanilla bean. Something I really love is that it smells like real sugar cookies & not artificial. It's true & not overly sweet. If you're a vanilla lover like me, you'll be mad about Warm Vanilla Sugar. This isn't overpowering, but I wouldn't wear it every day. The fragrance & moisturizing is actually so nice, I don't need to! My favourite time to wear it is when I get out of the shower at nighttime.

Note: it turns out I have the "old" Warm Vanilla Sugar which explains the price, packaging, & formula; several reviewers prefer the older formula to the newer/changed one

on 7/12/2014 5:25:00 PM

I've been using this stuff on and off since middle school and I still love it. I think pretty much everyone is familiar with this scent -- brown sugar and vanilla, obviously -- so I won't go into too much detail. The scent to me is really warm and cozy and I tend to use this more in the fall/winter months. I like that this is a lotion I can use both before bed and during the day. Some lotions I have are too overpowering to use at night, but I love using this and then crawling into bed. I don't think this smells plastic-y or artificial at all (but I do find that the body mist smells a little off), and I really like that the scent lasts on my skin for several hours.
I love the formula of the B&BW body lotions. My skin really isn't dry at all but I do like to use lotion to make it a little bit softer and smoother. This absorbs pretty quickly and leaves my skin super soft and silky feeling all day. Thicker body lotions and body butters tend to leave me feeling too greasy, so this is perfect for me.
Even though I feel like this scent is super popular and a lot of people wear it, I still get lots of compliments when I have this on. I'll definitely continue to repurchase this lotion!

on 7/1/2014 2:15:00 PM

I love Bath and Body Works Semi Annual Sale and find myself in there more times than a person who drank the water on vacation they were advised against has to run to the bathroom. Perhaps not a great analogy since we're talking fragrance here, but I must say this lotion is a sad, sad imposter for the tried and true Warm Vanilla Sugar I once knew. I had been warned by many reviewers not to bother but once I entered the store my head swam with sights of 75% off and I giddily put this into my bag. It was far less than the "new and improved" lotion and the SA assured me it was the same, only cheaper! Sold! Why didn't I try it out before I bought? I can never smell more than a few scents at a time and was on olfactory overload. At home, with my sense of smell back in full working order I lotioned up my hands and arm. Ew! Yuck! This stuff smells nothing like the FFM or the regularly priced body cream. It is also sticky. What is wrong with this stuff? And did Bath and Body Works know about it and knowingly try to pass this off as something worthy of my hard earned dollars? Congessional hearings and trials must proceed. Did they know- and proceed to put on the shelves for unwitting consumers to lotion up with stinky, sticky imposter junk? This is an outrage! I am off to find my reciept! On sale or not, this is NOT worth it!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this scent!!! I love Bath And Body Works in general but this scent is such a warm, pleasant scent I love it so much. It smells like vanilla sugar cookies!!!