Clé de Peau Beauté Concealer - Ivory

Clé de Peau Beauté Concealer - Ivory
Concealer - IvoryConcealer - Ivory

4.2

Squalane, Cyclomethicone, Kaolin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Paraffin, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sesquisostearate, Carnuba, Mictocrystalline Wax, Water, Dimethicone Copoyol, Cholesteryl Hydroxsterate, Glycerin, Boron Nitride, Polysilicone-5, Tocoppheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Fragrance, Aluminum Hydroxide, Aluminum Disterate, Simethicone, Methicone, Ascorbyl Dipalmiate, Soy Sterol, Sodium Acetylhaluronate, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Iron Oxides

While it’s priced high it lasts for years. I think my first tube lasted 4-5 yrs. I’m on my second now and I very rarely purchase anything twice. Only concealer that covers my dark circles. Easy to apply, last all day and doesn’t crease.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Other

If you are an NW 15-20, this is likely to work very well for you, especially if your skin has light olive/yellow undertones. In the winter I am an NW 20-25, and I blend the Ivory with the Almond shade to get just the right color. In the summer, I am NW 25-30 and the Almond shade by itself is perfect.
I bought a 3- color sampler on eBay: Ivory - Almond- Beige, and I recommend trying that out first before plunking down a whole wad of money on this concealer, or if you suspect you may need to custom mix shades due to seasonal changes in your skin color.
BTW, I tried out the samples (for color match), not the full size, but Makeup Alley would not let me leave the review without rating the packaging, but I gather from lots of other reviews that the twist up stick works well and lasts really long.
Also good to try if you have reactive skin and need to test things out regarding blackheads and acne as your skin's response to certain ingredients. So far, so good, no worsening either of my rosacea or T zone oiliness or acne, just perfect coverage. *** this is semi-matte, not dewy, but not dead-looking either***

I have to say, it does cover beautifully if you have redness or scarring, makes your damaged skin look like normal skin color and texture by some kind of magic which lasts all day. If you work long hours, this is a dream come true. HG!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have tried a lot of high-end and low-end concealers, this one has been the ONE for many years. Not greasy, not dry, amazing coverage (covers my huge blue vein under my left eye). Extremely economical as it takes me 2 years to finish the stick.

You can use a cle de peau brush with it or fingers.

on 1/8/2018 12:30:00 AM

Okay, I broke down and purchased this and this is the only concealer that I absolutely used up. How could I not with that ridiculous $70 price tag. I will not buy again. Yes, it is a perfect color and consistency but I have since discovered the lightest color in the Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda concealer in light is pretty much a perfect dupe for this. There is nothing, and I mean nothing that warrants any item of makeup to have a 70 dollar price tag.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

What is the sound one's own foot makes when it kicks you? I have dark circles. Not the very darkest, but enough that proper concealer application almost changes my entire appearance, so I definitely enjoy good concealer and have been looking for a concealer with decent coverage, doesn't look dry or cakes and matches well.

I hemmed and hawed about this ($70!), finally bought it and it's just okay. It is pretty dry for undereye use, it looks kind of dry and cakey, and the ivory color is way too yellow. On top of which, it doesn't make it to the end of the day. I know it's holy grail for many, but I am kicking myself for buying it. But I will keep using it since I don't think I can sell it anywhere. Lesson learned!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I purchased this to use specifically as an under eye concealer. If I used Mac (which I don't) I'd probably be NC-10 or 15. Cle de Peau in Ivory was a horrible color match for my skintone. Dark dark dark. If you are as pale as I am, I don't think you'll be happy with this.
Also, after wearing it for a few hours, it gave me a small hive under one of my eyes. Probably a reaction to the fragrance ingredient.
I actually found it pretty creamy for a stick. But it's still a stick and that's what it acts like --- Cakey. It did settle into my fine lines and looked pretty gross. (yes, I used a quality eye cream first)
I'll be happily returning to my HG, Lancome Effacernes.

on 9/24/2015 4:39:00 PM

There was a time when every beauty magazine said this was the best concealer on the planet. I was impressionable, so I bought it. I don't think the price has changed in a long time, but this stuff costs $70! I seriously don't know what I was thinking, but I disagree that it's the best. Honestly, I haven't found my HG concealer, and am hoping that I have luck with one of the new serum concealers, but this one is probably the worst one I have. It doesn't cover marks well, and it creases horribly under my eyes. I have it in Ivory and it matches my NW15-20 complexion well enough, but I prefer Maybelline Fit Me and it costs around $5.

I've been coveting this for a while, and I finally decided to splurge for my upcoming wedding. Unfortunately, it was a big disappointment. First and foremost, the "ivory" shade was too dark for me. I'm pale, but not extraordinarily so. Second, I have very dark circles, and it didn't provide significantly more coverage than my current concealer (NARS radiant, which is less than half the price). I could see this being excellent if you have minor circles and your skin matches with their very limited range. Otherwise, it's not worth the hype.

on 3/3/2015 8:11:00 AM

Cle de Peau is big in Japan and I`ve purchased their concealer because every time I walk through my favorite department store here I`ve seen women trying this on and purchasing it. I see Japanese women doing their make up on trains and they always have a stick of this in their tool kits. What amazed me is when I saw a pock marked woman just casually smear and pat this on her scars and her whole look just becoming brighter and soft focused. Anyway, so I splurged and I was very happy with the results while I was on vacation in a tropical humid country: the stuff stayed put, it set wonderfully with loose powder, didn`t crease or sit in fine lines. However when I got back to Japan (and it`s cold and dry here), a different story: after one day of wear I was discovering fine lines and wrinkles I didn`t even know I had. Moral of the story: moisturize WELL in winter with this, or for me I simply go back to my other favorite Secret Concealer from Laura Mercier, which has a creamier, moisturizing consistency. For this price it ought to be better which is why I won`t repurchase.

I was very excited to try this and had high expectations, however, I don't feel that the product delivered to my standards (OR standards of a $70+ product....) anyway, the color was good, but i had to apply several layers under my eyes to cover the circles, and they were still kinda visible... also, the product got cakey and looked dry -- mind you, my under eye area is NOT dry at all and I don't have wrinkles. After a half hour i looked in the mirror and had to smooth it out (it sank into my VERY fine lines making them totally noticeable)... i had to do this several times within the few hours i had this on. I have used other products that work pretty similarly so i can't say this is by any means, a HG product. I did also play around with the coverage and products underneath, with still just OK results. It is going back to Nordstroms. i really like Cargo's HD concealer, i have gotten several comments on my "fresh" eyes with that product.