Yardley English Lavender Soap

Yardley English Lavender Soap

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Cocoate, Water Aqua, Oat Flour, Fragrance Parfum, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Coconut Acid.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I love to buy this soap for $1 at Dollar Tree whenever I can, it's my favorite soap ever! It has a nice classic lavender scent and is very moisturizing and lathers well as does every Yardley soap bar I've ever used. It's creamy and buttery which I like in soap or body wash but not super greasy feeling. It smells divine. Yardley has been making soaps since the 18th century that were used by royalty and high society for a very long time and became popular among everyday people about the 30's-60's. It's now a good cheap soap and body wash brand that is a very affordable luxury for a financially poor person who dreams of being a princess and is a history buff like me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I like the scent and the idea of a super simple lavender soap, but unfortunately this soap is extremely drying for my hands.

I adore Yardley soap. I checked it out on Amazon after I bought it and discovered they actually make a perfume of the lavender scent. Score! I'll be purchasing that, because I love love love the smell of this soap. Its a single-note, deep lavender scent that becomes even more fragrant as you lather. The lather is thick and luxurious-great for me because I lather up in the shower three or four times every time I bathe. Its moisturizing, but not overly so- you don't have that "buttery" feeling another reviewer described Dove as being. The Yardley soap collection goes for $1 a bar at my local Shop rite, so I like to stock up. I've read reviews that say the one manufactured in the USA smells differently from the one they make in the U.K. itself in scent, but I'm very pleased with the USA bars I've bought. My husband is a big fan of their Aloe and Cucumber bar. Despite my intense lathering, these bars last forever for me-two weeks or slightly more after every day intensive use. Highly recommend this product.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My boyfriend & I bought this together on a whim at our local grocery store. We were surprised at the quality of the brand. We use to use Dove but I hated how it didn't feel cleansing afterwards & was too moisturizing to the point that I felt "buttery". Gross. After switching to Yardley, I notice a more thorough cleanse & the fagrance is very delicate & pretty. I like the earthy tones & the lavender puts my mind at ease. I bought 12 more bars yesterday. I will keep buying more.

I don't know if I got a dud or what...I purchased this at Walgreens with very high hopes, as it smelled amazing in the packaging. But the bar has almost no scent, and the soap is extremely trying. Will just be using as a hand soap. Oh well.

on 5/21/2013 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My mom had the liquid pump soad of Yardley English Lavender in her powder room circa 1977 - 1983. Nostalgic for me - a sweet single-note lavender scent. Also came in a lotion. Classic.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just love Yardley soaps. I ESPECIALLY love the Lavender variety. I have lavender everything (Bronners, shampoo and conditioner, and deodorant) and I guess you could say I have come to know that a citrus-y lavender is my favorite. This is it. I wish they made this in perfume :(

on 6/29/2012 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

All of the Yardley soaps are fragrant and luxurious, albeit it a bit drying ( use a good creamy lotion afterwards). I love to keep them on the bathroom counter and allow them to scent my restroom area. English lavender is perfect for night time showers or baths because the laverender scent really relaxes you. I buy several whenever I visit the DollarTree.

on 6/29/2012 3:02:00 PM

Love this one! What a great fresh, herbal scent. At our local fair in the summer there used to be a lady who sold fresh lavender by bulk, in sachets, etc. My Mom and I would have a field day buying up this stuff and making our own sachets for our own drawers or gifts. I could roll in it! LOL! It's a really nice little soap with a great scent. Yum! *sigh*

on 6/29/2012 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I got this soap as a two-pack at Big Lots for $1.00. I liked the lavender scent. The soap comes as a HUGE bar! I think one bar lasted me a little over a month. It is a little drying but nothing some lotion can't fix.