Yardley English Lavender soap (Uploaded by DyingMessenger)

4.1

80%
would repurchase
4.5/5
package quality

price range

Reviews

Feb/12/2017

I love to buy this soap for $1 at Dollar Tree whenever I can, it's my favorite soap ever! It has a nice classic lavender scent and is very moisturizing and lathers well as does every Yardley soap bar I've ever used. It's creamy and buttery which I like in soap or body wash but not super greasy feeling. It smells divine. Yardley has been making soaps since the 18th century that were …Read more

6 of 6 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Coarse

2.0

Feb/26/2015

I like the scent and the idea of a super simple lavender soap, but unfortunately this soap is extremely drying for my hands.

About reviewer (34 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

Jul/16/2014

I adore Yardley soap. I checked it out on Amazon after I bought it and discovered they actually make a perfume of the lavender scent. Score! I'll be purchasing that, because I love love love the smell of this soap. Its a single-note, deep lavender scent that becomes even more fragrant as you lather. The lather is thick and luxurious-great for me because I lather up in the shower three or …Read more

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

Jun/06/2014

My boyfriend & I bought this together on a whim at our local grocery store. We were surprised at the quality of the brand. We use to use Dove but I hated how it didn't feel cleansing afterwards & was too moisturizing to the point that I felt "buttery". Gross. After switching to Yardley, I notice a more thorough cleanse & the fagrance is very delicate & pretty. I …Read more

1 of 2 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBrown

2.0

Sep/26/2013

I don't know if I got a dud or what...I purchased this at Walgreens with very high hopes, as it smelled amazing in the packaging. But the bar has almost no scent, and the soap is extremely trying. Will just be using as a hand soap. Oh well.

About reviewer (679 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

EyesBlue

3.0

May/21/2013

My mom had the liquid pump soad of Yardley English Lavender in her powder room circa 1977 - 1983. Nostalgic for me - a sweet single-note lavender scent. Also came in a lotion. Classic.

0 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (2397 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

Jan/26/2013

I just love Yardley soaps. I ESPECIALLY love the Lavender variety. I have lavender everything (Bronners, shampoo and conditioner, and deodorant) and I guess you could say I have come to know that a citrus-y lavender is my favorite. This is it. I wish they made this in perfume :(

About reviewer (55 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGray

Jun/29/2012

All of the Yardley soaps are fragrant and luxurious, albeit it a bit drying ( use a good creamy lotion afterwards). I love to keep them on the bathroom counter and allow them to scent my restroom area. English lavender is perfect for night time showers or baths because the laverender scent really relaxes you. I buy several whenever I visit the DollarTree.

About reviewer (224 reviews)

SkinCombination, Dark, Warm

HairBrown, Relaxed, Other

Jun/29/2012

Love this one! What a great fresh, herbal scent. At our local fair in the summer there used to be a lady who sold fresh lavender by bulk, in sachets, etc. My Mom and I would have a field day buying up this stuff and making our own sachets for our own drawers or gifts. I could roll in it! LOL! It's a really nice little soap with a great scent. Yum! *sigh*

About reviewer (148 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

Jun/29/2012

I got this soap as a two-pack at Big Lots for $1.00. I liked the lavender scent. The soap comes as a HUGE bar! I think one bar lasted me a little over a month. It is a little drying but nothing some lotion can't fix.

About reviewer (285 reviews)

Age36-43