Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Cream

3.5

INGREDIENTS: WATER\AQUA\EAU, DIMETHICONE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CETYL ALCOHOL, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC/MYRISTIC/STEARIC TRIGLYCERIDE, ALEURITES MOLUCCANA (KUKUI) SEED OIL, MYRISTYL MYRISTATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, ALGAE EXTRACT, CETYL PHOSPHATE, POLYPERFLUOROMETHYLISOPROPYL ETHER, CORIANDRUM SATIVUM (CORIANDER) SEED OIL, ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY), ROSA CANINA (ROSE) FRUIT OIL, ELETTARIA CARDAMOMUM (CARDAMOM), LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER), JASMINUM OFFICINALE (JASMINE), RETINYL PALMITATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, CHOLESTEROL, LINOLEIC ACID, TREHALOSE, GLYCERIN, CAFFEINE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ACRYLAMIDES COPOLYMER, MYRISTYL LAURATE, PHYTANTRIOL, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, LECITHIN, PHYTOSPHINGOSINE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL STEARATE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, POLYSORBATE 20, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SORBITAN LAURATE, MYRISTYL ALCOHOL, PROPYLENE GLYCOL LAURATE, GLYCINE, CARBOMER, HYDROXYPROLINE, PROLINE, SODIUM CARBOMER, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, DISODIUM EDTA, PHENOXYETHANOL

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I was recommended this when I sat down with a beauty consultant selling Bobbi Brown's products in Macy's. I let her know I tend to have dry skin around my nose and cheeks and I wanted something nurturing to help with flaking, so after evaluating my skin, she gave me a generous sample.

I used it religiously, twice a day. I like the fresh scent, but it does feel a little on the heavier side and likes to sit on your skin for a good twenty minutes before it's gone. It does leave a thin film on your face for the rest of the day, but nothing very greasy or oily. It reminds me of a primer and works just as wonderfully underneath foundation. I wasn't excessively bothered by the feeling because my skin could use the extra hours of nurturing.

I liked it well enough for the first few days, but about a week and a half into my new beauty routine, I did notice subtle clogged pores across my cheeks that hadn't been there before. It wasn't anything awful, but in the right light, you could still see tiny bumps on my skin. I'll admit it did make my skin more supple and didn't feel harsh or irritating, but it's not worth continuing to congest my pores. I'm just not willing to trade the effective moisture for the natural smoothness of my skin.

I've been using this for the last three days and today I returned it to the Bobbi Brown counter for a full refund. I have dry combo sensitive skin and this made around my nose, eyes and mouth sting. I thought it might be from the lavender in it as it smells of lavender but turns out it doesn't even have lavender in it! Think it has witch hazel which explains the Vicks stinging sensation I was getting. I'm very disappointed as I didn't mind paying a lot of money for a good face cream.

To Read all 97 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Love this for my day eye cream. The only thing I dislike is the tub. I wish it had a pump.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Very average moisturizer for my skin with drier cheeks and normal t-zone. Furthermore, I dislike the smell and the unhygienic heavy glass jar packaging. Especially given the high price point I feel that there are plenty of drugstore options out there that are more affordable and at least as good. Lastly, not a fan of jar packaging for face creams, I would definitely prefer this to come in a pump bottle.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The sales rep told me that this had a built in primer, not sure about that. But it feels great when I put it on. I do still out a primer on though.

This is one of my favorite creams. I have dehydrated skin so I pair it with a serum usually. I am in my thirties and I don't think I would be great for anyone older than me because it doesn't do much more than moisturize but my skin is so soft and beautiful looking afterward. Because most creams I like are over $100 I love the price on this one. Its a great fit into a skin routine, but if you only wash and moisturize you may need a more intense product.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Okay so this face cream is decent, absorbs quickly and leaves the skin really soft. It's pricey for what it is, and maybe it's just me, but when I started rubbing it in it smelled exactly like bourbon.... so much so that I actually stopped for a minute and was really caught off guard.

This is an average moisturizer. It is actually very light weight and absorbs very quickly, so not greasy at all. Perfect for those with Normal to Oily skin, those with dry skin would be better off getting something from the Extra line. It contains extract of rosemary, lavender among others etc so it is fragrant though not intensely fragrant as are other moisturizer from the Bobbi Brown skin care line.

It is a nice thin layer to put under foundation, perfect before foundation stick as it isn't heavy at all and makes foundation application seamless. I am just bothered by the price as formula wise it doesn't contain anything significant, nor does it contain anything bad. Just an average moisturizer. The hydrating line in general is geared towards basic care, basic hydration which is what Bobbi always talks about if you meet her or see her interviews. Hydration.
This is partly true however hydration isn't everything. Skin can only hold so much moisture other wise it would be engorged and swollen and that would actually destroy the NMF balance.

Getting back to the product, your paying for brand name and packaging, it is jar packaged, looks beautiful but the formula is just average and you'd be better off with Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing gel or lotion, and that comes in pump or tube form. If you must use jar packaging use a spatula or cotton tip.

I received this as a gift, definitely wouldn't purchase it.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

As I've grown older, my complexion has become drier. I'm 41 now, and I've been looking for a bit more hydrating moisturizer. I settle on one for awhile, but I guess I haven't yet found my HG moisturizer. I tried this one from Bobbi Brown, and it feels nice and hydrating when I first apply it to my face. After a few minutes, it is completely absorbed. The smell of the product was pretty strong to me, very vegetal and botanical, and even seemed a little musty. I'm kind of sensitive to smells, and thought this could use a teeny bit of essential oil of Rosemary or something, just to get rid of the musty scent. My husband liked the smell, and said it reminded him of peonies, which I really didn't smell in this. I wish it had smelled like peonies to me!

With the rapid absorption of the moisturizer, I thought it would be a nice base for applying my Bobbi Brown BB Cream overtop, I proceeded to layer it on.

A few hours later, and I literally mean only two or three hours, my BB Cream looked like it was dissolving on my face! There were splotchy & mottled areas, as though the makeup had been wiped away. I'm not oily at all, so it had to be the moisturizer. I had to dart into the restroom at work during my lunch hour, and quickly do a revision of my makeup to get me through the rest of the day. I was annoyed, to say the least.

Since that disasterous day, I've restricted my use of this moisturizer to nighttime only. I find that it's not quite hydrating enough, so I've been layering some 100% pure Argan oil over it. I've grown more accustomed to the scent, and daresay I even like it a little bit now. As far as the product goes, I'd say this is more for normal and/or combination skin, but not for those of us with dry and/or flaky complexions. I would not repurchase this moisturizer.

This is a fab under makeup moisturizer for normal to dry skin. It provides a great base for foundation, and if you apply your makeup directly on top of this without waiting for it to sink in, you'll get a lovely, dewy finish.