Clé de Peau Beauté Masque Revivifiant/Cooling Mask

No Image

2.5

on 11/8/2006 11:21:00 AM

As a great fan of most of Cle de Peau skin care and makeup products, I have to say that I am totally disappointed with this product. It practically does nothing to my skin. The only thing that is good about this mask is the cooling sensation while the masks are on my face, but you can get the same kind of cooling effect by putting cucumber slices on your face! The mask does not tone, tighten or contour anything as such. A waste of money....and time!! Will not repurchase!

on 3/8/2006 2:24:00 PM

I have used the Cle De Peau products for several years, and must say this was
the most disappointing. I am still waiting to see any difference. After specifically following directions putting the mask(s) on proved interesting, especially the lower piece where the tabs don't want to stay in place. After
15 minutes, five for good luck, nothing looked or felt different! No results
and too much effort and time.

on 2/5/2006 3:10:00 AM

Having gone through an entire box of these treatments, all I can say is I'm underwhelmed. Once again, lofty claims of reduced puffiness and firmer contours are just that, claims. To use this tedious product, you're supposed to give yourself a quick massage with the puff-reducing gel each morning, then follow with the rest of your usual routine. Too time consuming, and hell, the skin can only hold so much product! Once a week, preferably at night, you must use the cooling gel mask. Quite a "space-age" type of watery-gel mask that you apply after your usual skin care. I followed this faithfully, and no results whatsoever. Does it feel great, yes. Does it do anything? Don't know, I'm the only person I know who tried it. OOOH...OOOH...I feel a barrage of glowing praise from the reviewer "imqiora" in defense of this product coming! Watch for a full page ADVERTISEMENT in defense of this product. HA HA HA HA!!! You know me, Unfair and Ignorant! If I'm so ignorant, how do I know that this product is a DUD, and basically collects dust at many Cle de Peau counters???If you want firming there's Revitalizing Emulsion. If you want to reduce puffiness, there's the Eye Serum. Hardly a need for this white elephant, no? At least I'm honest with my reviews and don't give full page spreads complete with pictures and links when reviewing things.

Leave it to uber-prestige brand Cle de Peau to come up with the next generation of pre-moistened sheet masks that fit over your face. No pre-soaked paper/cloth like material here this time. Masque Revivifiant is made of a clear, transparent thin sheet of gel--very advanced. In each packette, you get 2 gelloid sheets--one that fits over the top half of your face, and one for the bottom half. This cooling masque is made to counteract puffiness, water retention, and fatigue. Sadly, this just isn't enough.

After 10 minutes of the recommended waiting time, i didn't feel any more or less "refreshed". You can capture the same effect by using one of those blue eye gel masks that you stick in the fridge, or by splashing your face with ice water. In fact, my skin looked totally uneven right after because the coolness of the mask made all the blood pull back from my capillaries so my blemishes stood out blue and purplish. I would actually only recommend this in the dog days of summer, and even then it's a very expensive option to "cool off".