no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 years ago

hard to apply and annoying

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

10 years ago

THE LOOK: Makes eye makeup stay on, glide on and blend like a dream. Whether I am using shadows or crayons, this base will not dissapoint. Does not get caught in creases and dissapears nicely into the lid once applied. Enhances colour & made my eyes pop. THE FEEL: Feels like you are wearing nothing. You apply it with a brush (supplied) and at the start it feels like a power, but then it does this great thing and just blends right in. THE VERDICT: I'm not usually a stickler for packaging but I absolutely loved this in terms of size, design, practicability and quality. I am a HUGH fan of eyeprimers and have tried many brands. I thought that MAC eyeshadow base was my HG eye base, but I think this may even top it!

About reviewer (73 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Neutral

HairOther, Straight, Medium

11 years ago

I love everything Guerlain, so I expected nothing less than the best when I first purchased this item. Surely, it lived up to it's brand name. It really makes all of my eyeshadows "pop" and it strengthens the value of the colors by double, so in essence, I don't have to use as much eyeshadow. This is especially helpful when doing the smokey eye look. As with all Guerlain products, the packaging is adorable. I have used this product for quite some time and will continue to do so.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Other, Other

11 years ago

I really wanted to love this - the SA at Sephora suggested this to me while i was returning UDPP because that didn't work either. She said this would work miracles and make eyeshadow waterproof blah blah blah - I decided to give it a shot since i know for a fact that they don't get paid on commission so it's not like she was just trying to get a sale out of me. Also, i figured it may have a chance since it was so FREAKIN' EXPENSIVE for an eye primer?? Really $33?? Lol i thought "this stuff must work miracles for that price"... First impressions - the container was cute, but a bit unpractical, i prefer tubes etc... when i openned mine, it was ALREADY dried and cracked around the edges, however i figured maybe it was supposed to be like that? What was i thinking?? The first day i tried it, i applied my eye cream first (the SA told me i'd be fine doing that) then applied this and my regular makeup (eye shadow, liner etc) - it creased like NO OTHER.. i mean, i normally get little creases, this made me crease like half my shadow stuck on the opposite fold - does that make sense? Sure it was moisturizing, but i might was well have applied my shadow directly on my eye cream, really - wtf. i'd probably have better luck with that. I continued to try with different combinations of methods like today - just this, no eye cream or anything underneath. Still a tragedy. UDPP was better than this crap and at half the price (i still don't think i'll go back though, that still creased for me too)... I mean, terrible creases - i never knew i could get creases THIS bad. Ew. Another gripe i have with this is, my eyeshadow was so difficult to blend with on top of this - it made it look really chalky!! I'm not newbee to applying shadow, im normally a master at blending. This made my shadows patchy and chalky and took me twice as long as usual to blend. will NOT repurchase - in fact i'm bringing it back to Sephora for a refund, i'm going back to my MAC Paint Bare Canvas. Never had much of a problem with it, but thought i'd look for something new. No thank you. PS - yes i tried this with and without eye cream , with my fingers and with a primer brush etc...

About reviewer (51 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Coarse

11 years ago

I didn't like this for a few reasons. The color is not bad for being the only color available. It does go on pretty sheer, however, I prefer something with a little more coverage to even out my lids. But my main issue is the fragrance, I couldn't really smell it in the jar, but I had some on my hand when I was sampling it, and the scent seemed to get stronger and stronger...and on my eyes, it became very irritating.

About reviewer (401 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinVery Dry, Fair

HairBlond

2.0

12 years ago

I love Guerlain products and I really want to love this because I do need an eyeshadow base desperately. This is creamy, slides on easily, does make eyeshadow color more solid when you apply.....BUT the color still creased at the end of the day..... It does a lot for a base but just not what I was looking for :(

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

12 years ago

I never had any luck with UDPP, & since this base receives such wonderful reviews, I decided to give it a go. Great decision. It has a slightly creamy texture - just creamy enough to be spreadable. I just barely touch a concealer brush to the surface, and then I gently pat/spread it across my eyelids. It imparts a smooth, slightly opaque coating which serves to lighten the lid just a tad, at least for me (NC20-25). (That's a nice plus if you have any sort of discoloration on the lids.) But the reason to buy it is because all of your liners and shadows will now glide on smoothly and evenly, and will stay put until you take them off. It's a lovely product, and while it is not inexpensive, I really mean it when I say I just *touch* the brush to the surface. So this jar will last forever. It will last years - literally!

About reviewer (202 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairSilver, Other, Other

EyesHazel

3.0

12 years ago

I decided to try this eye shadow base because, as with some prior reviewers, I love almost everything from Guerlain! I am especially attracted to any product that offers extra hydration for my mature crepey lids and over which eye makeup goes on and stays on smooth and evenly. Despite a few lumps that needed a lot of blending, this did the trick nicely for a couple of weeks. However, (maybe I got a defective jar or something) besides being too lumpy, this stuff completely cracked and dried out in the jar within a month. I had to toss it out (it's possible I didn't close it right, but still)....I liked it at first because it gave a nice, thick line filling effect on my saggy lids, but I am not going to buy it again.

About reviewer (379 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Neutral

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

12 years ago

This is the first eye lid primer I've bought, so my basis of comparison thus is non-existent, but it seems to work really well and I have no complaints. It does the job of keeping makeup in its place, and doesn't irritate my eyes at all - which are quite sensitive. It comes in a pretty jar and has a similar texture to the bubble blushes.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBrown

EyesGreen

12 years ago

It's my first eyelid base. I got this because i am very tempted to buy the touche de naturel eyeshadows. The lady showed me this base, and voila!!! the pink eyeshadow is so alive on my asian skin tone!!! =) I LOVE this base. its' soo nice with a soft shimmer, nothing too empowering, just perfect. Price is $30 cdn. a little bit cheaper than what i thought it 'd be. i'm in love with guerlain stuff!: )

About reviewer (77 reviews)

SkinCombination