Wet 'n' Wild Mega Liner - Black

Price: $

Price: $

on 6/20/2017 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

SMEARS – While I loved the small brush on this eyeliner it smears really badly. This eyeliner is supposed to be smudge-proof as stated on the outside of the box in really large letters but it smears terribly. I was so disappointed because the application goes on wonderfully but once my eyes started to water this was a mess. It looked like I had been crying and this liner transfers down as well. I haven’t had another liquid eyeliner do this. If you have watery eyes like I do this eyeliner isn't a good choice for you.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I got this as a gift for my birthday last year but it was in a different bottle but same name and I started using eye liner in 2014 or so but I added it on to my makeup collection as I wanted to try it and I started using liquid and I find this kind easy to apply it goes on well it don't peal off or start to come on bad so I will use this brand but I do love this brand any ways because I have been using it for so many years (I am rating 5 stars for price even though it was gave to me)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a review for the newer formula without the silver handle. I guess Wet N Wild updated this a bit ago but I haven't tried this product until today.

It's AMAZING. I was previously using Urban Decay Perversion 24/7 liquid liner but wasn't liking the very stiff felt tip. I also wanted to save some money since it seems like makeup is getting more and more expensive these days. I decided on the Wet N Wild because they're cruelty free and generally inexpensive. I'm very pleased with this so far! The color is very black and dries matte. I put it on this morning and haven't yet experienced any smudging or flaking despite touching my face/eyes all day long since it's allergy season. Lastly, I really like how flexible the tip is. My eyelids are getting a bit crepey in places now that I'm getting older and the flexible tip makes it much easier to apply color. It just glides right on.

I highly recommend this as a liquid liner for anyone. You can do thin and thick lines, wings, whatever you want!

I've repurchased this item and stocked up! Great quality surprisingly for price! I like it's dark, fairly easy to apply and slim packaging and havnt had issues with it.. a score

on 12/16/2016 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Pretty good eyeliner, especially for the price. I still prefer my Kat Von D tattoo liner since this one isn't as precise, but I can still get a pretty thin line that's great for an everyday look.

So over the last year I have been trying to spend less on my makeup. Wet n Wild had a sale so I pretty much bought everything!!

I love liquid liner because my eyelids are mega oily. This liner worked great for me.....but only in the dark brown?!?!? I know that sounds crazy but I have tried the black countless times thinking it was just a fluke but I never like it when it is on. Maybe it's the shade of black or the formula is a little different? For the record I normally ONLY wear black liner. I have pale skin and black helps make my eyes pop. Whenever I try a different color I never like it so I am SHOCKED that I like the brown better........

on 6/12/2015 10:41:00 AM

Edit: Jan 29, 2015

Beware: NEW FORMULA, NEW BRUSH!! (To distinguish, new packaging of the liner is now all black for the black color, no longer has the silver handle)

WnW, why did you change this? The Product Manager really should have done a better job understanding the customer. They have changed the formula, which they state...that is still fine. But there is a reason people purchased the old liner - because it is a brush tip, not the new felt tip, regardless of how fine the tip is. This, they do not state in the new packaging.

It makes a huge difference in precision of application. Also, the formula is slightly more watery (less intense), but I can still deal with that.

Additionally, the new formula isn't smudge proof. As in, by mid morning, I've got black racoon eyes on the bottom part of my eyes. All the way down...it's a bad look.

Unfortunately, due to the change from fine brush to fine felt tip, and poor formula I will be changing my HG eyeliner. So very disappointed.

**************
A friend introduced this to me a few months ago, and I have NOT looked back.

I will admit, you have to have a steady hand, and be confident with your liquid liner skills.

So first off - PRICE POINT. This is only available in the U.S., as far as I know, and in a small section of the cosmetics section. You will have to look for it. But I always take my time as I am ready to spend $4 on a liquid eyeliner that I love :)

FORMULA - yes, it's liquid, but it has never caked or clumped for me. The application is very smooth.

The fine BRUSH TIP allows the user to make an ultra thin line, or build and make a thick line. And it gives me great control when doing my signature cat eye.

COLOR choice - I have both the black (no sparkle) and dark brown. The one thing I do find with dark brown in any manufacture, is that the consistency of the colour always requires a second "coat" as sometimes when I apply, it's not as consistent as the black. Having said that, I have no issues going a second time around to ensure that the colour is bold, and at the price, I really don't care. The Amethyst and Turquoise look really cool, too, so will have to eventually try it.

Side note - I did by the waterproof one once by mistake. My only comment is I find the felt tip is very harsh on the eyes.

New HG. Done.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

HOLY GRAIL item! Super cheap, super amazing. Will always repurchase as long as it is being made.

Ugh i don't know why people love this cause it doesn't work for me. I accidentally cry while using this product and yes my eyes turned into black racoon eyes.....so bad but what can i expect for cheap price. The only good thing is it has the blackest black

on 4/4/2015 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I can't believe I haven't written a review for this product yet & I've been using this for over 6 years!

Their black is black & intense that I like.

-1 lippie for smearing at the corners of my eyes. May try their cream eyeliner.

Despite smearing, I haven't found another liquid liner comparable.