Parfums de Coeur Body Fantasies Cotton Candy

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/17/2017 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I recently bought more of this. It's one of those things you wear when you just want a simple sweet light scent, like for being at home in comfy clothes. I bought the little travel aerosol and also a body spray. I wish they had the lotions at the stores grrrr...
Anyway, yesterday I wore Shalimar and the day before that Rare Gold and before that men's Zeno (Davidoff), Ralph Lauren Glamourous...but once in a while you just want something basic and pleasing like this.

The real reason for writing this review is that the other day for about the third or fourth recent time I've worn this my SO has commented "hmmm....someone is cutting wood or something?" Each time it's been the Cotton Candy body spray. I started really analyzing the notes and yeah there is that woody dry down. SCORE!

I'm going to try it with Coty Wild Woods next time and see if that intensifies the smoky wood notes. There, that is my PSA for the day! Try it out.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I like the sent but it is very strong I have asthma but most of the time this stuff don't bother me but it is so strong so I barley put it on but I put it on way below my shirt because if not it is too strong for me but nice sent smells like cotton candy but it is strong and the bottle is too small for the price

on 3/2/2017 9:30:00 PM

Not my favorite but it does smell exactly like cotton candy. You will def get male attention. My husband loves when I wear this $5 spray & has said so. He never says a thing about my expensive perfumes (that I prefer) oh well.

on 12/19/2016 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

It takes a while for it to smell like cotton candy; at first it smells like disgustingly artificial grape (not sure why) but it tones down to a sweeter cotton candy scent. I've gotten compliments that I smell just like cotton candy. Don't spray too much of it on, because it can be extremely potent. Otherwise, a good, cheap scent.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hold my beer---uh, infused water---while I give this fragrance a much deeper analysis than the brand and price (US~$3) would suggest it deserves.

Cotton Candy Fantasy is made up of the subtle top notes of cotton candy, rather than the caramelized base notes that are probably what defines the scent memory of cotton candy for most people. In other words, Cotton Candy Fantasy is more the aroma of cotton candy as you're eating it than the aroma of cotton candy being spun further down the fairway. For me, this is a good thing - deeper sugar/caramel notes tend to turn overpoweringly sweet on my skin. If I happen to catch the drydown, it's a really wonderful subtle sweetness that melds beautifully within my natural "skin" note - light and fresh, not musky. The initial spray "cloud" settles down very close to the skin after ~10 minutes. Unlike most sweet gourmand scents, Cotton Candy Fantasy is easily worn even in very hot, humid weather.

Interestingly enough, there seems to be a faint base note of grape candy, which grounds the airy notes without itself being outspoken.

Unfortunately, the lasting power is terrible, even for a body mist. After two hours (at best), it's completely gone. Fortunately, Cotton Candy Fantasy lasts several hours when sprayed on clothes, even up to a few days on heavier fabrics, so it's better to wear it that way.

on 3/15/2016 6:38:00 PM

Had to try this. Quite frankly I was almost embarrassed buying it...Im a 34 year old woman...isn't cotton candy body spray for 14 year olds? Who cares. This seems to get rave reviews everywhere Ive looked so I know Im not alone. It is pretty much what you would expect...cotton candy scented which for the first few minutes smells like grape kool-aid powder. I only tried Pink Sugar for the first time this year and I love that for a cozy home scent before bed...and this is a good cheap substitute for that-all the sweetness minus the burnt smell (although I like the burnt smell and wish this had that). I never expect much from body sprays...but these Body Fantasies ones range from good to amazing in terms of lasting power and projection...Id say this one is moderate. Cutey cute scent...fun and uplifting....for feeling pretty oh-so-pretty...and maybe a throw-back to junior high. Also, I'm the type to gag over cheap sweet scents but this somehow doesn't bother me at all

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I agree with some people who said that this smells like cotton candy with grape juice, I really like this scent but it's somewhat hard to wear. It's very sweet so you have to go with a light hand. It lasts well when sprayed onto natural fiber fabric but not that much on the skin.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This stuff is absolutely divine! I am a scent/perfume fanatic and I love super sweet smells. This stuff smells almost identical to cotton candy but even sweeter! I actually smelt this on a co worker. I was very impressed when she showed me this bottle! I have had a couple of these fragrances in the past and have been impressed by the silage and longevity of them. In my opinion this lasts as long as my Victoria's Secret body sprays but obviously not as long as a perfume. I adore Cotton Candy/Sugary sweet smells (Pink Sugar etc) and I'm happy to have found something I can pair with Pink Sugar. I also just orders Gale Delicious Cotton Candy perfume on Amazon and I'm very excited to try them out together. I asked my boyfriend what I smelt like and he went "MMM, like candy!" Men love this scent and to me this Cotton Candy body spray is a mature version of stuff I used as a kid. It doesn't smell synthetic or fake like a lot of Cotton Candy body sprays out there. This doesn't last crazy long so it's good to have a couple of bottles one for the car and one for your purse. I like to spray this before bed just because it smells so yummy. If they made this as a perfume it would be my signature scent.

on 5/19/2015 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Ah, the middle school dance team days...dousing myself in this scent after practice was standard. That being said, I think this is an adorable, syrupy sweet scent. It does not get any sweeter than this...this is pure sugary cotton candy, my friends. However, if you like sweet scents and don't mind the minimal lasting power of this, go for it! It's a fun fragrance I like to keep stashed in my closet or car to spray on my seats or clothes. I like to spray it on my wrists before I go to bed too. You can't really go wrong with this!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This one is definitely a "throwback" for me! I used to wear this when I was in high school. Everytime I would get out of athletics, I would spray this from head to toe, and get crazy with it! I can remember people telling me "I could smell you coming" but in a good way! This stuff is soooooo sweet! It could be Britney Spears' fantasy cousin! This is super cheap too, which is another bonus! I don't care if I am 16 or 56 or 86 this is always going to be a favorite!

Popular Fragrances