4.4

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/10/2017 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Firstly, I'd like to point out that I've read a lot of reviews on here mentioning crushing up aspirin tablets, or using powder, etc. If you buy the type of aspirin tablets that are designed to dissolve by fizzing up and dispersing into liquid (water soluble) then you don't have to do anything but chuck them in the bottle with your liquid of choice. Here in Australia the Alka-Seltzer brand is the best known type like this, but I'm sure the US and UK have their own versions. Although these tablets are more expensive, it's well worth it, as there's absolutely no residue of aspirin powder on your face when used as a toner.

BE WARNED: if using water soluble aspirin like this then do not put the lid of the container back on until well after you're sure the aspirin has completely finished dissolving! Otherwise it will build up pressure and possibly make the lid and liquid explode all over the place.

I've simply used a 3/4 full bottle of Dickinson's witchhazel toner (about 200ml left in bottle when started) and thrown in 2 extra strength Alka-Selzter aspirin tablets (500mg aspirin per tablet) and let them dissolve. You can always decide to make the mix stronger by adding more once you're skin gets used to it. I've been using both morning and night for only 3 days so far. My only real pimple problem has been the hormonal pimples that have been cropping up round my chin area, which BHA and AHA acids and benzyl peroxide were not totally calming down this time around. The aspirin toner has quickly calmed and reduced all the pimples, and is noticeable brightening and evening my complexion already. I plan to start taking breaks from this toner for a couple of days at a time once I've been using it for a couple of weeks, because that way your skin is less likely to acclimatise to it (which would make it less effective).

Also, please note that ASPIRIN AND TEATREE OIL ARE INCREDIBLY TOXIC TO CATS! If you have pet cats do not leave even the tiniest amount of spillage or powder around anywhere, and wash your hands thoroughly before touching your kittycat.

I use Amazonia's treatment toner on my face but I use this as a foot bath after being on my feet all day. I steep chamomile tea then add an aspirin and it soothes my feet and helps with inflammation.

Seriously this is my HG. I started using about 2 months ago but wanted to wait a while before posting about it to make sure it was actually working. I have oily skin with blackheads and this has cleared them right up. I mix 1 aspirin tablet in about 40ml of warm water, and when it's dissolved add another 20 ml or so of witch hazel. This lasts a fortnight and I use it each night, after double cleaning with cetaphil oily skin cleaner. After the toner I use a little cetaphil moisturiser. I decided to try this because my ASAP clearskin gel ran out and has been discontinued. So glad I tried it! Works better than the clearskin gel and it is dirt cheap!

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

This is part of my new beauty regiment. After cleansing my face I use as a toner, apple cider-vinegar and one pack of Goody (powder aspirin) and a little water; ONLY on my forehead and checks (where I have some dark spots). I tried it on my nose but it is too strong for my nose, it burned it a little. However, I see a brighter skin tone and I have not had any acne since I started using this in my regiment.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Amazing. Why did I wait so long to try it? I just drop a couple of tablets into my Clinique toner and it controls breakouts very well. This toner doesn't lighten all scars but brightens the complexion to a good extent and it also takes away yellowness on the knees, elbows and underarms pretty well.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Has anyone tried the BC asperin powder? Its alot easier than trying to crush aspirin or waiting for it to dissolve. Plus it has caffiene in it. I've been using this as a facial scrub, you can mix it with olive oil or any cleanser you like.

on 7/17/2013 6:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

So, i started to using this yesterday, so i don't have bad or good to say yet..

The reason i'm reviewing this already it's because of it's concept. I live in an europe country where the amount of drugstore skincare brands is nothing compared to the US, for example. It's very hard to find something for acne prone skin without harsh ingredients that dry out my skin... such as moisturizers and toners. Toners always have alcohol in it, which sucks, and the one's that don't have, the're not really suitable for my oily sensitive acne prone skin.

After i tried the tea tree water from lush, i was amazed because it's very gentle yet effective as a toner is supposed to be. But it's expensive too - 11 euros a bottle, and i have to order it online. So i started to do my own tea tree water at home, with a solution of sodium chloride that is very easily found at drugstores (you can use bottled water), cheap(0,49 euros / 100ml) and gentle to the skin, with 3 drops of tea tree oil (organic 100% tea tree oil). Althought it's gentle and suitable for my skin, it was missing that ingredients that really make some difference, like bha's or aha's.
I have hyperpigmentation from previous spots and a lot of clogged pores (white heads) on my jaw line, blackheads all over my nose and cheeks, and some active breakouts on my jaw line and i heard about aspirin and it's effectiveness. Why not? I now add 2 tabblets of aspirin to my homemade toner, and i'm starting to do aspirin masks once a week. So, we'll see how this goes...
Too bad aspirin is a bit expensive in my country. I pay 3 euros for 20 tablets of 500mg (generic brand). But this solution is cheaper than to buy toners from the pharmacy or drugstore, so i'm ok with it.

I'll be updating as soon as i experiment results :D

UPDATE:
It's been a month... And i'm keeping the amount of lippies i gave this "product". I'm amazed. I started to use effaclar duo 3 months ago, and it has done a really good job with my skin, but eventually my skin condition didn't get any better. And that's when i started the aspirin toner and started to see results a week later... This really works with my skin. My skintone is so much more even... i use a lot less makeup, because i no long feel like i need to. My comedonal acne on my jaw line improved a lot, i had a lot of clogged pores there, and now they're almost gone.. I have to say that these clogged pores came to the surface in the first two weeks, so i had a little of a "purge" period, which in this case was totally normal... I would use makeup to cover my blackheads, and now it seems like they're not even there and my pores are a lot smaller. I'm really happy with the results. As for the aspirin mask, i just use it once a week on my inflammation spots - the next day they're a lot less red and inflamed. I'm not totally confident yet to leave the house without any makeup on, but i feel that i'm getting there anytime soon :D

So, now i just have a few persistent spots on my jawline... which i believe it's hormonal caused. And i still struggle with oily skin.. I'm going to start experimenting with vitamin/mineral supplements, as i'm starting to believe that there's nothing much i can do topically to treat those persistent acne spots which seems that they're always present. I have to start fixing some internal nutritive deficiencies... I'm starting zinc next week... we'll see how his goes.

