Bioelements Pumice Peel

Bioelements Pumice Peel

4.5

Water, Pumice, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola) Extract, Nasturtium Officinale (Watercress) Extract, Rhus Glabra (Sumac) Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Salvia Sclarea (Clary Sage) Oil, Citrus Aurantium (Petitgrain Cordillera) Oil, Citrus Aurantium (Neroli) Oil, Olus (Vegetable) Oil (Huile Vegetable), Lavandula Hybrida (Lavender) Oil PEG-8, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid, Citric Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Cetrimonium Bromide, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Disodium EDTA

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have used this in two different ways: as a microdermabrasion and a scrub.
I always get pourous around my nose and have little dots. I have tried to use biore strips with minimal success.

This worked well at eliminating this "porous" look on my nose and made a big difference.

on 4/8/2016 11:15:00 PM

I used a sample of this product and barely spread it across my face before it started burning my skin. I also felt a thick oily film left on my skin. After I washed it off, my face looked and felt fine, but as the day went on my skin looked very irritated and started to form a few pimples and red blotchy areas, and my face became excessively oily. There is something in the product that did not react well with my skin so I gave it away.

To Read all 45 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

The best scrub I've ever used, have repurchased several times, HG if you will. LOVE my Pumice Peel. Was introduced to BioElements when I started working front desk at a salon & spa that carries it as their primary skincare line. My skin is combo but on the drier side, and unless I have a powerful scrub that's abrasive enough, I'm left with dry patches from breakouts and flakes all over my nose and in the corners of my nostrils and lips. Foundation is very hard to blend evenly on a rough canvas, and after cleansing I use a dime size amount of the Pumice Peel (which goes a LONG way) on my damp skin to buff away the dryness, leaving my skin fresh, polished, and ready for moisturizer. Feels cool on your fingers and the pumice crystals are so fine, and I've found that they have the power to polish my rough areas without irritation, whether I scrub for a minute or five. And the scent is such a soothing pick-me-up. Not strong at all. If you have sensitive skin I wouldn't suggest being aggressive with it, or this may be too abrasive for you to use at all, depending on the sensitivity of your skin. Runs for around $60 USD at retail price, which I think is expensive for a scrub so I docked a lippie on price (the price point on BioElements is high in general) but one jar lasts me at least two months and I use it daily. If you have connections with SalonCentric to purchase at wholesale or don't mind spending a little more on something that delivers, this is a great scrub to try. I stuck with St. Ives Apricot for years, but this is my go to these days for sure.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product did nothing for my skin. I had high expectations, considering I was splurging on a MUA Top Pick. The texture and ingredients left my skin burning a few seconds after I applied it. The irritation that followed masked any possible benefits, and my skin was left red and bumpy. If you have sensitive or acne-prone skin, I would save your money and search for another scrub. (Even a gentle plain yogurt mask might be more effective.)

I really love this product. It's the best exfoliant I have ever used! I use this twice a week and it always leaves my skin baby soft and really helps to keep my pores unclogged. The grains are so fine, the smell is so relaxing, and it feels like a luxurious facial every time I use it. It's expensive, but you don't have to use a lot at a time so it will last you quite awhile. I agree with a previous reviewer in saying that it is the only product from bio elements that is really worth buying.

on 6/19/2012 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

There's no other scrub like it. The grains are so tiny, and there are so many of them .... Other scrubs feel like a few huge grains mixed into face wash. Once you exfoliate with this you'll never use anything else. It truly is the best.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is the best exfoliator I have ever used, chemical included. I have been using this for about (3) years, I am currently on my second jar. It's a bit costly but worth it because a little goes a long way. There are hundreds of little perfectly round grains that exfoliate away all dead skin cells. I think this is the only product in the Bioelements line worth purchasing I would skip everything else.

on 8/29/2011 5:29:00 PM

GREAT exfoliant. Leaves my skin silky smooth and I have had no problems with my skin whatsoever with this product.

on 1/15/2011 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I hate to be a downer but I absolutely hated this scrub. I think the grit is a bit on the side of overkill... I'm not exfoliating my rough heels here! I guess if you want a 'scrubby' scrub I would pick this over st ives in an instant in that I think this one at least won't tear your skin because the particles are not sharp. I just can't get over the weird emollient quality to this scrub.. my face feels like I smeared ointment all over it after I rinse. When I wash this weird feeling off I notice my skin is still flaky. I also broke out in tiny pinpoint pimples the next morning, but this has been know to happen in me with scrubs. This one is just not for me. I will stick to chem exfoliants from now on.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Well, I doubt I am adding anything new in terms of my review of this product...just bumping up the already high ratings. I used this product for the first time last night and I loved the results. Like so many other reviewers, i have always hated scrubs because the grains are always too big, but the grains in this product are so fine you can hardly distinguish them. So I had no irritation whatsoever and I used it last night and I scrubbed, hard, for about 3 minutes and my skin was super soft and glowy. This morning my pores looked less congested (I followed the pumice peel with a lactic acid serum and i think the peel really helped increase the effectiveness of that serum) and my MMU went on flawlessly and I could still see the glow underneath! The product description says it is not for sensitive or acned skin but i had several acne breakouts when i used this product and it didn't irritate them. My skin is not sensitive, but it is somewhat reactive (often chooses to get very irritated by ingredients in products) and this didn't cause me any trouble. I also love the packaging. Some people don't like the glass jar, and i understand that it is heavy and hard to travel with, but you could easily put a little into a smaller plastic container. I think the glass jar makes it feel luxurious.