Wet 'n' Wild Mega Liner - Black

Wet 'n' Wild Mega Liner - Black
Mega Liner - Black

Price: $

Price: $

So over the last year I have been trying to spend less on my makeup. Wet n Wild had a sale so I pretty much bought everything!!

I love liquid liner because my eyelids are mega oily. This liner worked great for me.....but only in the dark brown?!?!? I know that sounds crazy but I have tried the black countless times thinking it was just a fluke but I never like it when it is on. Maybe it's the shade of black or the formula is a little different? For the record I normally ONLY wear black liner. I have pale skin and black helps make my eyes pop. Whenever I try a different color I never like it so I am SHOCKED that I like the brown better........

on 6/12/2015 10:41:00 AM

Edit: Jan 29, 2015

Beware: NEW FORMULA, NEW BRUSH!! (To distinguish, new packaging of the liner is now all black for the black color, no longer has the silver handle)

WnW, why did you change this? The Product Manager really should have done a better job understanding the customer. They have changed the formula, which they state...that is still fine. But there is a reason people purchased the old liner - because it is a brush tip, not the new felt tip, regardless of how fine the tip is. This, they do not state in the new packaging.

It makes a huge difference in precision of application. Also, the formula is slightly more watery (less intense), but I can still deal with that.

Additionally, the new formula isn't smudge proof. As in, by mid morning, I've got black racoon eyes on the bottom part of my eyes. All the way down...it's a bad look.

Unfortunately, due to the change from fine brush to fine felt tip, and poor formula I will be changing my HG eyeliner. So very disappointed.

A friend introduced this to me a few months ago, and I have NOT looked back.

I will admit, you have to have a steady hand, and be confident with your liquid liner skills.

So first off - PRICE POINT. This is only available in the U.S., as far as I know, and in a small section of the cosmetics section. You will have to look for it. But I always take my time as I am ready to spend $4 on a liquid eyeliner that I love :)

FORMULA - yes, it's liquid, but it has never caked or clumped for me. The application is very smooth.

The fine BRUSH TIP allows the user to make an ultra thin line, or build and make a thick line. And it gives me great control when doing my signature cat eye.

COLOR choice - I have both the black (no sparkle) and dark brown. The one thing I do find with dark brown in any manufacture, is that the consistency of the colour always requires a second "coat" as sometimes when I apply, it's not as consistent as the black. Having said that, I have no issues going a second time around to ensure that the colour is bold, and at the price, I really don't care. The Amethyst and Turquoise look really cool, too, so will have to eventually try it.

Side note - I did by the waterproof one once by mistake. My only comment is I find the felt tip is very harsh on the eyes.

New HG. Done.

To Read all 323 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

HOLY GRAIL item! Super cheap, super amazing. Will always repurchase as long as it is being made.

Ugh i don't know why people love this cause it doesn't work for me. I accidentally cry while using this product and yes my eyes turned into black racoon eyes.....so bad but what can i expect for cheap price. The only good thing is it has the blackest black

on 4/4/2015 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I can't believe I haven't written a review for this product yet & I've been using this for over 6 years!

Their black is black & intense that I like.

-1 lippie for smearing at the corners of my eyes. May try their cream eyeliner.

Despite smearing, I haven't found another liquid liner comparable.

on 1/5/2015 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

easy to use
after a 3 hours you can see on the wing part that theirs empty spots
great price
great for beginners

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is a great liquid eyeliner, that is pigmented, and long-lasting. I have it in "Black", and it's very black. The brush makes it easy to apply a smooth, thin line, and to do the cat eye on the corners. This does take a minute to dry, so if you get it on your lashes, be prepared to wipe off smudges when you blink, until it sets. This won't work on the waterline, so one lippie off for that, but otherwise, it's a great liner at a great price!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I had been in love with Mac's boot black liquid liner for years and I wanted a less expensive alternative. Since I'm a huge fan of wet n wild's eyeshadows and lipsticks I decided to give their eyeliners a try. First I tried out their h2o liner which was a total fail! Then I reluctantly decided to try the mega liner and I am so glad I did! It is so easy to work with, it dries quickly, it's opaque, comfortable and matte. This liner has permanently replaced the mac liner in my makeup bag.

Great liquid eyeliner, and so cheap. Inky black, smooth, easy to apply and long-lasting. I've tried the black one and am looking forward to purchasing more colors.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hands down best eyeliner! Ive used maybelliene (stilleto &gel liner), covergirl (felt tip&brush) pencil eyeliners, elf eyeliner nothing has ever worked for me! Every eyeliner was smeared on the outer corner of my eyes within minutes! My eyes are very watery and this didn't smear at all! Purchased for 3.93 at walmart. If you're not so great with liquid have some makeup remover on hand, this stuff is not very easy to take off!