As for this toner, i'm just a little skeptical about long term use of aspirin topically. But i'm using 2 x 500mg per 100ml, so i'm thinking that's not much. I also never experience redness, irritation or some other side effects.. So, i'm definitely keeping this in my routine :)

UPDATE 2:
I had to reduce the amount of aspirin per 100ml, because after i use this, a few hours later i would get some red spots here and there, where i usually don't breakout. So, now i'm using 1 tablet of 500mg aspirin for 100ml. I find this is enough because i use a treatment with salycilic acid at night.

oh my god this is my skin's life-saver! fades out my hyperpigmentation due to acne scarring, and helps my blemishes to heal. i dissolve 2 bayers aspirins to 30 ml drinking water and give it a good shake.

what i do is, every night i wash my face with a gentle soap, then shake and pour this toner to a cotton pad, swipe it all over my face, wait for 15 mins and apply my 2,5% benzoyl peroxide to wherever I have blemishes. this baby brighten up my skin and gives it nice glow, if ure not allergic to aspirin i think you should try :)

on 11/29/2012 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Because of recommendations on this site, I started using aspirin masks. Then I saw that some people also used it as a toner and started to implement that as well. I was already using a toner of Tea Tree Oil and Witch Hazel (the WC really is more to dilute the Tea Tree Oil, alone it doesn't do much for me). So I started to add this in. I just let one pill dissolve with a drop of water and add it to the mix (Someone mentioned it dissolves better in water than other substances). It's so fantastic, it's like taking two home remedies I really like and combining them into one. I still use the mask occasionally, but I use this pretty much daily and I really love how my skin feels after and how open or popped areas get less infected after using this than they would have normally. Just be aware that if you use tea tree oil on your face, that anything you eat afterwards will taste funny due to your smell picking up on the tea tree oil while interacting with your taste buds.

I eventually stopped using witch hazel and the toner but I would occasionally crush up an asprin for problem areas, just less frequently.

on 9/19/2012 2:59:00 PM

I have been using Aspirin Toner for over 7 years and it is my HG toner. I go through two week cycles so I can custom make each batch to fit how my skin is currently behaving. This provides gentle, daily exfoliation that helps keep breakouts away. When I do get the occasional hormonal breakout, its a lot smaller than usual and heals faster.

The basics:
Aspirin (I get mine from the Dollar Tree. Itís $1 for 100 tablets.)
2oz toner bottle (Mine is an old trial size bottle of Clinique toner. Itís the perfect size.)
Hot water
Aloe vera (with or without alcohol depending on what my skin needs)
Witch Hazel

Basic Recipe:
2 aspirin tables
1-1.5 ounces of hot tap water
It really doesnít get easier than this. I clean out the 2oz bottle, toss in two aspirin, and fill the bottle up a little more than halfway with hot water from the tap. I shake shake shake shake until the aspirin breaks apart. Thatís it! The formula does get old, so I only hang on to each batch for about two weeks. To use, I saturate a cotton pad, then fold it in half so I donít get powdered aspirin on my face, and swipe across my face in an upwards motion, avoiding the eye area, but including my eyebrows.
Cost: $0.02 every two weeks

Customizations for when my skin is feeling:
Sensitive: I add pure aloe vera with no alcohol to the mix. (Probably about a teaspoon)
A little oily: I use a 1:1 mix of hot water and witch hazel (Aspirin will dissolve better if you shake it with hot water first, then add the witch hazel)
Oily and sensitive: I use a 3:1 mix of hot water to witch hazel, then add aloe vera gel that contains alcohol.

The Two Week Plan:
Sunday night Ė I mix up a new batch depending on how my skin is feeling. I put this together before bed so that the formula can steep overnight.
Monday morning (Start of the 14 day cycle) - I saturate a cotton pad, then fold it in half so I donít get powdered aspirin on my face, and swipe across my face in an upwards motion, avoiding the eye area, but including my eyebrows.
Frequency Ė I apply morning and night each day for 14 days. On days where I donít wear any make-up, Iíll just swipe this across my face at bed time and not even bother washing my face.
Sunday night (end of the two weeks) Ė At this point, thereís not much left in the bottle. I shake whatís left really well, then pour it into a saucer. I use a paper towel to absorb most of the liquid, then apply the remaining aspirin paste to my face as a face mask while standing over the bathroom sink. Itís super powder and starts to flake off as soon as it dries. So I spend most of the time just trying to spackle the stuff onto my face as quickly as possible. I leave it on for about 5 minutes, otherwise it irritates my skin, and then wash it off with splashes of cold water. Then I rinse out the bottle and make another batch for the next two weeks.

About Me: Iím a skin care junkie and like to mix and match my skin care products everyday to use whatever my skin needs at that time. I have very very sensitive skin and suffer from a sun allergy, eczema, and contact dermatitis. When I do break out or have irritation, the dreaded hyperpigmentation follows. So I run the gamut on skin care products on the search for the next big thing that doesnít irritate my skin.