REVLON Super Lustrous Lipstick (All Shades)

REVLON Super Lustrous Lipstick (All Shades)

4.2

Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Ozokerite, Polybutene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, C10 30 Cholesterol/Lanesterol Esters, Bis Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), Capric/Caprylic Triglycerides, Paraffin, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Serica Poudre de Soie (Silk Powder), Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2 Hexanediol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 49020), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Carmine (CI 75470)

on 12/9/2018 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like the formula of these lipstick. It is creamy and not drying. I have warm undertone light skin. I prefer the creme finishes. I own and love rose velvet, teak rose, mauvy night, rum raisin and love is on. The ones that I dislike are plum baby, pink in the afternoon, bare affair, and pink velvet. Plum baby has pearl finish and looks cheap on my lips. Pink in the afternoon is a cool toned which does not look good on me. Bare affair is too light for my skin tone.

on 9/22/2018 5:24:00 AM

I am on a quest to start collecting them . I only like the cream range . I bought sandalwood beige and bare affair . I had tried the lipsticks ten years back and they were not as good as they are now. Right amount of creaminess and Oilinesss, non drying , nice colors , sturdy packaging, no scent, ... good pigmentation .. everything is done right.

on 7/20/2018 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have used these since high school, and they are honestly better (IMO) that a lot of the higher end lipsticks I own. They last a long time, there's a great color selection and they are creamy and comfortable on the lips. I always for some reason forget about them and then go back and say why do I spend the extra money on expensive lipsticks, when these are just as good, if not better :) Champagne on Ice is one of my favorites. I am glad that they did away with the fragrance though, that used to be a bit overpowering

on 6/30/2018 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

These babies are the best you'll find in the drugstore, and they're better than a LOT of higher end lipsticks too. Not on the level of MAC or Bite -- but for this price, they don't need to be. My experience is that most of the shades in this line are more flattering for neutral to cool undertones, but when I find one that works for my light yellow, slightly olive skin, I never stop buying it. Toast of New York and Really Red (sadly discontinued) are my favorites that I've bought, used up and rebought over and over again. I've also tried Coralberry, Teak Rose, Blushing Mauve, Black Cherry, Pink in the Afternoon, Rose Velvet, Rich Girl Red, and Fire and Ice. Except for Black Cherry, which is one of the worst lipsticks I've ever tried, all of them have been good quality and solid choices, even if they weren't my forever colors.

These are extremely practical lipsticks -- no fragrance, clear tops so you can tell them apart at a glance, and labeled matte, cream, shine or frost on the packaging. A++

And the history! That 50's glamor vibe! Just try to put on Fire and Ice without picturing the Dorian Leigh ad campaign -- it can't be done! Emotionally, these lipsticks always make me feel elegant and ladylike.

Cons: The tops tend to come off in bags and lose their ability to snap closed over time.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

Something about this formula doesn't sit well on my lips. It is indeed very lustrous and glides on the lips easily, but it's also kind of grainy and patchy at times. It's passable, but it's not quite up to par with most of my other lipsticks, especially mid-range/luxury ones. The price point is nice and there are some really beautiful colors in the range, though, so it's always worth checking out.

on 8/18/2017 10:10:00 AM

I have been using these since the 90's. My favorites are Rose Velvet, Rum Raisin, and Toast of New York. They're creamy and non-drying, and there are a lot of shades to choose from.

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Having trouble finding the perfect shade for my fair, cool skin. I loved the Moon Drops "Chinaglaze Red " Revlon discontinued after decades. It was my favorite of mine and a universally flattering shade. Revlon does not have another shade that comes close as far as I can tell. Did anyone else use this shade and manage to find a substitute?

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I’m glad so many people like this, and while I was grateful there was no smell, I found my lips got very dry, and yet, even when I wiped it off, my lips felt coated. I couldn’t really find a color that worked for me (which is not unusual), the colors I tried were just slightly too much in some direction and seemed off. I think it’s expensive for what it is, and I prefer MAC for just a few dollars more, plus, I get to swatch and test MAC colors before I buy.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I own 3 of these and plan on eventually buying more/repurchasing:

-blushing mauve: a frosted "pearl" finish that I use for night time, fairly shiny. The colour is pretty opaque and long lasting, it's quite a peachy pink shade making it a potential nude shade

-sassy mauve: the creme alternative with no shine, I tend to wear this in the day time. It's a purple mauve shade that is actually pretty wearable.

-relvon red: a true red with very slight hints of pink, again a really nice shade and long lasting

These have been my favourite drugstore lipsticks so far, tried maybelline and bourjois (both were sheer and didn't last very long) and didn't like them nearly as much as Revlon

on 2/23/2017 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great product I absolutely love it. Though you need to re apply through out the day it still has a great pigment and is really soft.