Parfums de Coeur Body Fantasies Cotton Candy

Price: $

on 12/19/2016 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

It takes a while for it to smell like cotton candy; at first it smells like disgustingly artificial grape (not sure why) but it tones down to a sweeter cotton candy scent. I've gotten compliments that I smell just like cotton candy. Don't spray too much of it on, because it can be extremely potent. Otherwise, a good, cheap scent.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hold my beer---uh, infused water---while I give this fragrance a much deeper analysis than the brand and price (US~$3) would suggest it deserves.

Cotton Candy Fantasy is made up of the subtle top notes of cotton candy, rather than the caramelized base notes that are probably what defines the scent memory of cotton candy for most people. In other words, Cotton Candy Fantasy is more the aroma of cotton candy as you're eating it than the aroma of cotton candy being spun further down the fairway. For me, this is a good thing - deeper sugar/caramel notes tend to turn overpoweringly sweet on my skin. If I happen to catch the drydown, it's a really wonderful subtle sweetness that melds beautifully within my natural "skin" note - light and fresh, not musky. The initial spray "cloud" settles down very close to the skin after ~10 minutes. Unlike most sweet gourmand scents, Cotton Candy Fantasy is easily worn even in very hot, humid weather.

Interestingly enough, there seems to be a faint base note of grape candy, which grounds the airy notes without itself being outspoken.

Unfortunately, the lasting power is terrible, even for a body mist. After two hours (at best), it's completely gone. Fortunately, Cotton Candy Fantasy lasts several hours when sprayed on clothes, even up to a few days on heavier fabrics, so it's better to wear it that way.

on 3/15/2016 6:38:00 PM

Had to try this. Quite frankly I was almost embarrassed buying it...Im a 34 year old woman...isn't cotton candy body spray for 14 year olds? Who cares. This seems to get rave reviews everywhere Ive looked so I know Im not alone. It is pretty much what you would expect...cotton candy scented which for the first few minutes smells like grape kool-aid powder. I only tried Pink Sugar for the first time this year and I love that for a cozy home scent before bed...and this is a good cheap substitute for that-all the sweetness minus the burnt smell (although I like the burnt smell and wish this had that). I never expect much from body sprays...but these Body Fantasies ones range from good to amazing in terms of lasting power and projection...Id say this one is moderate. Cutey cute scent...fun and uplifting....for feeling pretty oh-so-pretty...and maybe a throw-back to junior high. Also, I'm the type to gag over cheap sweet scents but this somehow doesn't bother me at all

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I agree with some people who said that this smells like cotton candy with grape juice, I really like this scent but it's somewhat hard to wear. It's very sweet so you have to go with a light hand. It lasts well when sprayed onto natural fiber fabric but not that much on the skin.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This stuff is absolutely divine! I am a scent/perfume fanatic and I love super sweet smells. This stuff smells almost identical to cotton candy but even sweeter! I actually smelt this on a co worker. I was very impressed when she showed me this bottle! I have had a couple of these fragrances in the past and have been impressed by the silage and longevity of them. In my opinion this lasts as long as my Victoria's Secret body sprays but obviously not as long as a perfume. I adore Cotton Candy/Sugary sweet smells (Pink Sugar etc) and I'm happy to have found something I can pair with Pink Sugar. I also just orders Gale Delicious Cotton Candy perfume on Amazon and I'm very excited to try them out together. I asked my boyfriend what I smelt like and he went "MMM, like candy!" Men love this scent and to me this Cotton Candy body spray is a mature version of stuff I used as a kid. It doesn't smell synthetic or fake like a lot of Cotton Candy body sprays out there. This doesn't last crazy long so it's good to have a couple of bottles one for the car and one for your purse. I like to spray this before bed just because it smells so yummy. If they made this as a perfume it would be my signature scent.

on 5/19/2015 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Ah, the middle school dance team days...dousing myself in this scent after practice was standard. That being said, I think this is an adorable, syrupy sweet scent. It does not get any sweeter than this...this is pure sugary cotton candy, my friends. However, if you like sweet scents and don't mind the minimal lasting power of this, go for it! It's a fun fragrance I like to keep stashed in my closet or car to spray on my seats or clothes. I like to spray it on my wrists before I go to bed too. You can't really go wrong with this!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This one is definitely a "throwback" for me! I used to wear this when I was in high school. Everytime I would get out of athletics, I would spray this from head to toe, and get crazy with it! I can remember people telling me "I could smell you coming" but in a good way! This stuff is soooooo sweet! It could be Britney Spears' fantasy cousin! This is super cheap too, which is another bonus! I don't care if I am 16 or 56 or 86 this is always going to be a favorite!

after it "sets" on the skin it has a nice smell that doesn't last long. smells very baby prostitute-esque. when you first spray it it smells like grape koolaid. luckily after 2 or 3 mins it starts to smell like cotton candy. it lacks the "burnt" quality pink sugar has leaving it very one-dimensional and cheap smelling.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Oh gosh, do not buy this product. First off I am by absolutely no means a fragrance connoisseur, in fact I tend to like quite childish sweet smells which is exactly why I bought this product. I had tried Sephora's strawberry perfume which btw, is absolutely gorgeous and smells exactly like Haribo Strawbs, but sadly is only available in France. I was told that this scent was a dupe for that which I stupidly believed. I'm disappointed as this crap cost me almost 10 altogether to get it shipped to the UK. Cotton candy this ain't. I can only describe the smell as...Strawberry Calpol, or that ghastly artificial strawberry penicillin the doctor used to give you as a child when you were sick. Everytime I spray this my family yells at me to stop because it seems to make everyone queasy! It smells sweet but not in a good way. The top note is an acrid raspberry syrup scent, with some weird unnecessary floral thrown in, and the base note is like burnt plastic rather than sugar. In fact, this smells EXACTLY like this cheap generic 99p body spray that my classmates used to buy from the pharmacy near my high school and drench themselves in after every gym class. That's exactly what it reminds me of: high school P.E. Not exactly something I want to be reminded of!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I absolutely love this body spray! The first initial spray smells bad, but don't let that fool you. Once it dries down it really does smell like sweet cotton candy. It's amazing. It's a very warm, sweet cotton candy scent with notes of vanilla. I know a lot of people give this body spray lots of crap for being a little girl only scent & things like that just because it's been around forever, but there is nothing wrong with wearing this. Especially for us gourmand fragrance lovers. When I wear this it just smells so pretty. Lots of people don't like sweet scents though, and it makes them sick so if you're one of them don't try this. This is one of those scents that you'll either love it or you won't. I personally really love this a lot.

Popular Fragrances